CZ POLL What is the max per year average contract amount you would offer Dak?

What is the max per year average contract amount you would offer Dak?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
The PR blitz that Todd and Dak have enforced is truly impressive!
From Reporters nationwide to social media the greatness of Dak is sold daily with a vengeance.
The Dak issue has also taken other flavours that really have zero to do with the game of football.
Here's hoping Jerry hangs tough and does what is evident to all non-biased fans.....release Prescott and move on!
And yet YOU BUY INTO IT!!

Brilliant!

:lmao2:

Paradox

Reaction score
Anyone that voted $25-29 million or $30-34 million are essentially voting to "let him leave" because he'll never sign for those amounts. I also don't think we could get him for $35-39 without the tag.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
I thought it would be interesting to gauge where Cowboys fans stand at the moment on Dak's contract negotiations.

So, what is the max per year average contract amount you would offer Dak?

I wouldnt give Dak much more than a good backup QB contract. That means 4-5 mils/anno.

It does not mean i view him not as a starting caliber QB. But he is not a QB who is able to win you a Championship in the NFL even when surrounded with elite talent.
So every contract that pays him starter money is way too much for him.

kskboys

Reaction score
That's insane. I can get if someone says he isn't top 10 but to say he isn't good and isn't worth 25 million a year is absolutely a personal problem they have with Dak. Nobody that knows anything about football would agree that Dak is terrible and isn't worth the lowest of salary for a starting QB.
They've offered 35/year, so I don't understand where the 25 is coming from.

RoboQB

Reaction score
Oh really? Can you show me the details of the contract so I can see the fairness for both sides?

I'd say 5 years $175M with over $100M guaranteed was fair for both sides.
He should've signed it when it was offered. I bet he has lost sleep over that
decision.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Anyone that voted $25-29 million or $30-34 million are essentially voting to "let him leave" because he'll never sign for those amounts. I also don't think we could get him for $35-39 without the tag.

There are only 2 quarterbacks currently who get over $35 mil a year average - Mahomes and Watson per Sportac, so I could see Dak taking something in the $36-39 range, it would place him above guys like Wilson and Rodgers, guys who have won a SB. Mahomes has won 1 and been to 2, so it'd be hard for Dak to say he's worth what Mahomes gets, imo.

But we'll see...

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Let him leave
Let him set his value with the non exclusive tag.
So what if he has a say in where he wants to go, thats the greatest leverage ever for this franchise.
Go set your value Dak, see how many teams are willing to cough up two 1s and take your contract.
I bet there would be a couple at least out there,, and if Dak says no.
That market is gone.
Best leverage move this franchise could make, sets his value, and no longer a hostage take all move by France and Dak.
Go set your value Dak, and then we can talk.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
This team can’t win with bad contracts like Zeke, Jaylom, and paying too money for an offensive line that is falling apart. Management couldn’t even take advantage of Dak when he was only making $465k a year.
Management couldn’t even take advantage of Dak when he was only making $465k a year........ This is a key to why they should not sign dak to big deal,
and also why it doesnt matter if they do LOL.
People still think that Dallas can win a sb with dak, in next few years, paying him 40 mil a year, but if they could not get past div round when he was
dirt cheap , how are they going to win anything now or in near future ???????

Also when dak was dirt cheap, we had a very good OL, and ewok was better than he is now. And even the defense was better then.
The only thing better now is the wr's and TE's.

Better to just face facts, dallas cowboys missed the whole 4 year window with a cheap dak ! All they could muster was get to div round twice and lose.
That window is now gone!
The only way to open a new window is get a new cheap QB, and this time actually spend some money on FA defenders and take a shot.

Cowboys just threw away cap money on ewok, and swiper ! And now they will probably spend more on DAk.
I think they just about have to tag dak and play him again this year, they can use either tag, and at least they will be competitive.
But I dont see them getting past div round anytime soon.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
It's always interesting how loud the Dak haters are when they're 16.5% of the forum members. Just the same 3 dudes screaming into the void lol
it is actually only 53% saying keep him and pay him.
the rest are saying if he wont take this low amount let him leave , and dak would not take 35 mil or less so he would be leaving.
and only 13 % are saying pay him whatever it takes to keep him, which is less than the 16% who dont want him at all.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
5 years, 175 mil/110-120 mil guaranteed.
That's not the details. Need a link to show the details otherwise you can't determine if its fair for both sides. I'll give you a hint, there are no details and there is nothing from either Daks side or Jerry's side that proves this deal was ever offered. Just talking head speculation. You've been sucked. No surprise.

kskboys

Reaction score
That's not the details. Need a link to show the details otherwise you can't determine if its fair for both sides. I'll give you a hint, there are no details and there is nothing from either Daks side or Jerry's side that proves this deal was ever offered. Just talking head speculation. You've been sucked. No surprise.
As usual, you stoop to cheap insults. I feel sorry for you.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
At this point I don't much care, either get the d*** thing done, or move on. But make up your Fn minds
I am thinking this may go on until right at june deadline. I dont think dak will sign a tag till then. There will be no contract signed.

blueblood70

Reaction score
57 votes for let him leave..crazy

im at 35 max or im NETAG him and see what his true market is and if its a ton f firsts for him at 40+ im trading him to highest firsts offered..

Status
Not open for further replies.