What if you had a QB that could really block?

Xeven

Reaction score
What if you had a QB that could pass well enough but mainly could be a great blocker, add a full back, great OL and Zeke? Any team ever tried it?

Might be a way to bring running game back to NFL which would open up passing too.

Yes I realize QB could get hurt but that is what backups are for.

GenoT

Reaction score
What if you had a QB that could pass well enough but mainly could be a great blocker, add a full back, great OL and Zeke? Any team ever tried it?
Yeah...most NFL teams @80yrs ago. It was called the single-wing offense. The QB and wingback mostly blocked, while the tailback or fullback handled the ball after taking a direct snap from the center. They would either run, pass or handoff.

conner01

Reaction score
Someone will tame a cheap shot and hurt your starting QB. Just like having a running QB. I think jackson will end up injured like RG3.
I agree
I like a QB who can run but not as a huge part of the scheme
A few designed runs and running when things break down is great
But Jackson is used so much you put him at too much risk
It was tried with Vick and RGIII and it led to shortened careers

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

Might be a way to bring running game back to NFL which would open up passing too.

It's been tried. Watching this you'd never realize Tebow completed less than 48% of his passes.

Qcard

Reaction score

Every time I try to move on from annihilating these Dak Haters they bring me back....another awful attempt at Eye Test

glimmerman

Reaction score
I agree
I like a QB who can run but not as a huge part of the scheme
A few designed runs and running when things break down is great
But Jackson is used so much you put him at too much risk
It was tried with Vick and RGIII and it led to shortened careers
I saw jackson take a big shot last year running down the middle of the field. Someone will catch him while he isn’t looking and he will be hurt.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I saw jackson take a big shot last year running down the middle of the field. Someone will catch him while he isn’t looking and he will be hurt.
While I get what your saying, the risk of your franchise QB exposing himself, the franchise to injury risk.
The Ravens have designed that entire offense off of what Lamar does best, that's his game, and man can still throw the ball, he is not just a one trick pony.

glimmerman

Reaction score
While I get what your saying, the risk of your franchise QB exposing himself, the franchise to injury risk.
The Ravens have designed that entire offense off of what Lamar does best, that's his game, and man can still throw the ball, he is not just a one trick pony.
Exactly, that’s why I expect to see him becoming more pocket and less running this year.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Someone will tame a cheap shot and hurt your starting QB. Just like having a running QB. I think jackson will end up injured like RG3.
Its a risky venture, but I can understand why the Ravens are running it, they understand the risk vs reward.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Exactly, that’s why I expect to see him becoming more pocket and less running this year.
If your speaking to Lamar, than I would think that Lamar still retains full rights to all running lanes at his discretion, but I also believe if he had some WRs he would be able to stay in the pocket a bit longer.
Its Hollywood Brown or bust there, they drafted DuVernay, but Jackson doesn't have near the treasure trove that Dak has.

shabazz

Reaction score
If we had a Qb that could just pass well enough, he would have a Multiple year contract

As it stands, we now have a rent-a-Qb. Leased out just long enough for MM to get his franchise Qb

Fact

Qcard

Reaction score
If your speaking to Lamar, than I would think that Lamar still retains full rights to all running lanes at his discretion, but I also believe if he had some WRs he would be able to stay in the pocket a bit longer.
Its Hollywood Brown or bust there, they drafted DuVernay, but Jackson doesn't have near the treasure trove that Dak has.
Lamar didn't need a treasure trove. That is Garrett syndrome...paper thin. A starter goes down revealed inadequate backup. Harbaugh and outgoing GM built team around Jackson talent.
Dak had Garrett 2013-2019 treasure trove.... whatever that is...

blueblood70

Reaction score

VEER and Triple option from HS! yes baby!