What do you think of Z Martin moving to L?

KingRah

Reaction score
I've always wondered why they never did this. YOu'd guarantee the best lest side in football for a half decade. Tyrons been great, but he keeps having different guys next to him and I know it affects him. Z Martin is great, but he plays with inconsistent RT s. The move would free them up mentally and provide consistency for years. It would also make Fredericks job easier when he returns. He knows every snap to never worry about the left side.

DcFootball4

Reaction score
I've always wondered why they never did this. YOu'd guarantee the best lest side in football for a half decade. Tyrons been great, but he keeps having different guys next to him and I know it affects him. Z Martin is great, but he plays with inconsistent RT s. The move would free them up mentally and provide consistency for years. It would also make Fredericks job easier when he returns. He knows every snap to never worry about the left side.

That might really help with Tyron being banged up and a bit off recently. We’ve just been lucky Dak has some Romoesque escapibility in the pocket.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
I just hate Tyron having a different lg overt other year. I also like the idea of making one side dominate:
Well, it just might afford the #4 that all important .5 to full 1 second extra of digesting his ,,,er,,,already known receivers routes they are running, before he bolts outta' the pocket & rolls to the right ,ricocheting a 7 yard pass off the turf,or worse:eek:

if z-mart ain't on the right side? the #4 just might not be so quick in bolting out of the pocket & rolling out to his right flank,,,it's brilliant in the concept of Learned response, as He just might then start to step up into the pocket & fire bullseye strikes,,,er,,,or worse, man! those sack/ fumble turnovers he's been handing out like s&h Green stamps are just as bad as winging interceptions,,,SHEESEo_O

Rayman70

Reaction score
What if we flip Tyron with La’el
risky. Collins has proven to be a liability at RT...what would change at LT? If a switch is made, its simple. Move Collins to LG..WHICH WAS PROVEN TO BE HIS BEST FIT, and start Fleming at RT, his natural position, and really why we brought him over here from New England. We are paying a swing tackle like him millions just to gather dust? SO LETS START THE GUY. I mean he did start a bunch of games and protect Brady. He has to be a bit better than Collins.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
risky. Collins has proven to be a liability at RT...what would change at LT? If a switch is made, its simple. Move Collins to LG..WHICH WAS PROVEN TO BE HIS BEST FIT, and start Fleming at RT, his natural position, and really why we brought him over here from New England. We are paying a swing tackle like him millions just to gather dust? SO LETS START THE GUY. I mean he did start a bunch of games and protect Brady. He has to be a bit better than Collins.
Fleming wasn't signed to be starting. The plan has always been to have him play swing. Frankly I am concerned about him because he looked very average in preseason. Saying he has to be a bit better than Collins might not necessarily be true.

Given the improvement we will see from Williams next summer, it's not safe to say that Collins would make a better LG than Williams. I'm keeping everyone where they are at and letting Colombo go back to the blocking style that made then a beasty line like before.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Fleming wasn't signed to be starting. The plan has always been to have him play swing. Frankly I am concerned about him because he looked very average in preseason. Saying he has to be a bit better than Collins might not necessarily be true.

Given the improvement we will see from Williams next summer, it's not safe to say that Collins would make a better LG than Williams. I'm keeping everyone where they are at and letting Colombo go back to the blocking style that made then a beasty line like before.
yuck.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score

Collins is a lefty and Tyron appeared to be struggling earlier this season. Fleming regressed but it could just be he doesn’t know our scheme. At this point it’s just rearranging chairs on the Titanic...

Rayman70

Reaction score
Collins is a lefty and Tyron appeared to be struggling earlier this season. Fleming regressed but it could just be he doesn’t know our scheme. At this point it’s just rearranging chairs on the Titanic...
thats true, especially the last thing you said. Its a ship without a REAL captain and its nearly all the way under the water.