What happens if our WRs cannot separate?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by NorthwestDallas40, Aug 6, 2018.

1. kskboys

kskboys Well-Known Member

24,171 Messages
    26,364 Likes Received
    Dez is not clearly better than what we got.

2. PAPPYDOG

PAPPYDOG "Dak 666" Zone Supporter

10,084 Messages
    14,923 Likes Received
    After burning this crop of New WR only the guy below is the answer for our DAK ........................I mean it can't be Dak's fault our WR can't separate enough and our offline can't give him at least 10 seconds to finally decide where to throw his next pick 6.......

[​IMG]

khiladi likes this.
  3. erod

erod Well-Known Member

32,162 Messages
    46,783 Likes Received
    Outed? Lol, are there Dak murals of me around town, too? Has an official notice been released? Are the quarterback police preparing a warrant for my football arrest?

Lol

khiladi, Captain-Crash and PAPPYDOG like this.
  4. Furboy

Furboy Well-Known Member

14,824 Messages
    15,651 Likes Received
    How I feel about the NFL season when reading these comments:

5. atlantacowboy

atlantacowboy Well-Known Member

10,285 Messages
    14,054 Likes Received
    If the wrs cannot seperate, they need to go find some tape of Irvin and learn the art of pushing off.

Trouty and Furboy like this.
  6. PAPPYDOG

PAPPYDOG "Dak 666" Zone Supporter

10,084 Messages
    14,923 Likes Received
    You have the right to have a QB that can throw a ACCURATE PASS....you have the right to have a QB who can read downfield in 2-4 seconds instead of 10....you have the right to have a QB who has correct footwork.....you have the right to have a QB who doesn't PANIC when a defender gets close.....you have the right to have a QB that will make our passing game a real threat again and open them lanes up for ZEKE big time.....YES you are under arrest by the DAK-Police who have deprived you and all Cowboy fans of the above rights....:omg:

khiladi likes this.
  7. QuincyCarterEra

QuincyCarterEra Well-Known Member

11,116 Messages
    10,541 Likes Received
    Yes youve been outed.

Next offseason you'll talk about how Dak should make the HOF even if hes only played three seasons lmao.

8. buybuydandavis

buybuydandavis Well-Known Member

16,601 Messages
    14,360 Likes Received
    Brice Butler said Romo was basically installing the offensive game plan each week too. I wonder if he was still doing that in 2016, and the offense had it's problem in 2017 because Romo was not longer there to do that.

Captain-Crash and Furboy like this.
  9. kskboys

24,171 Messages
    26,364 Likes Received
    Romo definitely hid a pile of problems w/ this franchise.

10. Tangle_Foot

Tangle_Foot Well-Known Member

4,582 Messages
    18,596 Likes Received
    I'm thinking how dominant we'll be when they do:flagwave:

11. FLCowboyFan

FLCowboyFan Hoping to be half the man Tom Landry was.

4,862 Messages
    3,473 Likes Received
    On an optimistic note, Joe Montana was the ultimate check-down charlie and it worked out pretty well for him. In the NFL the coaches have to optimize the players they have and put them in the position to succeed. Do that and players excel. Don't and everyone says "he's a bum". The guy has skills, we have to play to them. If he still fails then cut him and bring in another QB from the draft.

Bleedblue1111 and LittleD like this.
  12. gp_cowpolk

gp_cowpolk Landry Hat

5,742 Messages
    9,273 Likes Received
    Maybe they like their wives and don't want to be separated

13. jblaze2004

jblaze2004 Well-Known Member

15,626 Messages
    6,422 Likes Received
    deploy a better scheme which is something garrett and this offensive staff has a trouble doing

14. kskboys

24,171 Messages
    26,364 Likes Received
    He wasn't. Throwing short passes prolifically does not mean you are checking down. Brady, for example.

khiladi likes this.
  15. LittleD

LittleD Well-Known Member

6,354 Messages
    4,709 Likes Received
    That's a fair assessment. Of course, Montana played in an entirely different era. Today, Brady might be a better example. If Zeke plays like 2016 again, then the play action pass game might get us to the playoffs if lucky. Dak is not a bum yet, he's learning and hopefully developing. Results so far this TC have been mixed at best. With the Offensive coaches we have, he has to improve solely on his own though.

16. Captain-Crash

Captain-Crash Well-Known Member

6,814 Messages
    8,292 Likes Received
    What happens if our WRs cannot separate? what if they do and they still don't get the ball? The whole offensive line hurt again? just wondering.

17. starfrombirth

starfrombirth Well-Known Member

4,832 Messages
    1,125 Likes Received
    Beasley has always been able to separate and so has Austin.... so what are you talking about?

kskboys likes this.
  18. Northern_Cowboy

Northern_Cowboy Well-Known Member

3,054 Messages
    3,516 Likes Received
    So if your an oppossing D you would double cover either of those guys? If so i would love for you to be the DC the cowboys face each and every week

19. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

98,116 Messages
    24,757 Likes Received
    The it will not be much different from last season when guys were not getting open. I don't think this will be an issue, Dak just need to go through the progressions of a play and be able to use this athletic ability to buy time when he has too.

20. kskboys

24,171 Messages
    26,364 Likes Received
    Gallup and Ced were both lauded on their ability to separate. Maybe they didn't even really know what it means?