What happens if our WRs cannot separate?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
If the coaches remain predictable then WR's won't get separation. Bottom line.

Teams knowing what we do because of formation, down, and distance has to stop.

Big D

Reaction score
What if they can?
Gallup.gif

ondaedg

Reaction score
What if they can?
Gallup.gif

I would love to say he just separated from the guy with pure talent and speed. But the db made a huge mental mistake and turned and slowed. This won't happen often during the regular season which is why you got to scheme these guys open.

lukin2006

Reaction score
That TD pass Gallup caught against San Fran. It look like he put on a little burst at the end to get the separation and get under the ball. I understand the CB was having trouble. But maybe Gallups speed forced the CB into poor positioning. I did not like our receiving group last season ... lets see what this group can do...

NotForLong

Reaction score
Romo and Dez had a thang. He could throw it in the spot for Dez to be the only one to get it. And they had a back shoulder pass down.

Dak isn’t that guy or not that guy yet. He wants a WR to be open. Don’t know if that’s gonna be his style or if he hasn’t progressed that far yet. Hard to tell how high his ceiling is. This year should be a good indication.

I believe theres a great misconception on Dez, and I believe it has been warped by an apparent agenda.

Dez Bryant's greatest strength and unique talent is this:

Even when he is covered he is open, but of course that comes with an asterisk you cant throw it just any where.

In the time that Dak and Dez played together, Dak was the reason Dez. Numbers declined.
Because Daks inability to consistently throw an accurate pass to the sweet spot for a WR whose catch radius is undefendable.( any QB worth his salt would have took advantage. But accuracy is not one of Daks strengths)

Now say what you will but this is the truth.

Dak continuously under throws, over throws, and throws behind WRs.

His overwhelming strength is his ability to run out of the pocket. Period ( oh yeah hes a leader and all of that:flagwave:)

Now the story line becomes
1.Dez cant get separation and doesnt run crisp routes. ( debunked by Akoye Media).
2. Dak was forced to force it to Dezo_O
Really its Dez how could that possibly a negative ( Dak couldnt accurately throw to a WR who is always open)
3. There was a reason Beasley led the team in receiving and Witten had a resurgance in his careers in 2016.
Dak was running and checking down
4. Dak had people believing that his amazing rookie season proved that was an amazing QB prodigy. When in reality. He is a product of the great running team that he happens to be the QB for. He kept plays alive with his legs and dumped passes off to the speedy little WR and the willy Veteran who would sit in the open area of a defense waiting for Dak to run out of trouble.

Dez became the escape goat for all Daks deficiencies. But those deficiencies are real.

Dez tried to address it by putting the onus on the coaching staff to get creative in getting the Wrs open. I believe he said the offense was too Vanilla. And he was ostracized for it.

To answer the OP question. The Wr will get separation. Its when Dak releases the Ball is when we will have to hold our breath. But if and when it all comes together for the kid then this team will soar to new heights. Everything's in place.

I'll take the pass to Gallup as an indication to the progress Dak is making. He threw the WR open. Without hesitation :). Me likey.

And in addition to that. I believe Gallup caused the CB to "lose it in the sun" with his slight head fake and the way he used his eyes. The CB was staring at Gallup and believed the ball was coming at them and not 5 yds down the field. ( grab Gallup in Fantasy)

glimmerman

Reaction score
I believe theres a great misconception on Dez, and I believe it has been warped by an apparent agenda.

Even when he is covered he is open, but of course that comes with an asterisk you cant throw it just any where.

In the time that Dak and Dez played together, Dak was the reason Dez. Numbers declined.
Because Daks inability to consistently throw an accurate pass to the sweet spot for a WR whose catch radius is undefendable.( any QB worth his salt would have took advantage. But accuracy is not one of Daks strengths)

His overwhelming strength is his ability to run out of the pocket. Period ( oh yeah hes a leader and all of that:flagwave:)

1.Dez cant get separation and doesnt run crisp routes. ( debunked by Akoye Media).
Really its Dez how could that possibly a negative ( Dak couldnt accurately throw to a WR who is always open)
3. There was a reason Beasley led the team in receiving and Witten had a resurgance in his careers in 2016.
4. Dak had people believing that his amazing rookie season proved that was an amazing QB prodigy. When in reality. He is a product of the great running team that he happens to be the QB for. He kept plays alive with his legs and dumped passes off to the speedy little WR and the willy Veteran who would sit in the open area of a defense waiting for Dak to run out of trouble.

Dez became the escape goat for all Daks deficiencies. But those deficiencies are real.

Dez tried to address it by putting the onus on the coaching staff to get creative in getting the Wrs open. I believe he said the offense was too Vanilla. And he was ostracized for it.

To answer the OP question. The Wr will get separation. Its when Dak releases the Ball is when we will have to hold our breath. But if and when it all comes together for the kid then this team will soar to new heights. Everything's in place.

I'll take the pass to Gallup as an indication to the progress Dak is making. He threw the WR open. Without hesitation :). Me likey.

And in addition to that. I believe Gallup caused the CB to "lose it in the sun" with his slight head fake and the way he used his eyes. The CB was staring at Gallup and believed the ball was coming at them and not 5 yds down the field. ( grab Gallup in Fantasy)

I believe pretty much everything you posted. And you cannot deny what the videos show. And what Dez said in his twitter rant was true.

It is a vanilla Offense and he was right when he said the staff has had them all lining up in the same spot for years. Sure makes it a lot easier to game plan for when you know in advance what a team is gonna do. It’s JG playbook and its Linehan calling the plays from JG playbook and I don’t think JG changes it in the offseason creating new wrinkles.

Dak had a great rookie year. When he came in preseason you could tell he was a gamer and could play. He benefited from stepping into a Offense that was really set up nice. Best O-Line and RB. Pro WR and TE. And Romo helping where he could.

I think Dez can get open, but by the time he did I think Daks progressions has taken him out of the choice. He was a rookie and used a lot of check downs, he had to be freaking out a little in his mind and wanting to get the ball out of his hands. The short stuff was open and he took it. The second half of last season it seemed he was trying to force it to Dez. Your down your RB and have some injuries to a great O-Line player, they were added pressures of wanting to make the playoffs and already dropped some games they should have won. So get the ball in your play makers hands. It was only this kids second year.

Accuracy is something he is working on and I think he is improving. The long ball they are working on.

It was a sweet pass to Gallop. People are picking it apart and yeah maybe it could have been a yard further in front of him but still a nice play.

It all comes down to Daks ceiling. How good can he get? QB position is probly the hardest to translate to the NFL speed and quality. Everyone lining up on a opposing defense that makes a NFL 53 roster would be a elite college player.

He is gonna be facing stacked boxes again to at least start the season. Until he can beat them they aren’t gonna change. I think he will be improved this year. But it’s gonna take a team and a staff around him to improve. The players I think will be improved. The staff has me scratching my head.

NotForLong

Reaction score
I believe pretty much everything you posted. And you cannot deny what the videos show. And what Dez said in his twitter rant was true.

It is a vanilla Offense and he was right when he said the staff has had them all lining up in the same spot for years. Sure makes it a lot easier to game plan for when you know in advance what a team is gonna do. It’s JG playbook and its Linehan calling the plays from JG playbook and I don’t think JG changes it in the offseason creating new wrinkles.

Dak had a great rookie year. When he came in preseason you could tell he was a gamer and could play. He benefited from stepping into a Offense that was really set up nice. Best O-Line and RB. Pro WR and TE. And Romo helping where he could.

I think Dez can get open, but by the time he did I think Daks progressions has taken him out of the choice. He was a rookie and used a lot of check downs, he had to be freaking out a little in his mind and wanting to get the ball out of his hands. The short stuff was open and he took it. The second half of last season it seemed he was trying to force it to Dez. Your down your RB and have some injuries to a great O-Line player, they were added pressures of wanting to make the playoffs and already dropped some games they should have won. So get the ball in your play makers hands. It was only this kids second year.

Accuracy is something he is working on and I think he is improving. The long ball they are working on.

It was a sweet pass to Gallop. People are picking it apart and yeah maybe it could have been a yard further in front of him but still a nice play.

It all comes down to Daks ceiling. How good can he get? QB position is probly the hardest to translate to the NFL speed and quality. Everyone lining up on a opposing defense that makes a NFL 53 roster would be a elite college player.

He is gonna be facing stacked boxes again to at least start the season. Until he can beat them they aren’t gonna change. I think he will be improved this year. But it’s gonna take a team and a staff around him to improve. The players I think will be improved. The staff has me scratching my head.
I am taking him in fantasy and not looking back. This year is gonna be sweet

glimmerman

Reaction score
I am taking him in fantasy and not looking back. This year is gonna be sweet
I think it’s gonna be a exciting year. Better Defense. Revamped WR and a coach that is teaching the young ones and improving the vets. Fresh O-Line and RB with nothing weighing on his mind. BOOM!!!

kskboys

Reaction score

Funny stuff, declaring stuff as truth when it's not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bigdnlaca

Reaction score
In every team, not every cover guy going to be like Deion Sanders. We have a couple of good route runners and I think Dak will take advantage of mismatches he sees before the snap instead of forcing the ball.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
W
We will punt more on 4th downs nd lose more games...What else is new. Our WR's can't separate and Dak cannot thread a football downfield. Dak is the epitome of the "Check-down Charlie" QB. We should have known, the draftniks predicted it!
What "draftniks"? "Check down Charlie?"

Fans like you regurgitate the latest cliche' football speak, although the 80's and ESPN called.....they want their trademark back.

Payton ****** Manning was the king of coverage reads. Look it up. He wasn't a down field passer. Ever. Not even at Tennessee.

Tom Brady has Edleman and Amendola for a reason.

"Check Down Charlie".......LMAO.

Stop listening to your friends and believing everything you read on this board......... suicide.

Last edited:

LittleD

Reaction score
W

What "draftniks"? "Check down Charlie?"

Fans like you regurgitate the latest cliche' football speak, although the 80's and ESPN called.....they want their trademark back.

Payton ****** Manning was the king of coverage reads. Look it up. He wasn't a down field passer. Ever. Not even at Tennessee.

Tom Brady has Edleman and Amendola for a reason.

"Check Down Charlie".......LMAO.

Stop listening to your friends and believing everything you read on this board......... suicide.

I study game tapes and other video...Maybe you should.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Dak no longer has safety blankets in Witten and back shoulders to Dez. If our smallish WRs cannot separate, how will Dak react? blue white scrimmage was not his best look. Hopefully not a preview of him forcing balls.
Go watch the Denver game from last year and that will tell you what happens when the WRs dont get separation! I dont see that happening though because there is competition at WR these guys are working hard to make the team. Zeke might have a little tougher sledding until these guys prove they need to be respected.

jrumann59

Reaction score
The offense last ear had a lot of problems, lack of YAC, QB throws were not on time, OL issues, RB issues, DEF issues. Dak has to get better throwing down field, "tight window" stat aside, he was bad at getting it to a guy down field, he was bad at getting it to guys short so they could run, a lot of that had to do with pressure, so hopefully he works on his mechanics so that he can throw from different positions comfortably and accurately

Big D

Reaction score
I would love to say he just separated from the guy with pure talent and speed. But the db made a huge mental mistake and turned and slowed. This won't happen often during the regular season which is why you got to scheme these guys open.
Now if we can just force defenders to stop their feet like that all the time we're in business.

Here's what I saw. He ran the route, got open, caught the ball, TD. If he did it once he can do it again.