What is the most embarrassing loss of the Garrett era?

visionary

Reaction score
Here is a refresher (I bolded the ones that stand out to me):

2011 Jets - Romo fumble on the goalline, block punt TD, then lose on a Nick Folk (just cut) kick.

2011 Lions, Up 24 points in the 3rd Q yet Garrett has Romo slinging the ball and he throws 2 pick sixes to start the second half.

2011 Patriots - Running the ball 3x with 4 minutes left in the game and punting back to Tom freaking Brady who drives down the field for the game winning TD.

2011 Cardinals - Icing our kicker on the GW field goal, misses the second kick.

2011 Giants - JPP blocks game-tying field goal.

2012 Seahawks - Get beaten to a pulp. Lee blindsided, nobody responds.

2012 Ravens - Abysmal clock management at the end forces Bailey to kick 51 yd GW FG, he misses.

2012 Giants - Go down 23-0 at home, Dez finger on backline endzone OOB.

2012 Commanders - Thanksgiving Day Massacre to RG3.

2012 Saints - Lose Wk 16 home game to hapless Saints which would have clinched the division.

2012 Commanders - lose Week17 winner take all on a Romo pick to the flats in the last 2 mins.

2013 Broncos - We score 48 points at home and have a QB who throws for 500yds and 5TDs and still lose.

2013 Lions - Calvin Johnson 329yds and Stafford QB sneak TD at the buzzer.

2013 Saints - Allow 40 first downs to the Saints (NFL record) & 625 total yards (franchise record).

2013 Bears - Team quits because of the cold.

2013 Packers - Matt Flynn coming back from 3 scores back in the 2nd half

2013 Eagles - Lose Week 17 winner takes division game at home.

2014 Eagles - Mark Sanchez Thanksgiving Massacre.

2014 Packers -Dez caught it but we gave up a 8pt lead to one-legged Rodgers.

2015 entire season - Go 1-11 without Romo.

2016 Giants - Terrance Williams inexplicably doesn't go out of bounds on GW drive, time runs out.

2016 Packers - Go down 21-3 in home playoff game, go pass-happy in RZ, lose opportunity at home Super Bowl.

2017 Broncos - Trevor Siemian turns into Dan Marino - 5 tds.

2017 Rams - Up 12 at home, McVay comes out of halftime and toys with Garrett for entire 2nd half.

2017 Packers - Rodgers slices and dices D in under 1 minute GW td drive.

2017 Falcons - Adrian Clayborn - 6 sacks, nuff said.

2017 Seahawks - Spend previous weeks destroying draft positioning only to lose home playoff-elimination game. Dez has crucial drop and fumble.

2018 Commanders - Snap infraction, Maher hits upright on GW field goal.

2018 Colts - Bullied for 4 quarters by Eberflus' defense.

2018 Rams - Give up nearly 300 yds rushing, lose to 2nd year head coach.

2019 Saints - Can't win w/out Brees

2019 Packers - Can't win w/out Davante Adams

2019 Jets - Lose to 0-4 team with a QB returning from mono.

2019 Vikings - Can't win w/out Thielen & Joseph. Choke away GW drive near GL.

2019 Patriots - One missed FG, one blocked punt, delay of game on punting unit, illegal shift on punting unit, three miss handled kickoff.

so many MOST EMBARRASSING ones that it is tough to pick just one

I’ll let Garrett’s #1 apologist (@Idgit ) pick the one he enjoyed the most because he has enjoyed the mediocrity Garrett has brought day in and day out for the last 10 years

:lmao:

king987

Reaction score
That 2017 Falcons is pretty darn infuriating. Just Chaz Green get absolutely destroyed and the team does absolutely nothing to resolve the issue for the majority of the game? I just remember my blood boiling.

perrykemp

Reaction score
2013 Packers game where they were ahead 26-3 to a backup QB (Flynn) and decided to almost entirely air it out in the 2nd half.

That was the game, at least for me, that I turned on JG and realized he was never going to be good coach.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
The 2016 playoff loss to Green Bay where we came out flat. That was also the illegal huddle game.

There was some really bad clock management at the end, but I can’t remember exactly how it went.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Looking at all of these examples in this thread, makes you realize that Garrett is still hasn't learned much as a head coach at all. One of his biggest talking points after every loss is "learning from our mistakes and moving forward." But the list of the most humiliating losses in the Garrett era proves how Garrett is still making the same mind numbing coaching blunders years and seasons later. So, if he hasn't learned by now then the chances are slim that he'll ever learn.

In past seasons the team has stepped up and managed to string off wins just when Garrett is on the hot seat the most. But, I believe that his luck is about to run out in that department and the team will be unable to save his job this time.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
so many MOST EMBARRASSING ones that it is tough to pick just one

I’ll let Garrett’s #1 apologist (@Idgit ) pick the one he enjoyed the most because he has enjoyed the mediocrity Garrett has brought day in and day out for the last 10 years

:lmao:

Take a look at any of the big wins. He gets credit for any and all of them. Just like any coach.

Are we supposed to be pretending this is hard just because the echo chamber wants it to be?

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Ten years two playoff victories and 35 embarrassing losses. Welp guess that's what happens when you fail to build a competitive defense. Ten years of defensive suckanuity.

visionary

Reaction score
Take a look at any of the big wins. He gets credit for any and all of them. Just like any coach.

Are we supposed to be pretending this is hard just because the echo chamber wants it to be?

Thx buddy

I’m sure you’re taking comfort in all the mediocrity you are continuing to enjoy

You’re already a running joke on CZ, I’m just helping you define yourself even more

Sleep well in that “I love you Garrett “ onesie

:thumbup:

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thx buddy

I’m sure you’re taking comfort in all the mediocrity you are continuing to enjoy

You’re already a running joke on CZ, I’m just helping you define yourself even more

Sleep well in that “I love you Garrett “ onesie

:thumbup:

You’re welcome! Happy to answer any stupid question you can come up with.

And thanks for helping with my definition. I get three likes for every one you get, and have never teetered on the border of a permaban for delivering so little to the community, so I don’t exactly have your perspective, but it’s always nice to get a temperature check from one of the disgruntled foot soldiers, so thanks for sharing your $.02.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Has to be 2011 Cardinals Game where Garrett iced the kicker. Only because that loss cost us a playoff birth and allowed the giants to sneak into the playoffs and win a SB. Being from NJ it was very difficult to deal with. Thanks Garrett don't let the door hit you

Hennessy_King

Reaction score

And thanks for helping with my definition. I get three likes for every one you get, and have never teetered on the border of a permaban for delivering so little to the community, so I don’t exactly have your perspective, but it’s always nice to get a temperature check from one of the disgruntled foot soldiers, so thanks for sharing your $.02.
It's amazing how you talk to ppl on here. Then go cry to reality when someone calls you out. Lol just shows your integrity as a man.

phildadon86

Reaction score

Do you honesty think Garrett is a better option than Urban? Being serious.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Do you honesty think Garrett is a better option than Urban? Being serious.

I like Meyer as an option. Though I have my doubts about his ability to work well with Jerry. He’s a great coach.

phildadon86

Reaction score
I like Meyer as an option. Though I have my doubts about his ability to work well with Jerry. He’s a great coach.
Fair enough. I think Jerry is at the point in his life where he will cede control again. Just my opinion.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Fair enough. I think Jerry is at the point in his life where he will cede control again. Just my opinion.

I could see that. I worry more about him saying he will and then meddling anyway. I don’t believe he can really help himself.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
Notice too some of worst seasons we’ve had to suffer ...2011,17 now 19. He’s the king I tell you..

cowboysfan99

Reaction score
That 2011 Lions loss really irritated me, but the 2016 playoff loss to the Packers was the one that completely broke my spirit. I just haven't been able to care since then because I know Garrett's ceiling is the divisional round and for some inexplicable reason he is still here 3 years later. He shouldn't have even been coaching after the 2015 season. Looking at that list I can say the defenses have been horrendous throughout his tenure.