What free agent WR can we get next year?

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Give me Fitzgerald or Roy Williams...and not necessarily in that order. Oh What the heck...get them both. Then sign a top notch CB and move up to get MCFadden in the draft.

That should make for a pretty good off season.:)

Cowboys&Caps

Reaction score
Resign Crayton 3-5 mil a year

Sign Bernard Berrian!!! 4-5 Mil a year!!!

We would be unstopable (sp?)

Owens, Crayton, Berrian, Austin, Hurd, Stanback WOW thats pretty sweet.

I really think BB is becoming a very solid reciever, alot like Crayton; a mix of possesion and speed.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Does anyone else not want to win a Super Bowl with Randy Moss? It seems like the Pats are the Yankees of this year...I don't want Dallas to be anything like that.

Cowboys&Caps

Reaction score
Future;1817338 said:
Does anyone else not want to win a Super Bowl with Randy Moss? It seems like the Pats are the Yankees of this year...I don't want Dallas to be anything like that.

I don't know how I would feel, i really hated TO for going to Philly, but kinda always thought he would end up in Dallas. That said Moss has always seemed more like a Getto, High all the time ***** version of TO. So I love TO now......Maybe because i love to win!

NO MOSS is my point

BB= Bernard Berrian!!!!

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
CowboyChris;1764693 said:
be nice to get Joey Galloway back, we need a WR who can stretch the field

We do have 2 first round picks this year.

D-TownRadio

Benched
Reaction score
JIMMYBUFFETT;1764354 said:
Owens , Glenn , Crayton , Hurd , and draft pick . I just don't see the need . Don't sweep Stanback under the rug just yet either . A kid coming off an injury and making a position change . Rome wasn't buit in a day .
1. Crayton will be gone.
2. Glenn Will retire.
3. Stanback is no #2, not yet.
4. You don't draft WR's in the 1st.
5. Owens is getting old.
6. Hurd is in no way shape or form a #1 or #2.

I don't think Fitz is a FA but if he is I wouldn't mind having him. I know Roy Williams wants to come home and wouldn't mond grabbing him either.
T.O., Roy Williams, Fitz, Witten and DMac would be a nice 5 wide set.
But then again...
This isn't madden.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;1817184 said:
If I didn't know better, I'd think you might be an Aggie.

;)

I'm a Notre Dame fan, but when it comes to Texas teams I'm a fan of all of them. Mostly whichever one has the best chance to win it all. So if anything I've been more of a UT fan in recent years.

Just cuz I called you on your UT homerism doesn't make me an aggie fan.

jswalker1981

Fact > Your Opinion
Reaction score
I think we should just re-sign Crayton, sign Michael Turner (just as fast as Julius, if not faster, and doesn't go down on arm tackles like JJ). Draft a CB with our first 1st rd pick, trade our 2nd first rd pick for a 2nd this year, and a 1st next year. That would than give us firepower for either Fitz or Roy Williams next year if need be. Also, give Owens an extension. That would give us Owens, Crayton, possibly Glenn, Stanback, Hurd, and Austin next year, and than could be Owens, Crayton, Fitz/Williams, Stanback, Hurd and Austin the following year. I don't think that Glenn lasts longer than next year.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
DawnOfANewD;1817264 said:
What about Bernard Berrian? He's a solid deep threat and is having a nice season as CHI's #1 WR.

J.Jones21;1817320 said:

I really think BB is becoming a very solid reciever, alot like Crayton; a mix of possesion and speed.

smart people here, folks

CowboyChris

Reaction score
Doomsday;1817364 said:
We do have 2 first round picks this year.

that was once upon a time, and it was unfortunate the way it worked out, joey was worth the gamble at the time, it just didnt payoff, he is still a great wr imo. and i wouldve never have traded him for keyshawn, knowing the bucs were gonna cut Key.

someone mentioned santana moss, im not sure if he is a free agent, but thats a guy who can get deep and be a gamebreaker.

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;1764398 said:
Where are you guys finding all this cap space?

Turner
Roy Williams
Fitz
Samuels
Namdia (or however you spell his name)
Haynesworth
Moss

:confused:

I perfer Randy Moss....:starspin

MWILL

Fear the Afro
Reaction score
J.Jones21;1817320 said:

I was thinking the same thing about B. Berrian he would be a good choice, so would Fitz.

I know I'm going out on a limb on this one but, what's Steve Smith's contract looking like?

lspain1

Reaction score
This question is very pertinent this season, not only because our "franchise" WR (who'd a thunk it!) is getting older, but the Patriots model of having too many weapons to cover looks so compelling for the Cowboys with Romo at the helm. The Patriots and Cowboys are among the precious few teams that have the QB's and OL's to make this strategy work (the Packers perhaps fit in here as well).

This offseason looks to be a critical time for our team. Jerry & Co. need to make savvy decisions about who stays and who goes to get the best bang for the buck (and this IS a money decision). Are our young WR's good enough to complement TO and make teams pay for double-teaming him? Can they develop further or have they peaked? What about Stanback (this will be a guess based upon what they have seen in practice)?

Nobody doubts Jerry wants to win in his shiny new stadium, so this is a big test for him as well. Has he matured since the Galloway days? Will he select for the long haul or go for the "quick" fix?

We'll see.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
MWILL;1817789 said:
I was thinking the same thing about B. Berrian he would be a good choice, so would Fitz.

I know I'm going out on a limb on this one but, what's Steve Smith's contract looking like?
:welcome: to the board! Enjoy!!!

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
While Fitz would be a great catch, I still like his teammate Bryant Johnson. He is only 26, would come cheap and seems to be steadily improving.

D-TownRadio

Benched
Reaction score
Fitz is a good player and all but I think we need someone big and physical. To take over for T.O. when he is done, and for the time being we can always have two big fast wide outs and one burner.

I don't realy think Turner is a franchise back. We see every year a running back has a great year behind a very good running back and then the next year he is a flop. See Betts/Portis. I think we need a young franchise HB to go along with our young Franchise QB and our soon to be young franchise wide out *cough* Roy Williams *cough*

I know alot of people would like it to be Run DMC. I also know alot of you want a CB in the 1st round. The way I see it we have very few needs on this team.

Jerry said he won't draft D in the first day this year because he feels we are set. Wade said he doesn't feel we need another CB and says Reeves is a good #3 and will make a great #1 one day. Jerry has made hints to drafting McFadden. He says he want's a WOW offence player. and well both our HB's contracts are up this year. I could careless who we have JJ MB3 or DMAC. I think this is a very good team with an amazing OC and he could get it done with any of them or any combo.

I must say this though. Jerry has been very verbal about getting Jason some new toys to work with.

Reaction score
Larry Fitzgerald making the pro bowl unlocked a $5M incentive to be added to his 08-09 base salary. Fitz's salary next season is going to be $14.6M. Next...

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
HurdIsNoTurd;1845955 said:
Larry Fitzgerald making the pro bowl unlocked a $5M incentive to be added to his 08-09 base salary. Fitz's salary next season is going to be $14.6M. Next...
Crikey.

Unless there's an error on the NFLPA website, his 2009 base salary is $17,355,000. In other words, he won't be a Cardinal in 2008. Or, he'll be a Cardinal but with a very different contract.