What Jerry could do

Mannix

Reaction score
My worst fear is once Jerry realizes he has to make a change, he figures out the best plan to hire another puppet instead of going after a real candidate. This could easily be done by canning The Clapping Carrot after game 13, and letting someone on the current staff coach the last three (3) games against very mediocre teams....then hope the person goes 2-1 or 3-0 and we look halfway decent.

I change my mind....my worst fear is that The Clapping Carrot if around finishes on a high note going 3-0, giving Jerry a reason to think things are looking up.

Hell, I don't know.....I'm just scared as hell that if he does make change it won't be someone who REALLY gets the base excited. I'm just tired of this crap!!!

Big_D

Reaction score
My worst fear is once Jerry realizes he has to make a change, he figures out the best plan to hire another puppet instead of going after a real candidate. This could easily be done by canning The Clapping Carrot after game 13, and letting someone on the current staff coach the last three (3) games against very mediocre teams....then hope the person goes 2-1 or 3-0 and we look halfway decent.

I change my mind....my worst fear is that The Clapping Carrot if around finishes on a high note going 3-0, giving Jerry a reason to think things are looking up.

Hell, I don't know.....I'm just scared as hell that if he does make change it won't be someone who REALLY gets the base excited. I'm just tired of this crap!!!

Time to just end this charade. The next guy won’t get a dozen years and Jerry won’t treat him like some long lost stepson! This situation really can’t get anymore ridiculous than it already is!

Creeper

Reaction score
The only move Jerry can make that will improve the Cowboys chances of becoming a contender again is to fire himself as GM and hire an actual football guy to assume that role. I have no doubt a real GM would look at the coaching staff and make some major changes. This assume that Jerry would give up running the team and give the GM full responsibility for hiring and firing decisions.

But we all know this is never going to happen. Jerry will be the GM until an act of God intervenes and then his son will replace him - and I am not sure that is any better.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Time to just end this charade. The next guy won’t get a dozen years and Jerry won’t treat him like some long lost stepson! This situation really can’t get anymore ridiculous than it already is!

If nothing else, absolutely nothing else, inspires hope, that does.

The next guy will not be some extended family member who will be gifted a job he doesn't derserve.

He will also not be given far too many chances when he fails.

And he will be judged on his merits and not some "dream scenario" in the owner's mind.

Big_D

Reaction score
If nothing else, absolutely nothing else, inspires hope, that does.

The next guy will not be some extended family member who will be gifted a job he doesn't derserve.

He will also not be given far too many chances when he fails.

And he will be judged on his merits and not some "dream scenario" in the owner's mind.

I really don’t even care who it is at this point. Just end this garbage and there’s hope before you even hire a new coach.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I really don’t even care who it is at this point. Just end this garbage and there’s hope before you even hire a new coach.

That's first on the list for sure, but I do care who the next hire is.

If it's a retread and someone Jerry knows who signs and average contract. We're in for more of the same.

If it's something else, and the richest team in sports is actually paying a head coach that way, my hope will be restored for a while.

Big_D

Reaction score

If it's a retread and someone Jerry knows who signs and average contract. We're in for more of the same.

If it's something else, and the richest team in sports is actually paying a head coach that way, my hope will be restored for a while.

Just get rid of Garrett and find an experienced coach who hires his own staff and knows how to run an offense. Instead of doing something moronic like promoting Linehan or Moore. Jerry’s still Jerry but right now I’m much more concerned with Garrett being gone. Then take the interview process seriously and find anyone else.

conner01

Reaction score
Jerry will hire a guy he respects
He respected parcels, Garrett and the rest
Think of who’s out there that jerry knows and respects and that the most likely scenario

Pants

Reaction score
I am almost embarrassed to say that my initial thought when reading the thread title and before opening the thread was "drink arsenic"

bad Pants, bad!

CapnCook

Reaction score
Jerry will undermine the next guy, too. And if it's someone who will impose their will to overcome the undermining, then Jerry won't hire them or keep them.

Find a better puppet, or live with the one you got. And as you ponder that, know that you are now thinking Jerry's thoughts, but at least you will have awareness of the lunacy.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
It can always get worse. Jerry could promote GingerSnap to "Gm In Training" and personally oversee his training. Then we'd be stuck with GingerSnap sinking us further down for at least another decade or so before Jerry realizes, GingerSnap isn't really good at anything actually football related at which point Jerry will retake control of GM duties. It could get so much worse that we would yearn for the old 8-8 days because we at least had most of a season with meaningful games. Just wait for that day when Jerry's grandson becomes our 1st round pick and given a record breaking 15 year contract to become our starter.

visionary

Reaction score
The only move Jerry can make that will improve the Cowboys chances of becoming a contender again is to fire himself as GM and hire an actual football guy to assume that role. I have no doubt a real GM would look at the coaching staff and make some major changes. This assume that Jerry would give up running the team and give the GM full responsibility for hiring and firing decisions.

But we all know this is never going to happen. Jerry will be the GM until an act of God intervenes and then his son will replace him - and I am not sure that is any better.

That is true but don't fool yourself, getting rid of Garrett is a HUGE HUGE step in the right direction. Garrett is proven and utter trash and is practically in the Jones family.

camaro69

Benched
Reaction score

The scary part for us fans is the uncertainty of knowing what JJ will do. He's not a football guy and seeks out help from old drinking buddies. People who have been away from football for years. It's how we ended up with Monte Kiffin. Please JJ just this once talk to Troy. Go sit down and Ask Romo what he thinks. We have players from the 90s team that love this organization and is still involved in todays game. Two of your former players are the best sports commentators in the NFL. These same guys played at a very high level on the field. They know who the top coaches are Troy is now involve in the college game. Why is JJ so heard headed and stubborn.

cowboyec

Reaction score
2 names I'd love to see on our sideline.
Chris Petersen,Washington.
Bryan Harsin,Boise St.

if Riley were to say no...Id love one of those guys here.

among NFL asst coaches...
John DeFlippio,Vikings O.C.
Matt LaFleur,Titans O.C.

CB61

Reaction score
I wouldn't that money on that lol

CB61

Reaction score
It can always get worse. Jerry could promote GingerSnap to "Gm In Training" and personally oversee his training. Then we'd be stuck with GingerSnap sinking us further down for at least another decade or so before Jerry realizes, GingerSnap isn't really good at anything actually football related at which point Jerry will retake control of GM duties. It could get so much worse that we would yearn for the old 8-8 days because we at least had most of a season with meaningful games. Just wait for that day when Jerry's grandson becomes our 1st round pick and given a record breaking 15 year contract to become our starter.
I think they should promote him to head of the cheerleaders he can be the first male cheerleader on the Dallas Cowboys,

DandyDon52

Reaction score

Mannix cant get scared ! He is supposed to figure out the problem and solve it in 60 minutes !!
So you better get busy.:muttley: