What Marinelli wants, he gets

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Just because this team got places with bums at safety other teams have won Super bowls with good safety play.
Roy Williams 2002 was the only time Dallas drafted a S in the 1st round. He was a special impact player in college like Lott, Easley, and Berry. Other than that type of star player its a waste of a 1st or 2nd round pick to draft a S no.1 or no. 2 in a 4/3 D because the roles of FS and SS are so defined in a 4/3 D (everything is in front of you).

When Dallas went to a 3/4 D Roy Williams was lost because he had to carry coverage and the game was not in front of him to use his abilities and instincts.

Cowboys are still in position for Armani Hooker, Deonte Thompson, and some CBs are available which we really need with Jones, and Brown set for free agency. If they do go S, I like Armani Hooker.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Roy Williams 2002 was the only time Dallas drafted a S in the 1st round. He was a special impact player in college like Lott, Easley, and Berry. Other than that type of star player its a waste of a 1st or 2nd round pick to draft a S no.1 or no. 2 in a 4/3 D because the roles of FS and SS are so defined in a 4/3 D (everything is in front of you).

When Dallas went to a 3/4 D Roy Williams was lost because he had to carry coverage and the game was not in front of him to use his abilities and instincts.

Cowboys are still in position for Armani Hooker, Deonte Thompson, and some CBs are available which we really need with Jones, and Brown set for free agency. If they do go S, I like Armani Hooker.
Williams was good but like you said got lost in the scheme and the game transformed and he couldn't cover anyone. Look if we can still nab Gardner and hill plays well I'll be happy. Having a 6th round pick and heath starting at safety is.not good for a passing league when we have been one of the worst teams in ints

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Yeah - but unfortunately for us, Marinelli isn't always right.

Remember how pumped he was when we drafted Joey Ivie out of Florida? Yeah..about that....

True but I would think what a DC or OC wants they should get. If they are held responsible then they should have some input in those players. People have complained that Dallas has not addressed the 3 tech DT and now that we have all of a sudden it is but we need a safety. Ok I would like a safety as well but we addressed an area that was also in need of help