What happened to the Miami Dolphins?

KB1122

Reaction score
This is a sort of macro, long curve of history kind of question for fans who are ..... older.

I grew up in the Seventies and Eighties. In that period, the Dolphins were definitely one of the NFL glamour teams. The Perfect Season. Championships. Legendary coach. Superstar quarterback. Exciting city.

It would be interesting to see who were the most popular teams in that era. But I would guess the Cowboys, the Steelers, the Raiders, and the Dolphins (maybe the Packers and obviously the 49ers in the eighties).

I'm not sure they're in the top 20 right now.

What happened?

Batman1980

Reaction score
Comes down to bad ownership.

BjGFR3g.jpg

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
This is a sort of macro, long curve of history kind of question for fans who are ..... older.

I grew up in the Seventies and Eighties. In that period, the Dolphins were definitely one of the NFL glamour teams. The Perfect Season. Championships. Legendary coach. Superstar quarterback. Exciting city.

It would be interesting to see who were the most popular teams in that era. But I would guess the Cowboys, the Steelers, the Raiders, and the Dolphins (maybe the Packers and obviously the 49ers in the eighties).

I'm not sure they're in the top 20 right now.

What happened?

They would,'t be in the 20 in college ranking either

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
what they are doing is wrong,you can tank for a QB but giving away good players is outright lunacy.who in their right mind will give away a franchise left tackle,the 2nd most important player on the team?

Didn't they get 2 firsts for him? That's a good deal for an overrated LT. I'm more confused about why they got Josh Rosen. I thought they were hoping he could be their franchise QB. Why even bother getting him if you're just gonna tank for a QB?

reddyuta

Reaction score
Didn't they get 2 firsts for him? That's a good deal for an overrated LT. I'm more confused about why they got Josh Rosen. I thought they were hoping he could be their franchise QB. Why even bother getting him if you're just gonna tank for a QB?

disagree,Tunsil is not overrated.there is no guarantee they will be able to draft a LT as good as him ,they lucked into him too.

Hailmary

Reaction score
There are many reasons why, but it couldn't have helped that they're in the same division with the mini dynasty that was the Buffalo Bills during the 90's and the juggernaut that was and is the Patriots of the 2000's. Not that they were consistently awful during that period, but if a team is ultimately judged by playoff appearances, Buffalo and NE definitely didn't help.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
I don't know, but it's been a long time since I knew the Cowboys were, without a single moment of doubt, going to walk all over a team. And next Sunday, they will. The Dolphins don't want to win.

stiletto

Reaction score
Who cares...? All I care about is not 1 starting caliber Cowboys player gets injured in that game. All that matters. The W is not even in question. If it is, our coaches are even more moronic than we ever thought.