What I think happened at 10

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by CouchCoach, Apr 30, 2021.

1. Cowboy4ever

Cowboy4ever Well-Known Member

4,499 Messages
    3,246 Likes Received
    I don't think they had Pitts or Sewell as targets. I think they had 3 Defensive players they would have been happy with at 10 and they got 1 of them. I do not think that any offensive player was in their thoughts at 10, nor should they have been. In other words, if the OT, TE, were there to draft along with CB And LB , they would have drafted one of the of Defensive players over the O players. Glad they got at least one of the D players they wanted in that spot and picked up another pick in the process, sweet.

2. Ken

Ken Well-Known Member

8,909 Messages
    7,594 Likes Received
    Jerry stated he was their highest rated, Fish got a text from "inside valley ranch" after the press conference confirming that.

3. Rockport

Rockport AmberBeer

CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
    30,589 Messages
    30,299 Likes Received
    They had Parsons #4 overall on their board.

4. Typhus

Typhus Catching Catfish

11,031 Messages
    11,908 Likes Received
    Possibly, Im not doubting what you say to be true, I believed they were targeting Horn/Surtain, but had already established many options, rehearsed many scenarios, and Horn and Surtain were obviously being devalued in most mock scenarios.
    It was a quick phone call from the Eagles, and you are absolutely right,, Parsons at that point was best man on the board with the 3rd rounder is bonus value for the ten,, Parsons had been mocked top ten nearly all offseason.
    So I have zero issue with day one,,, looking really forward to day two...tonight is dynamite

Ken likes this.
  5. Rajat

Rajat Well-Known Member

2,531 Messages
    3,373 Likes Received
    What a billionaire does, thinks and what they say are totally different. Don't pay attention to anything they say after the fact. It is all an act to justify the pick. Hell they would pump their fist even if they picked a kicker as their first round pick and you would hear Jerrah talking all night about his legs.

6. Typhus

Typhus Catching Catfish

11,031 Messages
    11,908 Likes Received
    Show me the board and lets have a beer

Jarv and Cebrin like this.
  7. Cowboy4ever

Cowboy4ever Well-Known Member

4,499 Messages
    3,246 Likes Received
    Using that logic they should have traded up for Lawrence or Wilson, since the injury bug could reappear for #4 and the lack of a quality back up will be exposed again.

Dalmations202 likes this.
  8. gp_cowpolk

gp_cowpolk Landry Hat

11,399 Messages
    17,568 Likes Received
    And they took the player I wanted

CouchCoach likes this.
  9. CouchCoach

CouchCoach Moderator

CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
    33,362 Messages
    58,569 Likes Received
    They at least have players in those positions, they're really hurting on the D side.

10. Walker

Walker Texas Ranger

2,238 Messages
    1,893 Likes Received
    If CHI offered us that deal then we are stupid to pass up on it for someone like Parson. That is like giving up two 1st rounders for this dude. Because we could have easily taken one of our extra 3rds + 4th rounder and move up to #14 and taken Parsons anyway. We would have the assets to move up back and take Parsons AND still get a 1st rounder out of it. What a draft that would be.

11. Ken

Ken Well-Known Member

8,909 Messages
    7,594 Likes Received
    I think the eagle's call was quick because they mentioned on the presser last night they talked with them about it a couple of days earlier.

Typhus likes this.
  12. boro

boro Member

47 Messages
    46 Likes Received
    Great write up

13. Walker

Walker Texas Ranger

2,238 Messages
    1,893 Likes Received
    The Cowboys were trying to move up to grab one of the other defensive players according to some reports, so if he was the highest rated, then why move up to grab another player?

14. Rockport

Rockport AmberBeer

CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
    30,589 Messages
    30,299 Likes Received

Typhus likes this.
  15. kevm3

kevm3 Well-Known Member

7,567 Messages
    9,952 Likes Received
    The fact that they didn't pick up LVE's option told you they had a high grade on Parsons... Whether or not they would have picked him if Surtain or Horn was there is another matter. It's possible they had Parsons graded higher than Surtain and Horn, but considered CB as a more valuable position or position of higher need and would have grabbed one of those two if they were available instead.

Pentagruel likes this.
  16. charron

charron Well-Known Member

8,615 Messages
    9,083 Likes Received
    I think they had 3 defensive players they had high grades on and fit a need but they also had 3offensive players they would consider based on talent. Leading upto the draft teams have called as normal to gauge what you would want to trade spots. The eagles had probably already talked to the boys. With the giants unlikely to draft parsons, you knew who the eagles would take and you didn't want him it was a no brainer. A free 3rd round pick and still get the guy you wanted that was still available.

17. Ken

Ken Well-Known Member

8,909 Messages
    7,594 Likes Received
    I guess we will never know.

They are certainly saying that Parsons was the target all along. I didn't believe it at first but i am starting to believe it. They were very calculated in what they did, having discussed the trade down with the eagle's 2 days prior and knowing what the Eagles and Giants wanted.

Parson's at 11 was a risk though. Maybe they knew about the deal with the Bears and that the Giants would do it if there guy wasn't there?

Not sure, but I am happy with Parsons. We really stole potentially the best defender in this draft, imo.

Robbieac and conner01 like this.
  18. Jarntt

Jarntt Well-Known Member

915 Messages
    995 Likes Received
    I don't know what happened, but I like how it turned out...

gp_cowpolk likes this.
  19. starfan1

starfan1 Well-Known Member

5,316 Messages
    4,616 Likes Received
    google them they are there Parson has been mocked below ten but also above ten. ive seen them with him going to Detroit as well as carolina and denver and us.

20. Diehardblues

Diehardblues Well-Known Member

40,162 Messages
    23,725 Likes Received
    It was shocking to see Surtain and Horn picked immediately back to back right in front of us.

We( as in my close surrounding group) all were dumbfounded as it unfolded . And begin looking to move down .

Dallas did all they could after the fact their guys were gone. And rebounded very well in our opinion.

We have them A- . And that should increase pending what we do with the extra pick.