CZ POLL What is your confidence level of the Cowboys front office right now?

What is your confidence level of the Cowboys front office right now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

starfan1

Reaction score
I didnt have a ton of faith in anyone not name Will Mcclay long before the Tyron news. That said I like the timliness of polls. If this poll nets anything but no confidence Id be surprised. similarly last year right after the san fran loss someone started a dak poll and not surprisingly it netted numbers that suggested things were Daks fault because people were emotional. Now dak does have some fault dont get me wrong but timing of polls sometimes skew numbers

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was somewhat confident on certain areas and situations, but not all of them. But the OL depth as we know has been talked about since January.
And with the injury to Tyron (again) it takes me down to not confident. As it should have been addressed long ago.

However, can they or will they go do something about it and bring that back up some. But I am not counting they will do so. They sit on the hands too much and are not proactive.
Heck, they may still sit on their hands and not even be reactive.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
0 DTs or FSs drafted in the first round in 26 years. 0 QBs in 32.

5 1sts on WRs, 2 on RBs, 4 on LBers, and 7 traded away since the last title.

There’s no indication this won’t continue. This is where my gripe would be. If they prefer the draft over FA, why are they not drafting vital positions?

Sydla

Reaction score
They take unnecessary risks, often placing more value in young players they acquired rather than admit reality and bring in a vet or two to given them some insurance. Look at OT. They went into camp knowing that Tyron Smith was an injury risk and instead of bringing in a quality backup OT in FA, they decided they would roll with Ball and Waletzko, two young guys with zero experience. But hey, Jerry drafted them so they must be good.

Womp, womp.

They are also doing that at WR. They knew Gallup would miss at least 3-4 games. They brought in Washington who promptly got hurt. Instead of bringing in a decent vet, and there are options out there, they again think their superior drafting and UDFA acquisitions is all they need.

Sydla

Reaction score
0 DTs or FSs drafted in the first round in 26 years. 0 QBs in 32.

5 1sts on WRs, 2 on RBs, 4 on LBers, and 7 traded away since the last title.

There’s no indication this won’t continue. This is where my gripe would be. If they prefer the draft over FA, why are they not drafting vital positions?

I'll agree with you on DTs. That's bizarre. And the QB thing isn't that big a deal because they largely have gotten lucky with Romo and Dak. They also have invested 4 first rounders in 10 years on OL - Smith, Smith, Frederick, Martin - which I would say are vital positions, right?

Drafting isn't really their issue. Sure, they arent perfect but they don't suck at it. They fail in FA. They fail in admitting mistakes. They are too loyal to guys they drafted. I think they undervalue certain positions (DT) and overvalue others (TB). Those are my gripes.

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
Look I will be the first to state that I am not an NFL professional. I do not have any experience in the NFL, rather it’s player, coach, scout or front office, but what I do know is that if you want to be successful in anything, you have to be totally all in. With that said, there is no way in *e** that this team should have 21 million dollars in cap space when it has needs.

That is all!

Status
Not open for further replies.