What is really wrong the Cowboys ..

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sorry to make a thread about this but I've been irritated about this for three weeks now.

The Cowboys are not throwing the ball downfield like they used and even when they do, they are waiting on curl routes to the sidelines and comeback routes. Those kinds of plays greatly increase the chance for an interception because it gives the defensive backs a great look at the ball and they take twice as long in the pocket to complete.

Garrett and Romo, for whatever reason, are afraid of throwing the ball downfield unless they see 5+ yards of separation and they will not see that very often with the current group of receivers.

THAT is why TO is not getting any passes and that is why teams are crowding the line of scrimage. This is exactly what the Giants did to us in the playoffs and what the Commanders did against the Cowboys to beat them.

At some point, you have to man up and get aggressive like they USED to be.

Oh, and the defense needs to learn to wrap-up when they tackle rather than just hit them hard.

-Reality

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Watching our passing game is very painful. Not anywhere near what they used to be like and what we expect. Today Romo just seems uninterested. Is Jessica in the house?

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
For all the wide spread we want Garrett as our HC, fire Wade now talk during the off-season, Red has proven why he needed to stay as an OC

It seems to me like since the Giants game, he has yet to rebound and call a game like he use to. He's calling plays that fit this offense. He's trying to call plays to not lose the game. And we are going to lose soon if he keeps this up

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
Reality;2328742 said:
Sorry to make a thread about this but I've been irritated about this for three weeks now.

The Cowboys are not throwing the ball downfield like they used and even when they do, they are waiting on curl routes to the sidelines and comeback routes. Those kinds of plays greatly increase the chance for an interception because it gives the defensive backs a great look at the ball and they take twice as long in the pocket to complete.

Garrett and Romo, for whatever reason, are afraid of throwing the ball downfield unless they see 5+ yards of separation and they will not see that very often with the current group of receivers.

THAT is why TO is not getting any passes and that is why teams are crowding the line of scrimage. This is exactly what the Giants did to us in the playoffs and what the Commanders did against the Cowboys to beat them.

At some point, you have to man up and get aggressive like they USED to be.

Oh, and the defense needs to learn to wrap-up when they tackle rather than just hit them hard.

-Reality

TO and Witten are being double teamed, and the othere receivers acn't beat one on one matches.............plain and simple. Romo is holding the ball too long waiting for them to break open. Garrett needs to move TO around beat bumps and double teams.

Ren

Reaction score
The O line hasn't played that well that last few weeks and that's really exposing our lack quality WR's after TO

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Mr Cowboy;2328923 said:
TO and Witten are being double teamed, and the othere receivers acn't beat one on one matches.............plain and simple. Romo is holding the ball too long waiting for them to break open. Garrett needs to move TO around beat bumps and double teams.
I know they're being double-teamed but that's because they are running the routes I mentioned above ..

They are not really being double teamed as they are being 1.5 teamed because they run those short routes and that means the safeties can cover them and one or two other players as well.

Run routes downfield and at least you take two players out of the field of play. If TO is double-teamed and runs 5-15 yard routes across the middle all you are doing is keeping the middle of the field congested with defenders.

Coakleys Dad

The Re-Birth has begun.
Reaction score
Mr Cowboy;2328923 said:

I have not seen T.O. In motion once thi swhole game.

jackrussell

Last of the Duke Street Kings
Reaction score
I have no idea what the problem is.

All I know is when they used to drop back to pass, I got excited.

Now, I get sceered.

Paniolo22

Hawaiian Cowboy
Reaction score
I think it really goes back to our O line. Romo is NOT comfortable at all back there and then he is hearing footsteps so he gets rid of the ball sooner than he would like. Today is a prime example, more than 10 hits makes for an uncomfortable Romo.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
It's the new NFL - Don't have time to drop back and chuck it deep all the time. Defenses are on you too fast.

Austin/Crayton nice TD catches today. Thats good news headed into "the trading" deadline.

superpunk

Reaction score
I think the problem is that we're trying to go downfield TOO much rather than just getting the ball into the playmakers hands quickly.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nors;2329187 said:
17-4
up 14-7 and chicken littles still at it!
I don't care if we win the game 50-7 .. it still doesn't change the fact that the Cowboys are playing not to lose football and that may get us by in some games but it won't win a playoff game against a good team.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
dargonking999;2329312 said:
Right, 17-4, so therefore our coaching is worthy of praise right? They have no faults?

Please
You have to ignore him as his favorite team lost the Super Bowl last year ..