What is best for the long term future of the team?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Unfortunately as long as Jerry is intent on our dysfunctional organization there is no clear good future for Cowboys Football.

We take one year at a time hoping for 16 meaningful games. And if we’re lucky a playoff appearance.

This is our destiny with Jerry. Once the stadium was built, season tickets and PSL sold along with sponsors. Game Over. Jerry wins. We’re screwed.

If you want to root for something. Root for a great QB like a Goff or Mahommes in an upcoming draft. Talent is best hope with Jerry’s ways.

A new puppet roaming the sidelines isn’t going to put us over the top. Not without the talent.

Last edited:

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
If this offense doesn't turn around and the team starts winning more than one game at a time than who cares? The best bet is to lose out. And if it doesn't get rid of Garrett then what difference does it make? 8-8 isn't any better. Been there and done that. At least the media will make Jerry very uncomfortable. I'll love that.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
We go thru this every time we have a down year. Everyone’s ready to jump ship, etc.

We’re bashing Jerry and everything involved . It’s so predictable. Then we’ll have a good season and everything is fine. Jerry’s delegating more, he’s getting smarter. The drafts and personnel decisions are better, etc . It’s all laughable !!

Look at our roster and our team . What do you see ? Where is the core weakness ? Look at the numbers, stats and team rankings. It’s blatanly obvious. That’s how you uplift this team.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
If this offense doesn't turn around and the team starts winning more than one game at a time than who cares? The best bet is to lose out. And if it doesn't get rid of Garrett then what difference does it make? 8-8 isn't any better. Been there and done that. At least the media will make Jerry very uncomfortable. I'll love that.
As long as Jerry is Dug In on Dak our future in dim.

Only empty seats would force the kinda change we’d want.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
As long as Jerry is Dug In on Dak our future in dim.

Only empty seats would force the kinda change we’d want.
Unfortunately that's not going to happen...at least not for a long time. What we need is for the boo birds to come out weekly.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Unfortunately that's not going to happen...at least not for a long time. What we need is for the boo birds to come out weekly.
That’s going to be difficult when sometimes half in attendance aren’t Cowboy fans or just social butterflies:)

There is no hope for changing Jerry. Game over!

CrownCowboy

Reaction score
Do you want to ever win a Super Bowl again?

We will never win a Super Bowl with Jason Garrett as our Head Coach. You know it. I know it. Everybody knows it. Whatever it takes to get him out of town is what all Cowboys fans should be pulling for.

Of course the same could be said about Jerry and we all know he isn’t going anywhere. He is about to extend Dak and give us yet another excuse to keep Garrett around.

To that I say simply this: We are doomed for many many years to come.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I wish I could go back and retrieve all the positive rhetoric on Jerry just a couple years ago when fans were claiming how much Jerry had changed, how he was delegating more to Stephen , how hopeful so many fans were in how they felt a better culture, drafts and personnel decisions were being made celebrating Jerry’s executive of the year and HOF induction. Lol

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
We need to get blown out the next 2 weeks and then have a half filled stadium on Thanksgiving. That should do it.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
More wins. Let next year sort itself out. Anything else is rooting for your team to lose, and that’s super bush.

That's probably why he asked "long term".

Long term, do the Cowboys get more wins if we lose enough this year for Garrett and crew to be dumped? I think the answer is yes.

Pretty good argument to be had that it's cheering for the team to lose *long term* that is super bush. Grown ups know that usually some short term pain is required for long term gain.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Do you want to ever win a Super Bowl again?

We will never win a Super Bowl with Jason Garrett as our Head Coach. You know it. I know it. Everybody knows it. Whatever it takes to get him out of town is what all Cowboys fans should be pulling for.

Of course the same could be said about Jerry and we all know he isn’t going anywhere. He is about to extend Dak and give us yet another excuse to keep Garrett around.

To that I say simply this: We are doomed for many many years to come.
It’s not as bad as some fans make it out to be not having hope.

As Browns fans in the Dogpound how they have survived all of these years. Even had their team taken away. Detroit has never seen a Super Bowl either.

This is life with a mediocre/ dormant football franchise. It’s just that our destiny is more restricted to Jerry’s ways.

I’ve been rooting for a dormant alma matter most of my life. It’s a different mentality when you expect to lose and hope to win. Every now and then you have an exciting year, make a Bowl game and your thankful.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
That's probably why he asked "long term".

Long term, do the Cowboys get more wins if we lose enough this year for Garrett and crew to be dumped? I think the answer is yes.

Pretty good argument to be had that it's cheering for the team to lose *long term* that is super bush. Grown ups know that usually some short term pain is required for long term gain.
In a normal situation I’d agree. But with Jerry it’s anything but normal.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
It’s not as bad as some fans make it out to be not having hope.

As Browns fans in the Dogpound how they have survived all of these years. Even had their team taken away. Detroit has never seen a Super Bowl either.

This is life with a mediocre/ dormant football franchise. It’s just that our destiny is more restricted to Jerry’s ways.

I’ve been rooting for a dormant alma matter most of my life. It’s a different mentality when you expect to lose and hope to win. Every now and then you have an exciting year, make a Bowl game and your thankful.
I'm a Maryland fan. Talk about a long dormant football program. And this year a player died, we don't have a coach and we are the laughingstock of college football. Couple that with the Cowboys and it's been a pitiful football season.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The reason Garrett has survived this far is just when we think it’s over and the team is going to collapse he manages to spark us.

Much like last year after losing the first 3 after Elliott went out falling to 5-6. We won 3 in a row to give us some hope. We could have easily lost all 6 without Elliott.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I'm a Maryland fan. Talk about a long dormant football program. And this year a player died, we don't have a coach and we are the laughingstock of college football. Couple that with the Cowboys and it's been a pitiful football season.
The difference with Cowboys is we have the championship history but we are now a generation removed from that.

Maybe it will take 30-40 years without a championship for all fans to adjust their mentality?

exciter

Reaction score
More wins. Let next year sort itself out. Anything else is rooting for your team to lose, and that’s super bush.
At this point I'm going fishing and waiting on the crappie spawn in February. If Garrett doesn't get fired I'll be creating alot of beds this summer in anticipation of fishing alot next fall!

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Option E, as in Epiphany.

Jerry has an epiphany and finally realizes, it not just this year, but 2 decades worth of this organization, not just team under performing. Even if the team itself does well the rest of the way, that leadership has continually held this team back. Foolish decisions made that killed seasons before they even started, like the "special teams draft", forcing assistants on coaches, questionable trades, hiring a HC that wasn't ready, WR by committee etc. That even for the few right decisions or moves made, that they have made many more poor ones. That Jerry can finally see that the organization needs to change, the way it's structured and run not just coached. While he may be able to point to the worth of the team as success, he would see that worth grow much more rapidly with a much more successful product on the field. We have been to 0 Conference Championships in the last 20 years and at least 25 other teams have more playoff wins in the last 20 years.

25 other teams have more playoff wins than the Cowboys over the last 2 decades, that's not a player problem, that's a leadership problem.

Jipper

Reaction score
I hate to say it but at this point I just don't really even care.

No reason to even try and figure out the future or waste energy on this crap team. I'm having a hard time even wanting to watch a night game bc I know we're going to lose and I'm going to have to miss my morning workout and get all worked up for nothing

Hell the only reason I'm still posting on here is bc you guys are awesome and this is the only social media i do...its also like AA for suffering fans

ArtClink

Reaction score
A quick multiple choice quiz for all my fellow loyal Cowboys fans. You must select either Option A, B or C and explain why your choice is best for the team’s long term future:

OPTION A- Cowboys lose Sunday night in Philly, move to 3-6, and go on to finish 6-10 or less, don’t make playoffs.
OPTION B- Cowboys win Sunday night in Philly, move to 4-5, and then fight their way to 8-8, but don’t make playoffs.
OPTION C- Cowboys win Sunday night in Philly, move to 4-5, and then fight their way to 9-7 and barely make the playoffs.

So which option would you choose and why?

My choice is option A, and for this big reason. Jason Garrett has had nearly 8 full seasons to show what he is. He is simply not a good NFL head coach. Mediocrity is his ceiling. Under these present circumstances with Garrett, the dysfunction with Jerry has only gotten worse. I’m sad to say, I actually think it’s in this team’s best interest to have a losing record and not make the playoffs to FORCE Jerry to make a move. I hate feeling this way as a fan, but I think it’s currently the only way we have to slap Jerry into getting a better HC.

What do you say Cowboys fans? A, B or C...and why.

Just keep in mind Garrett is still learning on the job so given another 8 seasons, he might deliver another wild card win. Second, and more importantly he makes Jerry feel comfortable.