What exactly does Garrett do?

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
:lmao2:OMG!!!! I'm literally crying OUTLOUD. You're crazy you know that?! Enough.

Back to the OP's topic:
WHAT EXACTLY DOES PUTTY GARRETT DO?
:lmao:

I1bXaXu.jpg

Wish I could like that pic 10 times.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
We will have to wait and see about Moore. But what we know is that Garrett wanted the status quo with Linehan. Then when Jones fired him Garrett wanted play calling duties back and was again kicked to the curb.

At least Garrett wont be calling plays. And it appears his boring scheme will bore some changes. Ones Garrett was incapable of making himself.

Honestly, to need a raw, 1st year QB coach to come in and show you how to do your job is really pathetic. But I at least applaud Jerry for forcing the change.
You've obviously bought all the gossip going around hook, line, and sinker. Way to be as gullible as a housewive's club housewife engaging in swapping all the latest gossip. :rolleyes: Pathetic.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You've obviously bought all the gossip going around hook, line, and sinker. Way to be as gullible as a housewive's club housewife engaging in swapping all the latest gossip. :rolleyes: Pathetic.
Jones said all this out of his own mouth. Common knowledge

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I don’t recall Jones saying Garrett wanted play calling duties back, I just recall him saying at one point that Garrett calling plays was a consideration. Even then, and I could be recalling this wrong, I believe he only said that before Moore was announced as OC.

I don’t really know we can be sure Garrett favored keeping Linehan either. One can assume Garrett probably did given his interview where he said he didn’t anticipate major changes in the coaching staff, but its at least possible he said that based on an assumption Jerry didn’t want a change.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
No, Jones did not say he defied Garrett's wishes to keep Linehan and then slap him again by refusing him the play calling duties. In fact, he did not share anything of his one on one words with Garrett. All you have done is piece together media reports of past statements by Garrett and Jones and represented it as the current state of affairs with the Cowboys. It's very apparent that since that time, the Cowboys FO has had communication and are all on the same page. You are the resident "Gossip Girl" spinning everything to suit your anti-Garrett agenda. It's very tiresome to see you continuously spin what is happening with the Cowboys but someone has to stand up to your BS so I will gladly do it.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I don’t recall Jones saying Garrett wanted play calling duties back, I just recall him saying at one point that Garrett calling plays was a consideration. Even then, and I could be recalling this wrong, I believe he only said that before Moore was announced as OC.

I don’t really know we can be sure Garrett favored keeping Linehan either. One can assume Garrett probably did given his interview where he said he didn’t anticipate major changes in the coaching staff, but its at least possible he said that based on an assumption Jerry didn’t want a change.

Listen pal, if you think Garrett is a good coach then by all means have at it. You , Idgit, and I think one other guy left in the world agree with you. Two years ago you could maybe find 30-40% of the board still defending Garrett. Now there is no one. I really dont have to cut up Garrett so much because everyone else does it for me.

Garrett is HORRID and EVERYONE knows it. Every 6 months or so a take posters off my Ignore feature to give them another chance or see if they have changed at all. Its pretty clear why I had you on there. The reminder of your laughable defense of the horrid Garrett.

Thanks for reminding me, I'll put you back on there again.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Listen pal, if you think Garrett is a good coach then by all means have at it. You , Idgit, and I think one other guy left in the world agree with you. Two years ago you could maybe find 30-40% of the board still defending Garrett. Now there is no one. I really dont have to cut up Garrett so much because everyone else does it for me.

Garrett is HORRID and EVERYONE knows it. Every 6 months or so a take posters off my Ignore feature to give them another chance or see if they have changed at all. Its pretty clear why I had you on there. The reminder of your laughable defense of the horrid Garrett.

This is a ridiculous response because it has nothing to do with what I wrote. It’s just emotional lashing out without regard for relevance or logic.

Accurately reflecting what Jerry Jones said does not equate to saying Garrett is a good coach.

And, in fact, I don’t think he is, and I’ve said many times the last 2 off seasons that I think he should be replaced. But believing that isn’t an excuse for posting inaccurate comments.

There is no need for silly emotion or twisting facts. Garrett’s inability to accomplish what he was hired to do is all the reason needed to believe he should be fired. There is no need to fabricate other reasons to justify that belief,

Last edited:

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Listen pal, if you think Every 6 months or so a take posters off my Ignore feature to give them another chance or see if they have changed at all. Its pretty clear why I had you on there. The reminder of your laughable defense of the horrid Garrett.

Before long, no one wil see his posts. :lmao:

Last edited:

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Before long, no one wil see his posts. :lmao:
Only those who respond to me by talking about things that have nothing to do with what I wrote and people who think making things up qualifies as an argument.

I can live with that. Feel free to join him.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I do not want to be any party to this... aw, dangit!

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We are at 13 pages of this thread and still no one can tell us what Garrett does here besides clap, talk to the media, and oversee the schedule for the team.

Can you tell us what he isn’t doing that he should be doing?

Nobody is telling you because nobody is taking you seriously. Many of us want Garrett replaced because of his lack of results, but we understand he works with the team, works with and gives direction to the coaches, watches game films, gives input on the kind of game plans he wants to see, and gives approval to the game plans, and oversees the overall on the field and n the practice field part of the team, just like other coaches. We also know that because he works for Jerry he has less authority than a lot of coaches with regard to acquisitions and the draft.

The reality is that not having success doesn’t mean he isn’t working at the job and overseeing and directing what the team does, it just means he isn’t doing it as well as someone else might.