What makes me chuckle about the QB situation

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
Alot of fans are saying what dak will do and that dak deserves to be paid etc. Truth is we dont even know if the guy will even be the same and we are up here talking like he just completed a whole season uninjured.

I feel alot of fans are in denial about Dak and talking about his situation as if nothing has happened is just not normal.

Saying what dak deserves before injury is normal. Saying that dak deserves the same after a horrific injury is just insane, not knowing if this guy will even be able to play the same, consistently on two feet.

Imo dak is not worth what he was healthy and I think it is fair for dak to know that not only are the cowboys taking a risk, but they deserve a discounted wait & see approach with this situation.

And if dak is stubborn and disregarding his injury situation, then he can go elsewhere and allow another team to risk wasting time and money on a hope.

All of the "dak price just went up" is crazy talk. Imo there is nothing wrong with not risking dak this off season. And even if dak does pan out, cmon, we know that dak has hit his ceiling, so what are we really paying for? Not much.

Gaede

Reaction score
I actually agree, even though I want Dak resigned. As crappy as it is for Dak, the injury has to factor into the contract negotiations.

I don't agree that he's reached his ceiling however. That absurd to think when he was on his way to his best season ever, and he's still in his mid 20s

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
I'd like to know what Stafford and Watson, the two extremely expensive darlings of the week, have accomplished that Prescott hasn't.

If the knock on Dak is lack of postseason success, why not the same for the others?

They've accomplished nothing, and neither has Dak. The only problem is Dak wants to be paid like he's won the super bowl 10 times. I don't care what the other two QB's make - they don't play for Dallas.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Look, when it comes to what Dak should be paid or what he shouldn't...its irrelevant. ITs about what the Cowboys are willing to pay him. And he's going to get paid. I get the logic behind what you're saying. He's coming off a injury....he should play on a friendly deal...in a perfect world he gives us a home discount.

But let's real discuss the topic at hand here.......

This deal should've been done long ago. Dak should've been re-signed before Wentz and Goff. They didn't do it so now they pay for it. In the NFL or sports for the matter you don't get rewarded for incompetence. You rarely do. So the Cowboys screwed up on not signing him earlier? They have to pay that price now or let him walk. ITs that simple. There's no easier way to do this or no cheaper.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
They've accomplished nothing, and neither has Dak. The only problem is Dak wants to be paid like he's won the super bowl 10 times. I don't care what the other two QB's make - they don't play for Dallas.
Dak wants to be paid exactly what this inferior guys got paid. You don't get paid based on Super Bowls lol. IF you did Romo would've never been re-signed here.

NEODOG

44cowboys22
Reaction score
From a strict financial & salary cap ramifications- signing Dak is not in beat interest

We need to draft a QB and hope

Way to many other holes to fill to field a championship caliber team.

We can sign Dak and hope this 1 player makes it worth it or we can draft & sign FA to fill multiple positions......

Reaction score
It's called the "market".

Deshaun may not have won anything, but his contract has set the market for Dak. They are similar players.

You may not like the market, thinking it's too high. That's fine. Dak does not want to be paid like he's won the Super Bowl 10 times. He wants what the market dictates. And that's Deshaun Watson money who has accomplshed about the samw as Dak has.

You may not care what those other QB's make but I can assure you Dak agent does. That's what he uses to make Dak's case.

SackMaster

Reaction score
What I think it funny is that people keep referring to a broken ankle as a "horrific injury" like it is the 1950's.

We have seen several NFL Players come back from a broken ankle with much less time than Dak will have had to heal and be as just as, and sometimes more, productive as they were before. Even in positions where mobility is much more important than it is for QBs.

I know people like to point to Alex Smith's injury as the "rule", but his inability to recover had virtually nothing to do with the injury itself and everything to do with the mistakes made by the medical personnel.

Now if you want to cry about a contract that has not been even signed yet, go ahead. I refuse to speculate or discuss anymore as it is a complete waste of time.

All I am saying is that IF Dak regresses at all coming back in 2021 (regardless of what team he plays for), the chances of it having to do with his broken ankle is so extremely low that it is really approaching 0%.

Just sayin'

George

a legend in your own mind
Reaction score
Alot of fans are saying what dak will do and that dak deserves to be paid etc. Truth is we dont even know if the guy will even be the same and we are up here talking like he just completed a whole season uninjured.

I feel alot of fans are in denial about Dak and talking about his situation as if nothing has happened is just not normal.

Saying what dak deserves before injury is normal. Saying that dak deserves the same after a horrific injury is just insane, not knowing if this guy will even be able to play the same, consistently on two feet.

Imo dak is not worth what he was healthy and I think it is fair for dak to know that not only are the cowboys taking a risk, but they deserve a discounted wait & see approach with this situation.

And if dak is stubborn and disregarding his injury situation, then he can go elsewhere and allow another team to risk wasting time and money on a hope.

All of the "dak price just went up" is crazy talk. Imo there is nothing wrong with not risking dak this off season. And even if dak does pan out, cmon, we know that dak has hit his ceiling, so what are we really paying for? Not much.
Draft Trask from UF. Trade Dak.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

only fans in denial are trolls like you. Dak has made a complete mockery out of your grossly inaccurate predictions on how great of a qb he has become.

And you will be dead wrong again as dak is the text book example of a hard working leader that will do everything possible to make sure he is 100%.

Dak isnt going anywhere. All your crying about it won’t change that.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I actually agree, even though I want Dak resigned. As crappy as it is for Dak, the injury has to factor into the contract negotiations.

I don't agree that he's reached his ceiling however. That absurd to think when he was on his way to his best season ever, and he's still in his mid 20s
I don’t see how the injury factors in at all.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Dak is steamrolling the nfl and it started with rookie of the year. He was even in the conversation for MVP that year.
As much as you trolls can’t face the music, dak has made you look like like a football dunce.

Rayman70

Reaction score
HES NOT GOING ANYWHERE. Only way he does would be a sign and trade with the assurance that Dallas can draft the BYU QB , WILSON.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Look, when it comes to what Dak should be paid or what he shouldn't...its irrelevant. ITs about what the Cowboys are willing to pay him. And he's going to get paid. I get the logic behind what you're saying. He's coming off a injury....he should play on a friendly deal...in a perfect world he gives us a home discount.

But let's real discuss the topic at hand here.......

This deal should've been done long ago. Dak should've been re-signed before Wentz and Goff. They didn't do it so now they pay for it. In the NFL or sports for the matter you don't get rewarded for incompetence. You rarely do. So the Cowboys screwed up on not signing him earlier? They have to pay that price now or let him walk. ITs that simple. There's no easier way to do this or no cheaper.

Both the Eagles and the Rams did it and are now paying out the nose for it. The Rams had to give up a first round draft pick for the Lions to accept him and his ridiculous contract. The Eagles are trying desperately to dump Wentz because of his ridiculous contract. So, you are telling us we have to make the same mistake as the Eagles and Rams now since we didn't make the same mistake two years ago?

Maybe the Cowboys didn't make a mistake two years ago and Dak isn't all that. Maybe there are almost just as good options at a fraction of the cap-killing cost Dak is demanding. Maybe the Cowboys did not sign Dak because his demands were ridiculous.