What happens if TO scores?

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
I have posted here a long time, but have no clue how to make a poll.

Anyway, with all the drama this week, what do you think happens if Owens scores a TD? Will be real interesting to see the reactions of guys like Romo and Witten, because if they are high fiving or jumping all over each other, it kinda conflicts with some of those great stories the Ed Werder's of the world reported this week, wont it?

Same thing if Witten scores.

Will be very interesting to see if guys show no emotion and avoid each other or do what they always do, and celebrate together.

:starspin

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
I bet if either Witten or TO scores you won't see the other one with in 50 yards after the play but Romo will still jump on a OL and join in.

Boysboy

Reaction score
dbair1967;2488661 said:

Anyway, with all the drama this week, what do you think happens if Owens scores a TD? Will be real interesting to see the reactions of guys like Romo and Witten, because if they are high fiving or jumping all over each other, it kinda conflicts with some of those great stories the Ed Werder's of the world reported this week, wont it?

Same thing if Witten scores.

Will be very interesting to see if guys show no emotion and avoid each other or do what they always do, and celebrate together.

:starspin

Yep-Romo, Witten, and TO will ALL be under the microscope tonight. Frankly, I'm going to find it nauseating. Instead of enjoying the game, the announcers will come up with dozens of cockamamie speculations and conspiracies over this and that.

Kilyin

Reaction score
dbair1967;2488661 said:

Think you have to have made a donation to post a poll. Otherwise get a mod to do it.

jgboys1

Reaction score
I do not think he will score. Witten and Romo will tackel T.O. before he gets into the endzone.

mmohican29

Reaction score
We score 6pts and are faced with a decision to kick the extra point or go for 2.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
If T.O. scored, Witten will be one of the first to congratulate him and vice versa. Bank on it.

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
If you have noticed. TO never congratulates Witten on a TD catch. I don't know if it is likewise.

Monster Heel

Benched
Reaction score
I'm sure if I thought about it hard enough I could at least think of some moments where Witten congratulated TO. Of the top of my head the Cleveland game where TO did the Usain Bolt celebration Witten came over. He usually joins in with anyone.

timetopass

Reaction score
I post here very little but given what has been happening with TO & Wtten we will probably have an argument now as to who gets the ball first. If it's Witten then TO will say see I proved my point Romo goes to Witten first & I was open. If Owens gets the ball first he will again say see I proved my point ,as in give me the ball I score.
We may still be dealing with all this drama in off season too.
How we truly got into this huge mess & try & figure it all out is a monumental undertaking & we have only touched the surface. If posters myself included & players would not take sides we may have had a shot & oh the media to keep there bias's out of it too. It's a lot to ask for.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Joe Realist;2488689 said:
If you have noticed. TO never congratulates Witten on a TD catch. I don't know if it is likewise.

I've never noticed, and I can't think as far back as last year, but Witten has 3 TD catches, not exactly a lot of opportunity.

stiletto

Reaction score
Monster Heel;2488690 said:
I'm sure if I thought about it hard enough I could at least think of some moments where Witten congratulated TO. Of the top of my head the Cleveland game where TO did the Usain Bolt celebration Witten came over. He usually joins in with anyone.

Witten doesn't seem like the type of guy to disrespect someone like that. I mean, it's almost a pure shock that his name is involved with this at all. At least to me. We all expected TO to nuke the team, he's already done it to two others. He doesn't get the benefit of the doubt. Witten does from me simply because he's not the type of volatile guy that you'd think would cause problems in the locker room. He's the "Anti-Shockey".

I think this whole thing is just Owens being the BIG DPOILED BABY that he his and in the process he's taking a few players with him. He just needs to shut up and play his game to help us win. He loses all credibility when I see him dropping passes and not fighting for the "not quite perfect" passes thrown his way. When it carries over to the field, that's when the player needs to go.

Boysboy

Reaction score
timetopass;2488694 said:
I post here very little but given what has been happening with TO & Wtten we will probably have an argument now as to who gets the ball first. If it's Witten then TO will say see I proved my point Romo goes to Witten first & I was open. If Owens gets the ball first he will again say see I proved my point ,as in give me the ball I score.
We may still be dealing with all this drama in off season too.
How we truly got into this huge mess & try & figure it all out is a monumental undertaking & we have only touched the surface. If posters myself included & players would not take sides we may have had a shot & oh the media to keep there bias's out of it too. It's a lot to ask for.

Like I said in another thread-the Niners fired Mooch after the '02 season DESPITE him leading this young team in the right direction...all to appease Owens. Guess why they hired Dennis "I have NO WCO knowledge" Erickson? Yep-he said in his interview, "I'll get TO the ball more". NO JOKE!

This is my biggest fear this offseason-Jerry will make house cleaning just to APPEASE Owens. What if he trades Witten to Miami? What if he hires Norv Turner b/c Turner will go on and on in his interview how he'll do everything to make Owens the bread and butter of this offense?

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
If they don't celebrate together then we know we still have a divided team but I think they got it all out the other day. I expect a Cowboy blow out and nothing less...

stiletto

Reaction score
Boysboy;2488704 said:
Like I said in another thread-the Niners fired Mooch after the '02 season DESPITE him leading this young team in the right direction...all to appease Owens. Guess why they hired Dennis "I have NO WCO knowledge" Erickson? Yep-he said in his interview, "I'll get TO the ball more". NO JOKE!

This is my biggest fear this offseason-Jerry will make house cleaning just to APPEASE Owens. What if he trades Witten to Miami? What if he hires Norv Turner b/c Turner will go on and on in his interview how he'll do everything to make Owens the bread and butter of this offense?

If something that ******** happens there will be no reason to even watch this team anymore and Jerry will be a certified loon. No way this organization should cater to a pass dropping, cry babying, self-centered, 4 year old in a 36 year old bodied Receiver. Good riddens to Owens. I'd rather take my chances without his distractions.

cowboyfan4life_mark

5 outta 8 ain't bad
Reaction score
You know, for the past few weeks I have thought that our passing game is not as good as it could be. I mean, we have TO and RWilliams as our starting WR's. What team wouldn't want one WR with that kind of talent, much less two?

Now I'm not saying that it is Romos fault. Nor am I saying that Garrett, TO, or RWilliams are to blame. I'm not sure what is going on. I do believe that with the lack of "production" from the WRs, that is why Barber is having less yards per game.

Am I expecting way too much?

Thoughts?????????

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
The obvious answer? We get six.
owens does his love me some me to thing. (stupid as hell)
Romo chests an O lineman
Wade Pumps his fist.
Witten walks off like the professional he is.
Crayton takes the credit.