What do you want

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Yep, my Dak thread. I am sure there isn’t but a few.

So what is it that you want from the FO. Honestly, we are for the most part all Cowboys fans on here and some obviously like Dak and some obviously hate Dak. But one thing we share is we want to win.

Either way the FO is convinced he is to be our franchise QB and are going to pay him and he will get market price which is 30-32 million an year. Judging from what Wilson and now wentz got. He don’t have the experience Wilson has or the ring. So I can’t see him getting that money. And wentz has a ring but he didn’t win the SB he was on the team at the time.

So what do you want, our FO to let him play out his contract and maybe use the tag on him if he gets better, then maybe sign him.

Cut him or trade him and tank a season to get a high draft pick or blow a draft up to trade up to get a high pick QB that you never know if they are gonna pan out.

Everyone saying 25 million a year is all they would pay is a nice thought but he won’t settle for that. Would you if you were him.

You can bet there is trade value there. And if we released him do you think a team wouldn’t grab him up and pay him.

Can’t wait to hear the responses. It’s the offseason so yeah.

Doesn't matter what the trolls want. Dak is getting paid and has earned EVERY penny of it. Within the next few years he will be one of the best all around QB's in the NFL. For sure, top 10. Not sure if he will get into the top 5, but I don't think he needs to.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Jerry, listen to reason.
The above advice makes $ense for now and for the future!
Dont hamstring us with a 4 or 5-year contract for Dak that will put us out of contention for 4-5 years and another year to develop a franchise QB.

GimmeTheTissues!!!!!!! :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::laugh::laugh::laugh::oldcouple::oldcouple::dance::dance::yourock::yourock::yourock::clap::clap::clap::clap::flagwave::flagwave::flagwave::grin::grin:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I clearly know I don’t want to overpay any player

Nobody does. But when you sign these big new contracts, 70% of the time, they are more then the last guy. Just the way it goes. It also guarantees that 3 years from now, even if the guy is a top 3 QB, they will only be getting paid like a #10 or 12th highest paid guy.

You should be happy that you actually have a great young QB like Dak that is getting a contract like this. And the fact that we only had to give up a 4th round pick to find him.

Cowboy fans should be jumping for joy over Dak Prescott.

Just look what the Eagles had to give up to get Wentz. And I think its a pretty even debate over which guy is better.

Fire407

Reaction score
Even if Dak gets $30 million a year, next year Mahomes is reportedly going to reset the market at $35 million. For one year it will look like Dak is overpaid but three years from now it will look like a bargain.

Techsass

Reaction score
They are going to sign Dak. If the price is too high, they'll scribble in a way to get out of the contract.

bodi

Reaction score
I do not see anyway they don't sign him to a longer term deal because of the lack of options and I agree with that.

Does anyone here think the Dallas Cowboys are going to tank for a QB? Can you see the headlines and sports talk shows with that and you fans that buy tickets, are you on board with that? Ridiculous to even suggest it. Booger, Goodell and the rest of the owners wouldn't allow it.

So the next option is to package and trade up for a "sure thing " QB like Herbert or Tua or Lawrence the next year. There's only a couple of problems with that. First, assume the teams at the top of the draft don't want a QB and then assume the teams that do and what they'd be willing to give up. Want to get into a trading contest with them with this front office? And just how many teams would be vying for the chance to pick them? Think teams like NO, LAC and PIT aren't thinking about the next QB? There are no sure things but if Herbert and Tua have just improved seasons and look for Tua to get a hell of a lot more exposure because If Saban starts pulling him in the first half, good luck with recruiting stud QB's, the price for trading, if that is even a possibility, is going to be as high as the trade to pick Ricky Williams, only all of this year's picks won't do, have to dip into 2021.

Like it or not, Dak Prescott is the QB for the next 3-5 years and look at the guarantee and divide that by 4 and that's the hook. He's got a 66% win percentage and 2 of 3 division titles with a mediocre defense. What other QB has that in the last 3 seasons?

I am not saying he's great but he is not as bad as the Dakaters make him out to be either and not allowing for improvement in not only him but the offense in general, is showing nothing but they just flat don't want him, for whatever reason.

I am resigned to this happening and just hope it gets done soon so the venom can fly, the "there is no hope" threads can run and we can get back to something else like Elliott's contract. I see there is less resistance to that than the QB and that might be the biggest mistake this team can make. Especially if that costs the team a good top 10 cover corner.

how could you miss Fromm the best of them all then there Eason

bodi

Reaction score
Jake Fromm, QB, Georgia
Height: 6-2. Weight: 220.
Projected 40 Time: 4.79.
Projected Round (2020): 1-2.
6/6/19: Fromm completed 67 percent of his passes in 2018 for 2,749 yards with 30 touchdowns and six interceptions. Because of an injury, Fromm was pressed into the starting lineup as a freshman in 2017, but he led Georgia all the way to the National Championship that season. Fromm was an excellent game-manager, making some clutch throws while protecting the football to allow his potent rushing attack and superb defense to control games. On the year, Fromm completed 62.2 percent of his passes for 2,615 yards with 24 touchdowns and seven interceptions. He could be even better now that he has more experience.

Jacob Eason*, QB, Washington
Height: 6-5. Weight: 235.
Projected 40 Time: 4.80.
Projected Round (2020): 1-3.
6/6/19: Eason sat out the 2018 season after transferring out of Georgia. He was injured in the 2017 season opener for Georgia, and Jake Fromm remained the starter for the rest of the season. The Bulldogs didn't want to change their winning formula once Eason was healthy, keeping Eason as the backup. After the 2017 season, Eason transferred to Washington.

I know some scouts who are high on Eason, so he definitely would have received serious consideration if he had entered the 2019 NFL Draft, for which he was eligible. Eason has excellent size and a quality arm with pocket-passing potential. At Georgia, he got good experience working in an offense under a respected coordinator with Jim Chaney that correlates more to the NFL than the vast majority of college offenses being used. Kirby Smart said one of the sad parts about Eason leaving Georgia was that his growth under Chaney wasn't seen nationally. Eason completed 55 percent of his passes in 2016 for 2,430 yards with 16 touchdowns and eight interceptions.

my first two picks at QB

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Even if Dak gets $30 million a year, next year Mahomes is reportedly going to reset the market at $35 million. For one year it will look like Dak is overpaid but three years from now it will look like a bargain.

Is Lawrence the 3rd best defensive player in the NFL? Not a chance. I don't hear the trolls griping.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Is Lawrence the 3rd best defensive player in the NFL? Not a chance. I don't hear the trolls griping.
I wonder if it would be wise if he wants that much to let him play out his rookie contract in case of injury. Next year 34 will be the going rate. Or maybe sign him mid season if all is well.

He is going to be better this year because his team around him is looking better. He is gonna get the money anyways.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Yep, my Dak thread. I am sure there isn’t but a few.

So what is it that you want from the FO. Honestly, we are for the most part all Cowboys fans on here and some obviously like Dak and some obviously hate Dak. But one thing we share is we want to win.

Either way the FO is convinced he is to be our franchise QB and are going to pay him and he will get market price which is 30-32 million an year. Judging from what Wilson and now wentz got. He don’t have the experience Wilson has or the ring. So I can’t see him getting that money. And wentz has a ring but he didn’t win the SB he was on the team at the time.

So what do you want, our FO to let him play out his contract and maybe use the tag on him if he gets better, then maybe sign him.

Cut him or trade him and tank a season to get a high draft pick or blow a draft up to trade up to get a high pick QB that you never know if they are gonna pan out.

Everyone saying 25 million a year is all they would pay is a nice thought but he won’t settle for that. Would you if you were him.

You can bet there is trade value there. And if we released him do you think a team wouldn’t grab him up and pay him.

Can’t wait to hear the responses. It’s the offseason so yeah.
25 mil a year is the new rate for the journey man QB that could be used as a stop gap for a recently drafted QB. Dak will get between 32-35 mil and based on what Wince got that is what Dak deserves if you are comparing resumes. The market dictates all.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I wonder if it would be wise if he wants that much to let him play out his rookie contract in case of injury. Next year 34 will be the going rate. Or maybe sign him mid season if all is well.

He is going to be better this year because his team around him is looking better. He is gonna get the money anyways.

He's going to be better because:

-Another year of experience playing the position
-Comfort in the scheme
-Another offseason with the receivers, familiarity
-Better coaching and a better scheme
-The scheme more geared towards his abilities
-Confidence in what he does and his coaches
-The fact that he is a hard worker and wants to be the best
-Has completely taken over leadership of this team
-Oline is healthy again and deep
-has better pass catchers around him

There is no question with management that Dak is the franchise. Obvious to them and many fans. With that in mind you need to pay him now or price is ONLY going up. IF that wasn't obvious before then it should be more than obvious after the Wentz contract.

All indications are that this offense is going to have a great year. I wouldn't wait.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
25 mil a year is the new rate for the journey man QB that could be used as a stop gap for a recently drafted QB. Dak will get between 32-35 mil and based on what Wince got that is what Dak deserves if you are comparing resumes. The market dictates all.

I agree, but just because another team overpays for a guy, doesn't mean the market has changed. I know the agents will feel that is has.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
I agree, but just because another team overpays for a guy, doesn't mean the market has changed. I know the agents will feel that is has.
Yes it does. The Vikings over paid for Kurt Cousins at 28 mil a year guaranteed for 3 years and all other contracts for QBs since then went up. Market changed.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Yes it does. The Vikings over paid for Kurt Cousins at 28 mil a year guaranteed for 3 years and all other contracts for QBs since then went up. Market changed.

Most of the time it does, I agree.

Scotman

Reaction score
If I sign him now, I get a discount....because I don't have to. Even at a "discount" it's life-altering money. All the real risk is on Dak for waiting. Sure, Dak could blow up and he's worth a ton more. But it's not like the Cowboys lose in that situation. They win that way, too. Waiting is a monster risk for Dak, though. He's one play away from never playing again, like every player in the NFL.

If I'm Dak, I take a smaller deal now with decent guarantees and I sell it to sponsors that I'm a team guy and winning is more important than money.