What if Gene Jones were to file for divorce from Jerry Jones?

CowboyChris

Reaction score
with all the embarrassment and the paternity suit against Jerry and the team, Gene Jones were to file for divorce from Jerry Jones, what happens to their ownership of the team should she want her share? I guess what I’m asking can she make him have to sell the team to get her half?

DFWJC

Reaction score
They've know who each other is for nearly 60 years. The good and the bad
People usually don't get divorced when they are 80 years old and have been married 60 of them

His daughter is one of the more respected and powerful women in the NFL
His sone is basically the co-GM

Gene loves the Cowboys. There seems like no way she would destroy her families legacy.

Last edited:

Rayman70

Reaction score
People usually don't get divorced when they are 80 years old and have been married 60 of them

Gene loves the Cowboys. There seems like no way she would destroy her families legacy.
never underestimate a woman scorn. She has ALL the leverage here. If she wishes to use it.

Rayman70

Reaction score
She could absolutely ruin Jerry if she wanted 2. Isn't likely. I'm sure she hasnt been a saint either. When you are that rich, ANYTHING is on the table. Humans tend to behave badly when bags of $ is readily at your fingertips. Its human nature.

DFWJC

Reaction score
She could absolutely ruin Jerry if she wanted 2. Isn't likely. I'm sure she hasnt been a saint either. When you are that rich, ANYTHING is on the table. Humans tend to behave badly when bags of $ is readily at your fingertips. Its human nature.
But she would ruin her kids too

Diehardblues

Reaction score
with all the embarrassment and the paternity suit against Jerry and the team, Gene Jones were to file for divorce from Jerry Jones, what happens to their ownership of the team should she want her share? I guess what I’m asking can she make him have to sell the team to get her half?
Of course she could .

And why Jethro will never admit he’s the father. Gene won’t allow Alex to have a seat at the table with her children.

plymkr

Reaction score
I don't know. Maybe someone with some lawyer history can answer but my gut tells me she couldn't force him to sell. He might have to buy her out of her portion of the team but that doesn't mean he'd have to sell the team. I bet, without knowing what happens in their home, that Gene knew before the story broke. So it didn't catch her off guard. So she probably had time to grieve and accept what happened a while ago. As much as I bash Jerry in a way I feel bad for him. I bet this love child has caused a lot of problems for him before anyone knew about it. With a hurt wife and hurt kids through infidelity there's no amount of money that can make you happy. I feel sorry for Jerry a little bit but he deserves to be hurting since he cheated. But Gene and the rest of kids, including Alexandra, are the ones I really feel bad for. They didn't deserve this. This whole situation just kind of sucks for everyone involved.

But anyway, I got off on a tangent. I seriously doubt if they got a divorce she could "force" him to sell.

Rayman70

Reaction score
stop dreaming guys. Jerry and booger aint selling the family business.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I don't know. Maybe someone with some lawyer history can answer but my gut tells me she couldn't force him to sell. He might have to buy her out of her portion of the team but that doesn't mean he'd have to sell the team. I bet, without knowing what happens in their home, that Gene knew before the story broke. So it didn't catch her off guard. So she probably had time to grieve and accept what happened a while ago. As much as I bash Jerry in a way I feel bad for him. I bet this love child has caused a lot of problems for him before anyone knew about it. With a hurt wife and hurt kids through infidelity there's no amount of money that can make you happy. I feel sorry for Jerry a little bit but he deserves to be hurting since he cheated. But Gene and the rest of kids, including Alexandra, are the ones I really feel bad for. They didn't deserve this. This whole situation just kind of sucks for everyone involved.

But anyway, I got off on a tangent. I seriously doubt if they got a divorce she could "force" him to sell.
Technically she couldn’t force him to sell. But she could force to ask for half of his assets. Which include the Cowboys. Currently he’s worth about10 billion. If he could come up with 5 billion without selling the Cowboys then it’s a possibility.

Most of his wealth is the Cowboys. I suppose he could sign over the Cowboys to her. And he could take less than half of his assets? He could maybe retain a minority stake .

But sure often a divorce can force you to sell your assets to meet the financial demands.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Technically she couldn’t force him to sell. But she could force to ask for half of his assets. Which include the Cowboys. Currently he’s worth about10 billion. If he could come up with 5 billion without selling the Cowboys then it’s a possibility.

Most of his wealth is the Cowboys. I suppose he could sign over the Cowboys to her. And he could take less than half of his assets? He could maybe retain a minority stake .

But sure often a divorce can force you to sell your assets to meet the financial demands.
thats a great point. The 1 thing Jerry understands is his wallet.

rynochop

Reaction score
He'd have to sell the yacht. There's no way he kept that a secret all these years..I'm sure she's good

Sammy

Reaction score
He'd have to sell the yacht. There's no way he kept that a secret all these years..I'm sure she's good

Jean knowing it and the whole world knowing it are 2 different things. I know a few couples who have an agreement that one of them can fool around as long as they are very discreet. If it becomes common knowledge, that becomes a problem.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score

You seem to be channeling Spags ....

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Gene is cute in a pre-octonagerian way. If she leaves Jerry I could fulfill her Emotionally and guide her investments.

Last edited:

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Jean knowing it and the whole world knowing it are 2 different things. I know a few couples who have an agreement that one of them can fool around as long as they are very discreet. If it becomes common knowledge, that becomes a problem.

The Library Lady does not agree with that marriage accommodation.
She asked me if I was OK with that lifestyle and I said " I am ambivalent." And she said I was being very Gore Vidalish.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

This whole thing was a sad story for all involved, no winners in this situation.