What Happens To Dak If Mike White Blows up

basel90

Reaction score
It's a moot point the Cowboys aren't going to sign Dak to an extension this offseason, not with having the 4th year of his rookie deal to go this year and at least 2 franchise tags under their belt to use after that. It is possible that if Dak gets off to a hot start this season, that they try to sign him during the season (they did that with Romo during the 2007 season), other than that i don't expect any extension for Dak this offseason. So if Mike White takes a big step this offseason anything could happen. I don't know why people think it can't , it already happened with Dak . Who here thought he would keep the QB Job over Romo when he 1st took over? Lightning can strike twice
that is a logical way to approach the Dak situation . let him prove it on the field. then will talk big money . The other side of this is that we sign him for a long
deal and he flops . then it is a disaster.
I just feel his agent has sold Dak on the idea that the cowboys have no options and that he is the super bowl hope etc. Dak could be a hero in dallas for a long time if he sings a team friendly deal now .

DandyDon52

Reaction score
There is no way any backup QB is going to beat Dak. JG will not allow it it.

1.) Dallas refuses to even bring in any potential talented QB other than Dak. It would disrupt the feng shui of the Dallas Locker Room & they don't want to be prepared in the event of a Dak injury.

2.) JG refuses to even game plan for preseason games. Rush and White will only be playing with the scrubs and practice squad guys. JG won't even try to run an offense or move the ball. This is because JG and Jerry are smarter than every other team in the NFL. The Dallas cowboys plan on using the first 3 weeks of the regular season to get the team on the same page with the blocking, QB/Wr timing, and what not. Jerry likes to lose the first couple of games so at the end of the season Dallas is struggling to win games in order to make the playoffs.
your right lol
I was thinking that 1st white would have to start PS instead of rush, then he would have to play great, like 25 of 27 for 6 td's and 400 yds!
And do it all in the first half, then if dak gets concussed in a game or something he would come in.

But since teams dont want to show anything new in PS, that would be hard to do.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Even tho everyone will call me crazy still think Romos our backup if something happens to Dak and we are in playoff contention.
dream on dude lol
Tony aint coming back, he isnt leaving his cushy job to play for Garrett in playoffs.
Now if Brady got hurt, at end of season, he might consider a run with the patriots, but I doubt he would even do that.

silvrNblue

Reaction score
It's a moot point the Cowboys aren't going to sign Dak to an extension this offseason, not with having the 4th year of his rookie deal to go this year and at least 2 franchise tags under their belt to use after that. It is possible that if Dak gets off to a hot start this season, that they try to sign him during the season (they did that with Romo during the 2007 season), other than that i don't expect any extension for Dak this offseason. So if Mike White takes a big step this offseason anything could happen. I don't know why people think it can't, it already happenned with Dak. Who here thought he would keep the QB Job over Romo when he 1st took over? Lightning can strike twice
Who here thought Dak would keep the job over a porcelain doll, who couldn't stay on the field due to injury??? hummmm Uh IDID! Once Dak got started, after losing to the GIants, and even THEN he had a damn good game and kept it to a 1 pt loss or maybe 3 whatever, no blowout by the vagiants, and then continued to win.... well it aint rocket science Debbi

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Who here thought Dak would keep the job over a porcelain doll, who couldn't stay on the field due to injury??? hummmm Uh IDID! Once Dak got started, after losing to the GIants, and even THEN he had a damn good game and kept it to a 1 pt loss or maybe 3 whatever, no blowout by the vagiants, and then continued to win.... well it aint rocket science Debbi
:angry::rolleyes::angry:

:starspin::thumbdown::starspin:

Jipper

Reaction score
dak has shown improvement but has not done anything to say he is a top 10 QB in the NFL . Which is what dallas will need to go to the super bowl .
he made too many mistakes last year and has missed many open throws. He was not the answer against the rams or the colts or tennesee etc. He needs to prove it on the feild. Just look at Baker Mayfeild , a rookie , what a difference he made. Great QBs show up by quickly .

While he did make mistakes he is on the cusp of being a legit top 10 QBs and I fully expect we see him get over the hump this year...and agree 100percent he needs to prove it but the progression last year was good and its setup perfectly for him....he has the leadership ability and tools along with the supporting players to be great....biggest thing he needs to work on is getting the ball out faster and making quicker decisions which will be a huge focus for him I am sure this year

Pants

Reaction score
sigh

"hypothetically", when will the Dak hate subside? my God, the guy has done nothing but win and yet people will come up with more crap about him; since he got into the league in 2016, here are the best win % as QB's (20+ starts):

Player---Wins---Losses---%
Tom Brady---43-10=81.13%
Ben Roethlisberger---33-16=67.35%
Dak Prescott---33-18=64.71%
Drew Brees---33-18=64.71%
Alex Smith---26-16=61.9%
Jared Goff---26-16=61.9%
Deshaun Watson---14-9=60.87%
Russell Wilson---30-21=58.82%
Matt Ryan---31-22=58.49%
Andrew Luck---19-14=57.58%
Carson Wentz---23-17=57.50%
Marcus Mariota---25-20=55.56%
Mitchell Trubisky---15-12=55.56%
Ryan Tannehill---13-11=54.17%
Trevor Siemian---13-11=54.17%
Philip Rivers---27-23=54.00%
Case Keenum---22-19=53.66%
Aaron Rodgers---22-20=52.38%
Joe Flacco---21-20=51.22%
Cam Newton---23-22=51.11%
Matthew Stafford---24-25=48.98%
Tyrod Taylor---16-17=48.48%
Kirk Cousins---23-25=47.92%
Derek Carr---22-24=47.83%
Sam Bradford---9-11=45.00%
Brock Osweiler---11-14=44.00%
Andy Dalton---18-25=41.86%
Carson Palmer---9-13=40.91%
Eli Manning---19-29=39.58%
Jameis Winston---15-23=39.47%
Blake Bortles---18-29=38.30%
Ryan Fitzpatrick---7-14=33.33%

Dak is the purest of passers, but the guy finds ways to win....now he has some receivers for a full off-season and training camp to work with....leave the guy alone already...notice the other 3 in the top 4 are NOT young and have a lot of experience under their belts/careers

visionary

Reaction score
Hypothetically Lets say White shows a something this preseason and Moore feels like White has higher upside. Do you still resign Dak or do you wait to see how White develops.

:laugh:

You guys just don't give up do you
White ain't "blowing up" lol

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Let's face it -- Mike White has a long way to go before he even catches up with Dak, much less betters him. My most ambitious expectation for White this year is that he'd progress well enough to earn a solid backup spot this year and possibly beyond.

Admittedly, anything can and does happen in the NFL. With that in mind, I guess it's remotely possible that White could find a way to fool everyone and somehow find a way to do even better than backup duty, whether it's to be here or elsewhere.

Stranger things have happened (and we simply lack a better prospect.) Hence, I think that's why he'll be retained this year.

If Rush can't produce a better effort than he had last year, he must be concerned. A better QB prospect might show up to replace him at any given time.

Last edited:

InTheZone

Reaction score
sigh

"hypothetically", when will the Dak hate subside? my God, the guy has done nothing but win and yet people will come up with more crap about him; since he got into the league in 2016, here are the best win % as QB's (20+ starts):

Player---Wins---Losses---%
Tom Brady---43-10=81.13%
Ben Roethlisberger---33-16=67.35%
Dak Prescott---33-18=64.71%
Drew Brees---33-18=64.71%
Alex Smith---26-16=61.9%
Jared Goff---26-16=61.9%
Deshaun Watson---14-9=60.87%
Russell Wilson---30-21=58.82%
Matt Ryan---31-22=58.49%
Andrew Luck---19-14=57.58%
Carson Wentz---23-17=57.50%
Marcus Mariota---25-20=55.56%
Mitchell Trubisky---15-12=55.56%
Ryan Tannehill---13-11=54.17%
Trevor Siemian---13-11=54.17%
Philip Rivers---27-23=54.00%
Case Keenum---22-19=53.66%
Aaron Rodgers---22-20=52.38%
Joe Flacco---21-20=51.22%
Cam Newton---23-22=51.11%
Matthew Stafford---24-25=48.98%
Tyrod Taylor---16-17=48.48%
Kirk Cousins---23-25=47.92%
Derek Carr---22-24=47.83%
Sam Bradford---9-11=45.00%
Brock Osweiler---11-14=44.00%
Andy Dalton---18-25=41.86%
Carson Palmer---9-13=40.91%
Eli Manning---19-29=39.58%
Jameis Winston---15-23=39.47%
Blake Bortles---18-29=38.30%
Ryan Fitzpatrick---7-14=33.33%

Dak is the purest of passers, but the guy finds ways to win....now he has some receivers for a full off-season and training camp to work with....leave the guy alone already...notice the other 3 in the top 4 are NOT young and have a lot of experience under their belts/careers
when the Dak hype I started I said to never label the wins as a Dak stat. The team was slowly becoming "a team" where any bus driver could find success. And some took it as "Daks success" rather than "team success" and that's where there's a problem. I was slowly becoming a believer in Dak during his rookie year, but there were several concerns that popped up throughout the year. And when I see his struggles against the same basic formations or when teams play pass coverage outside the hash marks it was practically like them hitting the emergency stop switch for our offense. Then that continued for 2 more years. We win it's Dak, we lose they crawl under cover until the following week, every time.

No matter what White does Dak is protected. Having all those #4 jerseys sold is good enough until sales slow to a halt. Let's just keep an eye on Daks status when sales drop, I bet there's a correlation.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Hypothetically Lets say White shows a something this preseason and Moore feels like White has higher upside. Do you still resign Dak or do you wait to see how White develops.

First off the last I've heard is the Cowboys still have plans of resigning Prescott this off season so if this is true your question is moot. Second, that's not a decision Moore makes, that's Garrett's decision. Third, why would Garrett who by the fans here thinking he's going to get fired after the season , would consider a QB with ZERO starts to pin his hopes on?

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
I guess it depends on how close he is standing to him. Shrapnel travels through bodies.

But seriously it would be a good problem to have. It would be nice to rid ourselves of the other failure in QB#2 and use the roster space for someone else...

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Why do people keep trying to find reasons to move on from dak? He had an amazing rookie year, a sophomore slump, a strong 3rd season showing major progress and is poised to breakout this year...

If mike white plays well then we either have a good backup for a few years or follow the patriot model and trade him for some good draft capital.

But dak is the qb for the next decade. Period

Because people like myself that actually sit and breakdown tape know he misses a lot of throws. Makes the wrong reads...makes poor decisions under pressure.

Vanilla2

Reaction score
Dak ends ups getting traded for what ends up to be the top pick

And Dallas uses the pick to select their next franchise quarterback.