What more can Dak do to win some over?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The game was over that's the same reason why the Packers were putting out that pathetic offensive effort in an attempt to run out the clock. Or do you really think this defense was actually stopping the Packers after 31-3?
Smirky McDbag sure seemed pretty pissed when his offense was shut down, so yeah, I think the defense was actually stopping them.

EJK24

Reaction score
Was having a conversation with a friend, and we just wound up wondering out loud what more is there he can do? (other than win sb's etc)

Guys been practically on fire since Amari arrived, he's near the top in almost all statistical categories, (not just volume numbers) he's still running when need be, and he's attacking the middle of the field, and deep, when that was the biggest complaint. He's thrown plenty of beautiful strikes this year so far... so what else can he do? Honest question.

I think the biggest thing he can do is protect the ball better, which, in reality, most qbs probably could use help in this area.

I would like to see him use his legs more often. When he runs he brings another dimension to the offense that frustrates the defense.

I also would like to see him have better situational awareness. I know it cant always be avoided but he took a sack last week early in the game that knocked us out of field goal range. He was pressured quickly but he needs to get rid of the ball and get the three points. I hate seeing him take sacks that cost us points.

All in all, I really dont think Dak is nearly as awful as some people think. The thing that causes the most frustration is his soon to be contract that could really hurt us. The best in the league can make average players much better but I dont think at this point that Dak is that guy. I still like him but if he needs top notch players around him to be successful than he shouldnt be paid like a guy who can do without stars all around him.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
The game was over that's the same reason why the Packers were putting out that pathetic offensive effort in an attempt to run out the clock. Or do you really think this defense was actually stopping the Packers after 31-3?
GB wasn't running out the clock, they were passing the ball. Hence the reason the clock stopped on incomplete passes that helped Dallas not use timeouts. Not only that GB was blitzing and playing aggressive trying to keep Dallas from scoring. It wasn't garbage time, nice try though

madcow74

Reaction score
Stop being so greedy and stop throwing picks, learn to read the defense better, etc. etc.

How many years has it taken "the Holy rodgers" to do that? Remember rodgers sat on the bench for 3 years and wasnt thrown to the wolves as a late round draft pick in his first year

tyke1doe

Reaction score
It's not about expectations at all, judging QB performance simply off of team accolades highlights a true lack of football knowledge and knowledge in general.
Here we go with the "if you don't agree with my position, you don't know about football" troupe. That's so played out.
Second, it's not a standard we fans have set. It's a standard former players and coaches have set. I hear all the time that quarterbacks are ultimately judged on whether they take their team to the big game. It is one of the reasons there is a debate whether Philip Rivers gets in and why Eli Manning will likely get in.
You may not like it, but the standard has already been set.

You thinking Bradshaw was better than Marino doesn't justify this high horse perception you've put yourself on. As I said you can easily spot those guys from a mile away.
Now, THIS is a strawman argument. I never said I thought Bradshaw was better than Marino. But Bradshaw is in the Hall of Fame because of his Super Bowl appearances and wins.
Marino, by the way, appeared in a Super Bowl so your example kind of fits my point.
Now if Dak can carry a team to the Super Bowl or lead the league in passing repeatedly like Marino, then you'd SLIGHTLY have a point.
But, here again, most Dolphins fans can see that Marino was VASTLY superior a quarterback than Griese, who led Miami to three Super Bowls. No one except Dakophants would make the argument that Dak is even close to Aikman or Staubach, both of whom won multiple Super Bowls for the Cowboys.
So, no, pedestrian stats don't register as strongly as Super Bowl appearances. Check back with me if and when Dak has a career like Marino's. ;)

BHendri5

Reaction score
Was having a conversation with a friend, and we just wound up wondering out loud what more is there he can do? (other than win sb's etc)

Guys been practically on fire since Amari arrived, he's near the top in almost all statistical categories, (not just volume numbers) he's still running when need be, and he's attacking the middle of the field, and deep, when that was the biggest complaint. He's thrown plenty of beautiful strikes this year so far... so what else can he do? Honest question.

Comical. Dak has already won over the people that counts! He does not need to worry about winning over some fickle fans

ItzKelz

Reaction score

99-on-math-test-where-is-the-other-point-never-1406434.png