What is the deal with Bobby Carpenter?

Section446

Reaction score
What is the deal with Bobby Carpenter? Does anyone think the guy will ever be given a fair shot at being a starter? If he does not it is easily one of the biggest first round busts in this teams storied history.

I watched the guy play all through college and he was a beast, you don't just suddenly forget how to play the game.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
yep 4-3 i think he will be traded next year probably during the draft

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Scheme isn't the problem. He should be perfect for Zach's role.

He just isn't physical. He only likes contact a little more than Mike Jenkins. :eek::

SharutoX

I Love Quiznos
Reaction score
PaulH1083;2406046 said:
What is the deal with Bobby Carpenter? Does anyone think the guy will ever be given a fair shot at being a starter? If he does not it is easily one of the biggest first round busts in this teams storied history.

I watched the guy play all through college and he was a beast, you don't just suddenly forget how to play the game.

Ryan leaf did.

Section446

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2406093 said:
Scheme isn't the problem. He should be perfect for Zach's role.

He just isn't physical. He only likes contact a little more than Mike Jenkins. :eek::
That's what I was thinking, he isn't a 3-4 OLB but would be perfect in the middle.

dadymat

I'm kind of a Big Deal
Reaction score
i heard that once they find a cheerleader outfit that fits him he will be on the cheerleading squad..........

silver

Reaction score
he'll get a chance next year when thomas retires.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
PaulH1083;2406046 said:
What is the deal with Bobby Carpenter? Does anyone think the guy will ever be given a fair shot at being a starter?

By far, no player has been screwed over by the Wade Phillips era more then Bobby Carpenter. He's been given NO opportunity.

With the way James has been playing, a coach with anything even resembling "Cojones" would have benched him and put Carpenter in.

Section446

Reaction score
Rack;2406205 said:
By far, no player has been screwed over by the Wade Phillips era more then Bobby Carpenter. He's been given NO opportunity.

With the way James has been playing, a coach with anything even resembling "Cojones" would have benched him and put Carpenter in.
Yeah, James has really taken a step back this season and Thomas has been less than impressive in my opinion.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Funny Parcells and Phillips both see no role for Carpenter.

It is what it is he is a bust.

Section446

Reaction score
Nors;2406276 said:
Funny Parcells and Phillips both see no role for Carpenter.

It is what it is he is a bust.
Then he'll be the first player in NFL history to be labeled a bust without having ever played.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
PaulH1083;2406046 said:

Funny, I watched him in college too and saw the exact same thing that he is now

A non physical player who struggled to shed blocks and had lots of ankle tackles (which leads to missed tackles/bad angles in pros)

The guy is not a 3-4 LB for sure, he is best suite for a 4-3. But even so, alot of his success was due to playing alongside AJ Hawk in the middle. The guy had so many plays run right at him.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
NextGenBoys;2406281 said:
Funny, I watched him in college too and saw the exact same thing that he is now

A non physical player who struggled to shed blocks and had lots of ankle tackles (which leads to missed tackles/bad angles in pros)

The guy is not a 3-4 LB for sure, he is best suite for a 4-3. But even so, alot of his success was due to playing alongside AJ Hawk in the middle. The guy had so many plays run right at him.

I wonder. That's what I suspect. I don't see him trying very hard at times. I just don't know what his problem is. If he goes elsewhere and becomes a decent starter or more then we'll know we squandered his talent. If not then we'll know.

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
If you can play him in a 4-3 and play him next to a guy named Ken, he will fit right in.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
bobby is an outside linebacker..plain and simple.

anyone on here who watched the seattle playoff game would remember he flat out dominated in that game.

bobby is not a bust....he should have beeen on the field instead of ellis all this time.

greg ellis has been nothing but an average de for us since the day we drafted him.

he is a 4-3 outside lb just rotting away on our bench.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
As AZ once said...

Visualizin the realism of life and actuality
**** who's the baddest a person's status depends on salary
And my mentality is, money orientated