What happens if (or when) Moore and Garrett don't see eye to eye

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Your efforts to thwart the truth and paint a different picture has failed miserably in this thread. No one is buying it.

Garrett said "there will be no big changes in the coaching staff this year" and you say it never happened.

Ill throw you a bone and give you the last word. Enjoy

*snoring*

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I never suggested he had autonomy.

I said he was involved with the decision to replace his own OC and that he knew it was happening in advance. Earth-shattering stuff, I know.
Wow.

I guess this is how Custer thought.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wow.

I guess this is how Custer thought.

I don’t know what sort of sick burn that was supposed to be, either, but I’m ok with that.

Maybe the Linehan story will come out at some point and we’ll all know who’s right and who’s just got an agenda.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
no he wont, he wont say anything about kellen unless asked, and then it will be a prepared garrett statement.
Kellen is a threat to JG as HC, he isnt going to speak about him unless he is forced to.
it will be "we" not "kellen"
We all shall "see" which way it goes down & which particular demeanor being portrayed by Coach Garrett then.

GhostOfPelluer

Reaction score
Its obvious why. And the retraction 5 hours later, and Jones smack down of Garrett confirms it.

Now there is no doubt that certain Garrett apologists don't want to believe that their hero is a puppet with ever dwindling control and say.

One could also wildly speculate that Jerry and Stephen hadn't even decided to keep Garrett has HC. But again, there is little evidence to support that.
Everything you’ve offered is speculation. You know nothing of what happened or happens behind the scenes. Just your little charade based off a few sound bites. To pretend that all decisions are made so publicly is the height of naivety

Cowfan75

Reaction score
As the season progresses and it gets to a point that Moore and Garrett don't see eye to eye on the plays or game plan in general? Will Moore have the say so on game and halftime adjustments or will Garrett try to retain that power?

Garrett has never had any power, fitting because he's a fake coach. But now I believe even his mastery at being a great puppet won't save him, because Moore looks to be the heir apparent whether he deserves it or not.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Remember that time we were playing Arizona and basically had the game won with a good field goal but then Garrett iced his own kicker and a good kick was nullified and the re-kick was no good? These are the bonehead thinks that Garrett does that should have gotten him fired long ago. Kellen Moore will have to grow thick skin if he is going to work with and for Garrett. For a "smart guy" from Princeton, Garrett can be pretty dumb sometimes.

_sturt_

Reaction score
....Jerry, Stephen and Jason ALL said at SOME point in that three week interim words to the effect that the 2019 offense will be a group effort, what with the people in the offensive room who were already there... Nussmeier, Columbo, and Kitna were all specified as having input.

Moore, then, is the coordinator in the actual sense of the term. He is not going to function as the offensive "director," like Linehan did, and in whom Jason had confidence because they had always worked well together.

Ultimately, it ALL is Garrett's offense. Succeed or fail, Garrett will be responsible. Moore will heavily coached up by Garrett as to what can go in the playbook, and what plays can be called when.

Mere speculation? No. Well-informed, only-reasonable speculation.

Like I said.... (... yes, multiple times now...)

And pay good attention, too, to the second question pertaining to expectations for differences between this year's offense and previous years... and recognize, when Garrett says "you," there is no one else on the staff who has responsibility for, what he references at the end as, "all phases of the team," except he himself... so, he's speaking in second person, but/and he can only be actually speaking about himself everytime you hear the word "you"... meaning.... he's the one who is doing all those things he describes in answering that question.

(Bookmarking this post.... sure the URL is going to come in handy in several threads between now and the season, if not all through the season.)

Last edited:

_sturt_

Reaction score
As the season progresses and it gets to a point that Moore and Garrett don't see eye to eye on the plays or game plan in general? Will Moore have the say so on game and halftime adjustments or will Garrett try to retain that power?

Hopefully Garrett effectively answered your question today (clip above).

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
It needs to be understood, these OTAs, mini-camp and training camp, Kellen Moore will be a student driver behind the wheel of a new car when it comes to calling plays. He will get much better through experience so don't be so hard on him during the preseason games. By the time the regular season gets here, he should be a fully licensed driver behind the wheel. Until then Garrett is overseeing this thing and making sure Kellen stays on the road.

_sturt_

Reaction score
It needs to be understood, these OTAs, mini-camp and training camp, Kellen Moore will be a student driver behind the wheel of a new car when it comes to calling plays. He will get much better through experience so don't be so hard on him during the preseason games. By the time the regular season gets here, he should be a fully licensed driver behind the wheel. Until then Garrett is overseeing this thing and making sure Kellen stays on the road.

So, to your mind, everything Garrett said should be taken as "This is all just temporary."

I heard no such thing, but maybe you could point out what I missed.

They didn't just change OCs. They overhauled the system. It's not news--they've essentially said that since Linehan was let go. But with these words, Garrett makes it more concrete. And it is implicit in how Garrett talks about it that this will be the system for 2019 at minimum.

(And, of course, it's not like that doesn't make ridiculously common sense, given the consequences to Garrett if the offense fails to perform.)

To your analogy, even assuming some day Garrett returns to the former system, Moore is on training wheels learning to ride a bike... in the journey to earning his CDL and drive a Mack truck. It'll be years before Garrett gives to Moore the trust he gave to Linehan.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
So, to your mind, everything Garrett said should be taken as "This is all just temporary."

I heard no such thing, but maybe you could point out what I missed.

They didn't just change OCs. They overhauled the system. It's not news--they've essentially said that since Linehan was let go. But with these words, Garrett makes it more concrete. And it is implicit in how Garrett talks about it that this will be the system for 2019 at minimum.

(And, of course, it's not like that doesn't make ridiculously common sense, given the consequences to Garrett if the offense fails to perform.)

To your analogy, even assuming some day Garrett returns to the former system, Moore is on training wheels learning to ride a bike... in the journey to earning his CDL and drive a Mack truck. It'll be years before Garrett gives to Moore the trust he gave to Linehan.
LOL What are you babbling about? Nothing I said correlates with your response. Kellen Moore is learning what this offense can do every day. He throws something new at them each day they practice. These are just the facts as reported by the players. Dak just reported today that they ran a series of plays from one end of the field to the other unscripted to score a TD against the defense and that has become common practice.

_sturt_

Reaction score
LOL What are you babbling about? Nothing I said correlates with your response.

In nicer words, I essentially was saying the same about your comments that followed mine... Not that you seem to realize that.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Garrett will be fired.......hell Jerry has damn near said so himself. Well not exact words but he's made it clear to Moore that anyone gets in the way of him implementing his offense, come see him.

I hope you're right about that. That's the only way Moore will be able to show what he can do.

_sturt_

Reaction score
So many so defiant to acknowledge Moore's true status by virtue of and reaffirmation of what Garrett just told you (above).

_sturt_

Reaction score
Wait. Maybe I screwed up. You mean post 191 comes before post 190? And before post 189? Evidently, I've been taught all wrong.

Or maybe not. Maybe there's a more intelligent explanation. Maybe it's 189, then 190, then 191 and so on.

renny

Reaction score
JG is the HC he has final say if he don’t like what they are running he will tell Moore to change it. JG is Moore’s boss and does what JG wants just like most people do what their bosses say
I don't know, apparently he let Linehan do or call whatever he wanted.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
who’s just got an agenda
I guess one day this board-adopted mantra from long ago will just die out because it is just useless to discussion.

It used to work back in the day but now, very few seem to invoke the phrase.

Everyone has an agenda when they take a position to actually execute the plan.

This just in. You have an agenda. You want people to believe Garrett is supremely competent. You have it in your sig line, you use it like a battle cry.

When you state someone else has an "agenda" that just means you don't like what they are saying and are trying to declare it as a pejorative.

It seemed like it worked better a few years ago.

Now, not so much.