What has been the best team we've assembled the last 20 years?

Romonater

Reaction score
2018, 2016, 2014, 2011, 2007? What say you?

While 2007 and 2016 went 13-3, I think 2014 was the best team. With Romo as the qb and DeMarco Murray running like a crazed machine, we were hard to beat. In fact, we didn't lose the playoff game that year. It was practically taken away from us.

Anyways, what do you think'?

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Didn't we just play this recently?

Anyway, it's 2007. We just lost TO at the wrong time. And mistakenly counted on Glenn to recover.

Glenn's knee going out was truly a disaster for us. Cost us in 2007, then arguably led to the Roy Williams trade in 2008.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
2007 ... last time I thought this team was going somewhere. They seemed pretty dominate in the regular season. Was the most well rounded team. Pretty one sided team every year besides that one.

aaev84

Reaction score
Best team? Probably 2007. Best chance to win it all? 2014. 2007 had that instane Pats team. No one but the Giants was going to beat them. Pats probably win that Giants game 80-90% of the time too.

dwreck27

Reaction score
Best team? Probably 2007. Best chance to win it all? 2014. 2007 had that instane Pats team. No one but the Giants was going to beat them. Pats probably win that Giants game 80-90% of the time too.

I think we would have matched up well with them....

Changes history a bit with us solidifying us as America’s team and dominating the new wannabe dynasty team

aaev84

Reaction score
I think we would have matched up well with them....

Changes history a bit with us solidifying us as America’s team and dominating the new wannabe dynasty team
I mean we played the Pats earlier in the year and couldnt keep up. I think we were missing a dominant dline that year but my memory isn't that great. Who knows, I suppose its possible Dallas had a better shot a second time

morat1959

Reaction score
The year we won the super bowl...I mean went to the super bowl....I mean went to the NFC championship game....I mean won 2 playoff games....never mind! JJ as GM= failure!

robbieruff

Reaction score
2018, 2016, 2014, 2011, 2007? What say you?

While 2007 and 2016 went 13-3, I think 2014 was the best team. With Romo as the qb and DeMarco Murray running like a crazed machine, we were hard to beat. In fact, we didn't lose the playoff game that year. It was practically taken away from us.

Anyways, what do you think'?
The lack of pass rush on the 2014 squad knocks them off the top spot for me, but yes, that was a very good team. My vote is 2007. If TO doesn’t get hurt (ankle) at end of season, I think we steamroll the NFC playoffs. We had a pass rush that helped mask a bit of a weakness in the secondary due to Henry injury. And we were solid pretty much in all other areas. May not have beaten the Pats that year tho in the SB.

alicetooljam

Reaction score
The lack of pass rush on the 2014 squad knocks them off the top spot for me, but yes, that was a very good team. My vote is 2007. If TO doesn’t get hurt (ankle) at end of season, I think we steamroll the NFC playoffs. We had a pass rush that helped mask a bit of a weakness in the secondary due to Henry injury. And we were solid pretty much in all other areas. May not have beaten the Pats that year tho in the SB.

Agreed, but that offense was steamrolling in '14. Barber was tearing it up in '07....both were great regular seasons to watch.

HeavyBarrel

Reaction score

It’s criminal that they didn’t go to a superbowl
The road to the SB was paved in gold but the Giants got hot.....Win that game and you get Favre again at Texas Stadium where he’d never won, such a waste

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
The 2007 team was the pinnacle.

Parcells built it. All Phillips had to do was not guide the ship into a reef.

But poor Wade didn't figure on his QB going to Cabo.

I know people think that didn't matter, but it was a horrific optic.

mrmojo

Reaction score
Starting Barber in the 2007 playoff game was another reason. He came in, in relief all year and all of a sudden we change things up and start him. He was gassed in the 2nd half.

Fizziksman

BanditHiro
Reaction score
The 2007 team was the pinnacle.

Parcells built it. All Phillips had to do was not guide the ship into a reef.

But poor Wade didn't figure on his QB going to Cabo.

I know people think that didn't matter, but it was a horrific optic.

it didn't matter. Wade's defense giving up a score before the half probably had more to do with it.