What I’d like to see if we don’t sign ET

RamziD

Reaction score
Let’s say we lose out on ET, this is what I’d like to see happen.

Sign Golden Tate. Estimated contract per Sportrac is 3/30M. Trade for Duke Thomas if it’s nothing too extreme (maybe a 4th?). Give Dak and the offense some more options. WRs: Cooper, Gallup, Tate, Wilson, Brown, Austin.

On Defense, go after a DT. Options include Darius Philon, Tim Jernigan, Christian Covington, Danny Shelton.

Gets a S and DL in 2nd and 3rd round.

Bigdog

Reaction score
I like Darius Philon. He is young and will probably be cheap.

ICP

Reaction score
Lol, the urgency will be in signing 'Our Guys' other than that expect the free agent bargain bin. Even the Cooper trade last year was made only because they finally realized that they screwed up with the shabby WR Corp they went into the season with

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Sign Golden Tate. Estimated contract per Sportrac is 3/30M. Trade for Duke Thomas if it’s nothing too extreme (maybe a 4th?). Give Dak and the offense some more options. WRs: Cooper, Gallup, Tate, Wilson, Brown, Austin.

On Defense, go after a DT. Options include Darius Philon, Tim Jernigan, Christian Covington, Danny Shelton.

I dont know about signing Tate. Cowboys fans are still pissy about that hit on Lee

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Wed all like to see moves in FA that'll help the team but it's not happening. It's not.

AKATheRake

Reaction score

No offense my friend and fellow fan. I want to make that clear.

But in all due respect. Lose out on ET who just wants us to match the best offer so we can pay Golden Tate who played with ET in Seattle and they had no problem letting him go? He is playing a position we need his elite talent at. About a decade now. We are fine at WR with what we have, Beasley is not all that and although Hurns isn't either it's not that huge of a drop off.

Nah, unacceptable.

Trade for Duke Johnson? Why even trade for him? They have Chubb and Hunt. You think they want to pay Johnson that money as their 3rd string?

Right give the team who is going to take ET from us draft picks for players they aren't going to be utilizing while paying them anyways.

John Dorsey really is a genius.

I'll tell you this much. If that team gets ET and get to use those 8 picks + in this draft to fill their o-line, LB's, and anything else they desire? You better believe you are looking at the team that can take down New England and KC where Dorsey just left 2 season's ago.

You want to give them more picks that we need?

No shot.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Sense of urgency will kick in once the Bahamas vacation is over with bro.

Why you so impatient:angry:

Don't be so conservative. I thought they were doing the whole Caribbean? Not just the Bahamas. You know. Since they were holding off on paying everyone from top to bottom for 1 more season so they could fill the families GAS TANK for the trip and stay on budget. All while not being conservative and running out of time to win.

oceanco-project-bravo.jpg

Not paying the Tank who really should be getting paid is what I can see being not conservative to the environment. Now I know what Stephen was talking about. Now I see what Jerry was talking about with not having much more time when it came to drafts.

We know there's no time for the 1st week of FA. It's called being fiscally responsible for the best of the organization.

Last edited:

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score

You will get none of these things.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We only like our own guys.

I get the frustation with the team. I feel it too. But this is becoming a very boring mantra with some fans. The Cowboys never said they only like their guys, nor did they ever say they like every guy at every position every year and see no necessity for upgrades. Nevertheless some still seem to think they being clever and witty by repeating this over and over like a parrot.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

It's unlikely you'll see any of those things.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I’m not sure any of those DT choices are really much of an upgrade over what we have.