What happened on the TJ TD?

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
on the TJ td. I think Scandrick was trying to line up on him however someone told him to move somewhere or something and TJ ends up being left alone in the middle of the field by his self anybody know what the deal on that play was?

superpunk

Reaction score
They flooded the zones and noone covered Housh and the pass rush didn't get there - twice.

That's pretty much it.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
superpunk;2312530 said:
They flooded the zones and noone covered Housh and the pass rush didn't get there - twice.

That's pretty much it.

Oh I see just a busted coverage any idea who moved Scandrick to a different position ?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2312509 said:
on the TJ td. I think Scandrick was trying to line up on him however someone told him to move somewhere or something and TJ ends up being left alone in the middle of the field by his self anybody know what the deal on that play was?

Cinn ran the same play twice running trips to one side and Dallas was in zone coverage and 3 defenders followed the 2 WR to one side of the field leaving TJ all along as he came across the middle.

sad_otter

Reaction score
The secondary on that side of the field was confused before the snap (pointing out assignments, shuffling around, etc). It obviously carried over to the play and nobody went with TJ when he came across the field.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
Houshmandzadeh scored two touchdowns. Which one are you asking about?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
AdamJT13;2312868 said:
Houshmandzadeh scored two touchdowns. Which one are you asking about?

It does not matter since they ran the same play on both. Trips to the left and Dallas zone failed to go with him both times as the defenders all went with the 2 WR running the out routs while TJ ran the inside rout

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
I don't think I've seen a single person mention that we did at times have Mike Jenkins, Orlando Scandrick, and Keith Davis in the game at the same time.

No wonder our defense didn't look like the 85 Bears.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2312873 said:
I don't think I've seen a single person mention that we did at times have Mike Jenkins, Orlando Scandrick, and Keith Davis in the game at the same time.

Maybe so but I wanted to hug Davis for the play he made on the 2 point conversion.

That was a thing of beauty!!!!!

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2312873 said:

I've mentioned several times that on one of those TDs, presnap we had Scandrick and Jenkins lined up over there. I couldn't see Davis from the angle, but as soon as I saw the two rookies, I thought, "Oh ****."

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Doomsday101;2312872 said:
It does not matter since they ran the same play on both. Trips to the left and Dallas zone failed to go with him both times as the defenders all went with the 2 WR running the out routs while TJ ran the inside rout

No, they didn't.

Same formation doesn't mean same play.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Rack;2312920 said:
No, they didn't.

Same formation doesn't mean same play.

They ran trips left 2 WR running outs and TJ running across the middle wide open aginst a Dallas zone coverage. It was the same play

juck

Reaction score
Two starters are out in our secondary thats the problem.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Doomsday101;2313061 said:
They ran trips left 2 WR running outs and TJ running across the middle wide open aginst a Dallas zone coverage. It was the same play

He ran across the middle on the second play, not the first one.

Unless I'm remembering wrong (I don't think I am).