What free agent WR can we get next year?

DeepBleu

Reaction score
we will definitely sign or trade for a big name receiver this offseason, if nothing else, just to be more like new england. their defense is not that good, but their offense is awesome because no team have enough cornerbacks to cover all of them.

we can score on them, but i really don't know if we can win a shootout with them. if we want to make the next step up, then we gotta better our receiving crop. simply resigning patrick crayton and hoping the young guys to get better are not good enough.

calico

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;1764376 said:
I wouldn't mind seeing Roy come back to Texas. That would be sweet.

Love to see The Legend in a Cowboys uni. Im still upset at hearing how disappointed he was when he could not be a dallas cowboy on draft day.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Nors;1764996 said:
overrated and overpaid - Pass

Yeah, he "only" has 230 catches in 52 games played (an average of over 70 catches per 16 games played), for 3427 yards (an average of almost 1055 yards per 16 games played), and 28 TDs (8-9 TDs per 16 games played)...

This year, he's on pace for 87 catches, for just under 1100 yards (1090, to be exact), and 9 TDs...

So much for the "overrated" assertion, now can you tell us what his salary cap hit is?? I mean, since you claim he's "overpaid", surely you can at least tell us how much he makes...

From time to time, you make yourself look real stupid with these flip, off the cuff observations that bear no relation to REALITY...

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
silverbear;1765334 said:
Yeah, he "only" has 230 catches in 52 games played (an average of over 70 catches per 16 games played), for 3427 yards (an average of almost 1055 yards per 16 games played), and 28 TDs (8-9 TDs per 16 games played)...

This year, he's on pace for 87 catches, for just under 1100 yards (1090, to be exact), and 9 TDs...

So much for the "overrated" assertion, now can you tell us what his salary cap hit is?? I mean, since you claim he's "overpaid", surely you can at least tell us how much he makes...

From time to time, you make yourself look real stupid with these flip, off the cuff observations that bear no relation to REALITY...

If by "From time to time" you mean "24/7" then I'd agree with that.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Larry Fitzerald wants out of Zona - he is number ONE on my list. Ahead of McFAdden.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
big dog cowboy;1765379 said:
:pray:

That would really be nice.

That should be a HUGE priority for JJ given the age of our WR's. If TO went down, we'd be f@$#@d.

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
I would like to see Randy Moss taking his first lost against the Cowboys in the superbowl and signing with them to team up with Owens and Romo as his quarterback....

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
DeepBleu;1765313 said:
we will definitely sign or trade for a big name receiver this offseason, if nothing else, just to be more like new england. their defense is not that good, but their offense is awesome because no team have enough cornerbacks to cover all of them.

we can score on them, but i really don't know if we can win a shootout with them. if we want to make the next step up, then we gotta better our receiving crop. simply resigning patrick crayton and hoping the young guys to get better are not good enough.

yes, because scoring 30+ pts a game and having the leagues 2nd best offense is clearly proof of having a troubled offense

:rolleyes:

David

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Sarge;1765363 said:
Larry Fitzerald wants out of Zona - he is number ONE on my list. Ahead of McFAdden.

not mine

I like Fitzgerald...nice player

but McFadden is an all world talent at RB and a game breaker...Fitzgerald is not a game breaker

David

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
BAT;1765265 said:
Moss is in the running for league MVP right now. If this is what past their prime players perform like, then lets get a half dozen more of them, in addition to Moss.

we'll see I guess...but I'll be glad to bet you right now he doesnt sniff the league MVP award

David

jem88

Reaction score
The guy I'd love to have opposite T.O. is Moss: Santana Moss. I know it won't happen, but he'd be a perfect replacement for Glenn.

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
JIMMYBUFFETT;1764354 said:
Owens , Glenn , Crayton , Hurd , and draft pick . I just don't see the need .
I used to think Hurd had lot to offer but he has been disappointing this year. He had an opportunity to shine as a starter when Crayton got hurt but he didn't do much in that game. So, I'm not so sure if he is worth keeping next year.

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
jem88;1816922 said:
The guy I'd love to have opposite T.O. is Moss: Santana Moss. I know it won't happen, but he'd be a perfect replacement for Glenn.
No, no Santana Moss please. He is very inconsistant, does not play up to his abilities, I would hate to see him in Dallas.

conner01

Reaction score
seems to me the f.a. wr we need the most is the one we have right now. seems like we've done pretty good with him this season. draft a young stud and develope him. you can't buy everything you want, sometime you have to develope your players

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
conner01;1816986 said:
seems to me the f.a. wr we need the most is the one we have right now. seems like we've done pretty good with him this season. draft a young stud and develope him. you can't buy everything you want, sometime you have to develope your players

Then why draft a "young stud"?

Don't we already have some of our own players we can develop?

IMO Austin has shown something and he has about as much potential as anyone we could get in the draft. Not many 6'3", 220lb WRs with his kind of speed in the draft. And he's already got two years of development into him.

Sam Hurd has been solid. I don't think he could be a good #1 but he could be a solid #2. Crayton is a pretty solid #2. And we still don't know how good Stanback will be.

IMO, we're pretty good at WR right now, and that's including guys for the future.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
From a pure talent perspective, I would like to see us draft a WR on day one and resign Crayton.

Owens, Glenn, Crayton, Drafted WR, Stanback, Austin (makes it over Hurd bec. of Austin's return abilities)

In actuality, we could probably cut Glenn after this year. I know, I know, its not going to be a popular idea. But let me explain. We are already an elite offense with an elite passing game WITHOUT Glenn. We haven't had Glenn yet this year.... we could take the same WR core we have now (that is to say, the ones actually playing; Owens, Crayton, Hurd, Austin, Stanback) and choose to add a Day One pick to the mix. Essentially, we'd be replacing an inactive Glenn for a high day one pick, which is actually an addition.

By doing so, we'd save the money on Glenn and perhaps use it to resign Flozell.

Just a thought.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I think Glenn will be gone next year and the FA WR I would sign is Patrick Crayton. I think looking to the draft at WR would be the right thing to do because he would not be in a position where he would have to start right away.