What happens if our WRs cannot separate?

davidariust24

Reaction score
Dak no longer has safety blankets in Witten and back shoulders to Dez. If our smallish WRs cannot separate, how will Dak react? blue white scrimmage was not his best look. Hopefully not a preview of him forcing balls.
These guys will get plenty of separation. It's going to show. The tightends too. The main thing is we are a run team.. teams load the box pretty much every game since 2014 when we had demarco Murray. That is nothing new. We still get plenty of yards. Witten was savvy and dez was just dez. He was great. He still will be where ever he goes. We have younger quicker and faster players now. Once these guys play this preseason it's going to show. Gallup Beasley Lenoir Hurns whenever he returns T-will and Jarwin and Rico are going to showup as long as Dak gets them the ball. I feel he will. Dak should be fine. He's got some weapons now. Once he goes against other teams it should feel easier. To throw that ball. Thursday night will show how open the receivers get

kskboys

Reaction score
These guys will get plenty of separation. It's going to show. The tightends too. The main thing is we are a run team.. teams load the box pretty much every game since 2014 when we had demarco Murray. That is nothing new. We still get plenty of yards. Witten was savvy and dez was just dez. He was great. He still will be where ever he goes. We have younger quicker and faster players now. Once these guys play this preseason it's going to show. Gallup Beasley Lenoir Hurns whenever he returns T-will and Jarwin and Rico are going to showup as long as Dak gets them the ball. I feel he will. Dak should be fine. He's got some weapons now. Once he goes against other teams it should feel easier. To throw that ball. Thursday night will show how open the receivers get
The NFL is screaming at you that they disagree w/ you about Dez!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

khiladi

Reaction score
I don’t think Dez wants to go to the browns. When they started showing interest Dez had his tirade on twitter. Probly did it to throw the browns off him.

He’s the one holding off on the Browns per Ian Rappaport. Romo came out and basically said Dez needs to look for the right situation. I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s advising Dez to be patient as well.

Dez is in no rush and anybody actually familiar with the situation knows it. He got 8 million in dead money for the year. He’s looking for one year and pretty much everybody knew his demands would be hard to fulfill.

It’s basically wait and see. Plus remember how Dallas released him one month into free agency. If they released him outright, the market would have been different.

https://sports.yahoo.com/hasnt-dez-...port-says-might-not-interested-142018837.html

khiladi

Reaction score
The other speculation is even after the signing of Decker, the Patriots just cut Malcom Mitchell yesterday. There WR situation looks like a mess right now, so Dez obviously is playing it smart.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Well if they can't separate it's time to get new WRs. Why would that be Dak's fault?

Dealing with poor WR play has warped our collective expectations on receivers. The tired narrative that Dez is open even when he isn't enabled Dez to fail for most of his career, to do what a receiver is supposed to do--- get open and catch the ball.

Contrary to the old company line---receivers are supposed to get open---make them get open or get rid of them.

Hopefully with Sanjay Lal on the job, receivers getting open will become a more common event, and they'll be where their route says they're supposed to be. ;)

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Then you better hope Elliott runs for 2,500 yards and 20 TDs and the defense is the reincarnation of the 85 Bears.

Exaggerate much?
This team has enough questions without the onus of trying to strive to 85 Bears skill level.
Shame.

starcity214

Reaction score
You forgot to mention Linehan's schemes which would have stalled Jerry Rice's career. Dak will take all the heat and they will have another losing season.

Linehan's schemes had Mathew Stafford throwing for 5000 yards and Megatron going to multiple pro bowls but I guess linehan just forgot how to scheme a good passing game once Dak became his QB..

Heck , even Romo and Dez were top 5 under linehan but I guess linehan just forgot how to coach all of a sudden..

Ever since Dak got here , Our coaches forgot how to coach , all of our WRs forgot how to run routes and get open , and our O line became average at best...

Hmm... What are the odds?

Funny how the 49ers coaches and Receiving corps looked like trash untill Garoppolo got there ..

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Linehan's schemes had Mathew Stafford throwing for 5000 yards and Megatron going to multiple pro bowls but I guess linehan just forgot how to scheme a good passing game once Dak became his QB..

Heck , even Romo and Dez were top 5 under linehan but I guess linehan just forgot how to coach all of a sudden..

Ever since Dak got here , Our coaches forgot how to coach , all of our WRs forgot how to run routes and get open , and our O line became average at best...

Hmm... What are the odds?

Funny how the 49ers coaches and Receiving corps looked like trash untill Garoppolo got there ..

Johnson and Stafford are all world talents. Your arguments are so stupid I will leave it at that.

LittleD

Reaction score
Johnson and Stafford are all world talents. Your arguments are so stupid I will leave it at that.

Linehan works for Jerry and Garrett now. He can't deviate from those 90's Cowboy teams offense now. Defenses know exactly what's coming
these days just like Romo does.

ondaedg

Reaction score
Linehan works for Jerry and Garrett now. He can't deviate from those 90's Cowboy teams offense now. Defenses know exactly what's coming
these days just like Romo does.

I agree with this. It's not clear to me that Linehan is running this offense independent of Garrett or isn't being told to make JG's vanilla offense work. Furthermore Calvin Johnson is a once in 50 years receiver. Hard to give Linehan credit when you have a guy who is 6'5" 240lb that runs a sub 4.40 and has the wingspan of a 6'10" player.

kskboys

Reaction score
The other speculation is even after the signing of Decker, the Patriots just cut Malcom Mitchell yesterday. There WR situation looks like a mess right now, so Dez obviously is playing it smart.
Tom Brady would NOT put up w/ Dez's poor route running and dropped passes.

kskboys

Reaction score
I agree with this. It's not clear to me that Linehan is running this offense independent of Garrett or isn't being told to make JG's vanilla offense work. Furthermore Calvin Johnson is a once in 50 years receiver. Hard to give Linehan credit when you have a guy who is 6'5" 240lb that runs a sub 4.40 and has the wingspan of a 6'10" player.
DET's O plan sucked those years, and was consistently bailed out by throwing it up to Calvin. It's no accident that Stafford became a better QB when Calvin left and he was forced to play QB.

glimmerman

Reaction score
He’s the one holding off on the Browns per Ian Rappaport. Romo came out and basically said Dez needs to look for the right situation. I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s advising Dez to be patient as well.

Dez is in no rush and anybody actually familiar with the situation knows it. He got 8 million in dead money for the year. He’s looking for one year and pretty much everybody knew his demands would be hard to fulfill.

It’s basically wait and see. Plus remember how Dallas released him one month into free agency. If they released him outright, the market would have been different.

https://sports.yahoo.com/hasnt-dez-...port-says-might-not-interested-142018837.html
So he got 8 million to leave.

Billyd

Reaction score
I get a chuckle about those that think when our passing game fails we'll be able to lean heavier on our running game. You know the success of one depends on the other right?

No question, however successful passing games dont have to have the three 40 yard pass completions to be successful..Coz thats the only thing that moves safeties back right? I think there are numerous ways to make teams respect your passing game..

Long grinding drives ending in tds, especially in the first half..You might not complete a pass for more than 20 yards but if the other team can not stop it, and you execute the pass at a high percentage, and you are efficient in the redzone. IT DOESNT MATTER..

Billyd

Reaction score
AND what kind did he recieve last year?