What is the oldest working mechanical thing you use?

InTheZone

Reaction score
I don't have any ancient items, but my nitro rc cars that I currently use are 18+ years old and that is old for this hobby.

Winonesoon

Reaction score
It is a Golden Jubilee. I paid 4.5k for it 20 years ago. A strong runner with fresh paint. Still a strong runner but the paint isn't so fresh.
Its an art piece at this point. don't give it away. People will pay you good money for that girl. Congrats. one year wonder.

Winonesoon

Reaction score
At 14, I was a janitor in a Daycare... my first job. Discovered they were actually very easy to control. Tilt slightly forward to to go left and slightly backward to go right. After about 15 minutes the first time, you can make that thing sing... and you can go really fast with it once you're in the rhythm...
Good Lord where have you been my cynical brethren. You need to balance @Risen Star more.

jsb357

Reaction score
for a brief time I was in possession of a 61' Gibson SG Junior with original hard shell case.

circumstances changed once I became aware of the value and decided to turn it for a profit
since I had no personal / emotional connection to this particular pawn shop find.

I have a couple other guitars that mean far more to me.

This is the oldest mechanical thing I own that sees regular use. 1979 MB 300D

my300d.jpg

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I've got two a steel and a nylon both circa 1975 made in Connecticut!!
Sadly, that factory is gone. I don't know if Ovation still makes guitars, but they don't do it in New Hartford anymore. I still deliver to that factory once in a while, but it's Hamer Guitars now.

catiii

Reaction score
for a brief time I was in possession of a 61' Gibson SG Junior with original hard shell case.

circumstances changed once I became aware of the value and decided to turn it for a profit
since I had no personal / emotional connection to this particular pawn shop find.

my300d.jpg
Immaculate!!!

Hoofbite

Reaction score
I don’t really use my old stuff for fear of breaking it. Guess it’s because of sentimental value. Was my grandfather’s stuff. Doesn’t quite make sense, I suppose. Working or broken, what’s the difference if it’s never turned on?

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score

my300d.jpg

Nice.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Interesting topic.

Trying to think of a few. For the longest time I had a fan that was passed down to me from my dad. He bought it for his my mom while he was stationed in Hawaii when she came to visit. She was from Maine so the tropical heat was a bit much for her.

That fan was probably 45 years old by the time I got rid of it, but was still running.

I also have a ton of his tools that were passed down to him from my grandfather, so we’re talking 50-60 year old tools.