1. SPORGWIRE.com
    The best Sports Newswire on the internet!
    SPORGWIRE provides you with an easy way to keep up with the latest sports news,
    rumors, reviews, videos and more from sports sites all over the internet!
    Follow your favorite teams and sports leagues and
    the SPORGWIRE home page becomes your personal sports news site for the internet!
    Dismiss Notice

What do you think of Z Martin moving to L?

Discussion in 'Roster Zone' started by KingRah, Nov 8, 2018.

1. KingRah

KingRah Active Member

329 Messages
    108 Likes Received
    I've always wondered why they never did this. YOu'd guarantee the best lest side in football for a half decade. Tyrons been great, but he keeps having different guys next to him and I know it affects him. Z Martin is great, but he plays with inconsistent RT s. The move would free them up mentally and provide consistency for years. It would also make Fredericks job easier when he returns. He knows every snap to never worry about the left side.

DcFootball4 and kskboys like this.
  2. CF74

CF74 OG 1-Tech Advocate

20,341 Messages
    7,206 Likes Received
    What if we flip Tyron with La’el

Rayman70 and Melonfeud like this.
  3. DcFootball4

DcFootball4 Active Member

147 Messages
    95 Likes Received
    That might really help with Tyron being banged up and a bit off recently. We’ve just been lucky Dak has some Romoesque escapibility in the pocket.

4. KingRah

KingRah Active Member

329 Messages
    108 Likes Received
    I just hate Tyron having a different lg overt other year. I also like the idea of making one side dominate:

Melonfeud and DcFootball4 like this.
  5. Melonfeud

Melonfeud I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe. Zone Supporter

14,745 Messages
    24,415 Likes Received
    Well, it just might afford the #4 that all important .5 to full 1 second extra of digesting his ,,,er,,,already known receivers routes they are running, before he bolts outta' the pocket & rolls to the right ,ricocheting a 7 yard pass off the turf,or worse:eek:

if z-mart ain't on the right side? the #4 just might not be so quick in bolting out of the pocket & rolling out to his right flank,,,it's brilliant in the concept of Learned response, as He just might then start to step up into the pocket & fire bullseye strikes,,,er,,,or worse, man! those sack/ fumble turnovers he's been handing out like s&h Green stamps are just as bad as winging interceptions,,,SHEESEo_O

6. Rayman70

Rayman70 Well-Known Member

6,544 Messages
    4,786 Likes Received
    risky. Collins has proven to be a liability at RT...what would change at LT? If a switch is made, its simple. Move Collins to LG..WHICH WAS PROVEN TO BE HIS BEST FIT, and start Fleming at RT, his natural position, and really why we brought him over here from New England. We are paying a swing tackle like him millions just to gather dust? SO LETS START THE GUY. I mean he did start a bunch of games and protect Brady. He has to be a bit better than Collins.

DcFootball4 likes this.
  7. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

73,651 Messages
    36,592 Likes Received
    Fleming wasn't signed to be starting. The plan has always been to have him play swing. Frankly I am concerned about him because he looked very average in preseason. Saying he has to be a bit better than Collins might not necessarily be true.

Given the improvement we will see from Williams next summer, it's not safe to say that Collins would make a better LG than Williams. I'm keeping everyone where they are at and letting Colombo go back to the blocking style that made then a beasty line like before.

8. Rayman70

6,544 Messages
    4,786 Likes Received
    yuck.

9. CF74

CF74 OG 1-Tech Advocate

20,341 Messages
    7,206 Likes Received

Collins is a lefty and Tyron appeared to be struggling earlier this season. Fleming regressed but it could just be he doesn’t know our scheme. At this point it’s just rearranging chairs on the Titanic...

Rayman70 likes this.
  10. Rayman70

6,544 Messages
    4,786 Likes Received
    thats true, especially the last thing you said. Its a ship without a REAL captain and its nearly all the way under the water.

11. mardwin

mardwin Well-Known Member

2,099 Messages
    3,102 Likes Received
    Why mess with the best RG in football?