What is one thing you can laugh at yourself for now that you know better?

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
In the third grade, the teacher had us read Hansel and Gretel in class. Then she wanted to make a point about how a step parent isn't necessarily bad, so she asked, "What's the wrong message a kid might get from this story?" I raised my hand and said, "Some kid might go around shoving old ladies into ovens." The whole class laughed. It wasn't what the teacher was looking for. To this day I still laugh at my answer.

cowboyec

Reaction score
on one of my bigfoot hunts years ago i tried my first wood knock using a mini bat.
never played baseball so i knew nothing about swingin' away.
found a tree....perfect spot near the bank of the n canadian and let'er rip.
that sucker immediately on contact came right back and put a knot on my forehead.
damn that hurt.
but that knock was a good'n tho.
so was the knot on my forehead.
im a little more observant now about my swing placement in relation to my head.

TheCowboy

Reaction score
I think this goes for most people but I laugh at how dumb I was when it came to money early in my life. Spending on stupid things, not saving, not investing. If I knew what I know now my life would be a lot different.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Things I learned the hard way as a teenager ..

1) When your dad says he found you a car and looks excited, you are screwed ..

2) Roll your windows up when you come home regardless if the sun is shining, because the rain will know ..

3) Buy oil for your old oil-using car BEFORE everything else ..

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
:hammer:
Used to ruin my whole Sunday night/Monday. Remotes thrown, and a stream of profanities which i cannot repeat. Have really mellowed out after the last several years though.
When I look at the Cowboys' games now compared to "back in the day" I SMH on how I acted. I once threw a glass of iced tea at the TV during the Thanksgiving game against the Dolphins when Leon Lett "fumbled" the blocked kick and allowed the Dolphins to retry the FG and win the game. I had family over and I wasn't even embarrassed. Cowboys' losses used to ruin my day(s). Now I'm over it with ease.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
When I look at the Cowboys' games now compared to "back in the day" I SMH on how I acted. I once threw a glass of iced tea at the TV during the Thanksgiving game against the Dolphins when Leon Lett "fumbled" the blocked kick and allowed the Dolphins to retry the FG and win the game. I had family over and I wasn't even embarrassed. Cowboys' losses used to ruin my day(s). Now I'm over it with ease.

Tell me about it, i was at that game. Talk about a long 3 hour ride home.