What do you want

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yep, my Dak thread. I am sure there isn’t but a few.

So what is it that you want from the FO. Honestly, we are for the most part all Cowboys fans on here and some obviously like Dak and some obviously hate Dak. But one thing we share is we want to win.

Either way the FO is convinced he is to be our franchise QB and are going to pay him and he will get market price which is 30-32 million an year. Judging from what Wilson and now wentz got. He don’t have the experience Wilson has or the ring. So I can’t see him getting that money. And wentz has a ring but he didn’t win the SB he was on the team at the time.

So what do you want, our FO to let him play out his contract and maybe use the tag on him if he gets better, then maybe sign him.

Cut him or trade him and tank a season to get a high draft pick or blow a draft up to trade up to get a high pick QB that you never know if they are gonna pan out.

Everyone saying 25 million a year is all they would pay is a nice thought but he won’t settle for that. Would you if you were him.

You can bet there is trade value there. And if we released him do you think a team wouldn’t grab him up and pay him.

Can’t wait to hear the responses. It’s the offseason so yeah.
Sign him for 200 million guaranteed. Just too see pappy's and Risens responses.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
The Dallas FO is intent upon signing Dak to another contract that will likely be in the $30 mil range -- exactly how much is yet to be determined. It will likely take just long enough for them to see justification that Dak's performance is truly worthy of that figure. Currently, opinions of his practice acumen tends to favor granting him that figure and perhaps a bit more. Jerry and Stephen both say he'll get a generous contract, whatever that may be.

Dak claims to be in no particular hurry right now, even though the FO says they're currently far apart in their negotiations. Further determination of Dak's performance by the FO should eventually convince them as to what they're willing to settle for. Since there's no other viable option available as a QB replacement, chances of a mutual agreement being worked out seem to be just a matter of when than if it might happen.

Last edited:

glimmerman

Reaction score
The Dallas FO is intent upon signing Dak to another contract that will likely be in the $30 mil range -- exactly how much is yet to be determined. It will likely take just long enough for them to see justification that Dak's performance is truly worthy of that figure. Currently, opinions of his practice acumen tends to favor granting him that figure and perhaps a bit more. Jerry and Stephen both say he'll get a generous contract, whatever that may be.

Dak claims to be in no particular hurry right now, even though the FO says they're currently far apart in their negotiations. Further determination of Dak's performance by the FO should eventually convince them as to what they're willing to settle for. Since there's no other viable option available as a QB replacement, chances of a mutual agreement being worked out seem to be just a matter of when than if it might happen.
With them being far apart make me wonder what the offer was. Maybe 25 million and Daks agent wants 35. They can’t expect more than Wilson got.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Negotiating has as much to do with the agent's rep for how he handles it. These teams learn the tendencies of these agents and know they need to stonewall some for a while to get their attention because the only thing every agent knows that the players talk about are how effective the different agents are.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Negotiating has as much to do with the agent's rep for how he handles it. These teams learn the tendencies of these agents and know they need to stonewall some for a while to get their attention because the only thing every agent knows that the players talk about are how effective the different agents are.
I don’t care for the way D-Laws agent handles it.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
With them being far apart make me wonder what the offer was. Maybe 25 million and Daks agent wants 35. They can’t expect more than Wilson got.

I hope that Stephen and Jerry know better than to overestimate Dak's value to the extent that they pay him that much. If there's anyone they should gauge their estimation of him, I would think it's somewhere in the range of what Philly is paying Wentz.

It's common practice for a business to offer far less than they're ultimately willing to settle for and just as common for an agent to ask far more than they will ultimately accept. They'll play that game until they finally "get around to brass tacks." I think it'll go well into TC before they get close enough to come to acceptable terms.

Last edited:

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

So what is it that you want from the FO. Honestly, we are for the most part all Cowboys fans on here and some obviously like Dak and some obviously hate Dak. But one thing we share is we want to win.

Either way the FO is convinced he is to be our franchise QB and are going to pay him and he will get market price which is 30-32 million an year. Judging from what Wilson and now wentz got. He don’t have the experience Wilson has or the ring. So I can’t see him getting that money. And wentz has a ring but he didn’t win the SB he was on the team at the time.

So what do you want, our FO to let him play out his contract and maybe use the tag on him if he gets better, then maybe sign him.

Cut him or trade him and tank a season to get a high draft pick or blow a draft up to trade up to get a high pick QB that you never know if they are gonna pan out.

Everyone saying 25 million a year is all they would pay is a nice thought but he won’t settle for that. Would you if you were him.

You can bet there is trade value there. And if we released him do you think a team wouldn’t grab him up and pay him.

What do you want?

I'll take this...

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Let him play out 2019 on his existing deal. If he does well and the team does well, negotiate a long term deal or tag him if you must. Yes, I understand if he plays well the price tag goes up on Dak, but I am OK with that because I think the downside risk to any long term deal now is way bigger than a few million more in AAV a year from now.

If you let him play out the 2019 season under his existing deal and he has a 2017ish type season or even a decent season but below what we saw in late 2018 (and the team also kind of just is blah), you've now given yourself way more information about what kind of QB you have and you also aren't now handcuffed to a big deal.

Jerry, listen to reason.
The above advice makes $ense for now and for the future!
Dont hamstring us with a 4 or 5-year contract for Dak that will put us out of contention for 4-5 years and another year to develop a franchise QB.

GhostOfPelluer

Reaction score
Not all franchise QBs are the same. I think that's what people miss in this. Because Wilson got X, Dak has to get X or maybe X+. Becaue Wentz got Y, Dak has to get Y or Y+. It doesn't have to work that way.

Something tells me the Cowboys don't subscribe to the belief that Dak has to get what Wilson or Wentz got.
That's not how agents work

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Most of us have been around to witness our team with a crappy QB.... we've had too many to mention. Dak is far from crappy. Pay him and let's go get our 6th SB. Is overdue!
Pay Dak what he wants and we get a Super Bowl?
In what universe do things like this happen?

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score

The title of this thread got me listening to Pink Floyd today.
Thank you.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don’t care for the way D-Laws agent handles it.
That's because he's strictly working for the player and could care less about the team. They use whatever leverage they can to get their client the best deal and make a name for themselves. They're like the ambulance chasers putting those people in their TV ads "Thomas J Henry got me $318,000 for my smashed in face and brain damage".