What is best for the long term future of the team?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Bobhaze, Nov 9, 2018.

1. Captain43Crash

Captain43Crash Well-Known Member

4,594 Messages
    4,674 Likes Received
    Jerry is very proud. They had an AWESOME Dynasty going and Jimmy embarrassed Jerry. Jerry fired Jimmy shortly after. If Garrett embarrasses Jerry enough with a couple blow out losses, Garrett could get the boot from Jerry, his step father.

2. Captain43Crash

4,594 Messages
    4,674 Likes Received
    Coaches the biggest problem. Regardless of what you think of the owner/GM we have above average talent on this team and have been drafting well. We need to get rid of the Predictable HC and spend some more money on Free Agents, and this team will has an opportunity to win Superbowls. No chance of that with Garrett.

3. Captain43Crash

4,594 Messages
    4,674 Likes Received
    Sports is all about being mediocre? Maybe to you. As a fan it’s all about cheering for a Title. We go 9-7 and keep Garrett, it will be Ground Hog Day for the next 10 years. Mediocre football with no Titles!

PA Cowboy Fan likes this.
  4. rpntex

rpntex Well-Known Member

1,470 Messages
    1,042 Likes Received
    C

I always want more wins, and a playoff berth is what you play for. Just get in the playoffs...from there, anything can happen.

It’s really the only choice now that Dallas doesn’t have a 1st-round pick. There no point in wanting to lose now (though I’d never want that anyway).

5. Captain43Crash

4,594 Messages
    4,674 Likes Received
    That would be great, but we know that’s not happening. If we make the Playoffs Jerry states, what an amazing job Garrett has done and extends him for 10 years.

6. ESisback

ESisback Well-Known Member

5,651 Messages
    5,674 Likes Received
    Not taking your usual 15 minute bathroom break?

Runwildboys likes this.
  7. Blake

Blake Well-Known Member

4,388 Messages
    6,923 Likes Received
    A, because C ain't happening, and B just prolongs our misery with the clapping turd.

8. pancakeman

pancakeman Well-Known Member

3,409 Messages
    1,968 Likes Received
    C is the obvious choice to me.
    Go 5-2 down the stretch and make the postseason? Sign me up.

9. pancakeman

pancakeman Well-Known Member

3,409 Messages
    1,968 Likes Received
    I'm kind of amused that B was offered. Who would prefer that?!

10. ghst187

ghst187 Well-Known Member

11,485 Messages
    6,628 Likes Received
    D) 5-11 and JG doesn’t coach the final stretch because he gets canned once we are mathematically eliminated. Meanwhile, Jim Harbaugh skips recruiting trips as Jerry’s plane is curiously spotted in Ann Arbor.
    PS. I’m not totally sure why people keep thinking we can win 7,8,9 games this year. Wouldn’t shock me if we lost out the rest of the year, were that poorly coached and our schedule is a bear.

Captain43Crash likes this.
  11. Idgit

Idgit Fattening up Moderator

58,647 Messages
    60,217 Likes Received
    Who knows? But that wasn’t the question anyway.

12. Idgit

58,647 Messages
    60,217 Likes Received
    The fact that plenty of people might have done it doesn’t change the fact that it’s a bush-league thing to do.

ESisback and GenoT like this.
  13. Idgit

58,647 Messages
    60,217 Likes Received
    No it’s not. It’s inescapably dumb. Which doesn’t mean it’s not popular, I’ll admit.

14. Bullflop

Bullflop Well-Known Member

18,325 Messages
    22,453 Likes Received
    The fact of the matter is that we, as fans, have no choice but to watch the upcoming games and keep abreast of what's to come. The Dallas FO, the staff and their players will decide for themselves by their game day results what kind of a fate inevitably lies ahead for them. It's high time to face the facts.

As a fan, I'll always root for them to win, although there's also a big part of me that realizes that the overall organizational changes that Troy Aikman has described would benefit them the most in the future. For Jerry and Stephen, an honest and objective look within should reveal as much.

Let's hope the Dallas FO will come to fully understand that they actually do require an organizational overhaul. They must ultimately be willing to face the facts and do everything they can to return the Dallas organization and its team to their long-lost elite status.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2018
    LocimusPrime likes this.
  15. GenoT

GenoT Well-Known Member

4,968 Messages
    8,690 Likes Received
    C.

Not making the playoffs might(?) get Linehan, Moore and a few other assistants fired.

As for Garrett, I still maintain that only a total collapse (say, 1-7 or 2-6 for the remaining games) will do the trick.

16. Londonboy

Londonboy Well-Known Member

3,846 Messages
    8,692 Likes Received
    How about D, every Jones gets imprisoned for tax evasion and They're forced to sell the Team.

Other than that : Sadly, A.

I hate to lose, but We need a decent HC, OC and QB, Joffo the Clown seems to be the only Person on planet Earth who thinks what We have is NFL quality, if it takes major suckage to hammer that message into his stubborn head, then so be it.

Hey, at least Chelsea are going well.

RGV_C_Los and Captain43Crash like this.
  17. DandyDon52

DandyDon52 Well-Known Member

13,304 Messages
    8,511 Likes Received
    Well bob , there is no guarantee they would get rid of JG is there?? even if they lose the rest of the games, they might still keep him.

We dont really know what it would take for jerry to let JG go.
    Also what we want doesnt matter, if you want them to lose the rest of the games, that has no effect on the actual games.
    root for them to lose and they can still win, root for them to win and they still lose lol, I was rooting for them to win the tenn game,
    and it didnt help cowboys at all lol.

As fans we only get a little info, and so we dont know what is really what, and all we can do is watch the games and see how
    it goes.
    We cant help them be better or smarter, sadly that is all up to the jones boys. They have the power not us.

my answer to your question is C get into playoffs, always better when they play at least one
    playoff game, but I think there is very little chance of that happening.
    just based on what I have seen so far, 6-10 may be how they end up.

however if they suddenly went to the read option offense with a lot of hurry up and dak
    running alot, then they might get into playoffs, but again I dont see that happening.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2018
  18. nate dizzle

nate dizzle Well-Known Member

2,554 Messages
    3,893 Likes Received
    Organizational stability is great when the organization is doing well, has had recent success, or at least is trending in the right direction.

None of those things are true here. Being afraid of the unknown or change is no excuse for sticking with the status quo.

Captain43Crash and Londonboy like this.
  19. Diehardblues

Diehardblues Well-Known Member

34,077 Messages
    19,925 Likes Received
    Right... Bob should know this.

Must be just playing to the crowd.

Idgit likes this.
  20. Diehardblues

Diehardblues Well-Known Member

34,077 Messages
    19,925 Likes Received
    Plan C of course.

Any fan not rooting to make playoffs for silly selfish agendas not a Cowboy fan I’m interested in.