What happened after the fake punt?

J_Allen

Reaction score
I believe they wanted to go no-huddle and keep the punting unit out there but a player ran out on the field to celebrate and that allowed SF to substitute their regular defense back out there. The Cowboys realized that and then knew they were screwed with their punting unit out on the field vs. the 49ers D so they had to run out the offense. I think Kearse was the player who was on the field - if you watch at 0:14 Kearse is running back to the sideline

This is the most poorly coached team I have ever seen in my life. I think we're even worse than Campo's three teams as far as discipline.

exciter

Reaction score
What happened after the fake punt?
I still can’t figure out why the punter and special teams were still on the field after we got the first down?
Just dumb, no other way to describe it! At some point you gotta realize you’re not near as clever as you think!

MarcusRock

Reaction score
I believe they wanted to go no-huddle and keep the punting unit out there but a player ran out on the field to celebrate and that allowed SF to substitute their regular defense back out there. The Cowboys realized that and then knew they were screwed with their punting unit out on the field vs. the 49ers D so they had to run out the offense. I think Kearse was the player who was on the field - if you watch at 0:14 Kearse is running back to the sideline

There was plenty of time after Kearse ran off the field. The play clock at that point was 0:35 and ran all the way down to 0:10, then it RESETS to 0:25. Cowboys decide to run the offense out there at 0:20 after the reset. So they had a full 0:30 to figure out what to do and still couldn't get it right.