What of Kavon Frazier?

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
It appears to me based on the type of safeties the Cowboys have brought in (Berry and IIoka) that they are looking for more of a SS-type to pair with Xavier Woods.

Presuming that is the case, it’s curious to me we haven’t heard much (really nothing) with regard to Kavon Frazier stepping into that role.

I thought he was a bright spot on special teams and played well in his limited snaps with the regular defense.

The Realist

Reaction score
Given what he was used to in Seattle, I don’t think Richard is gonna settle for a JAG at SS. Could see them move up, maybe even way up for Rapp or Abrams.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Richard is all I'ma say...he has his guys.

Not saying Kavon is a star or nothing, but the man can tackle n enforce the run ...a trait this team could've used at times last year.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It appears to me based on the type of safeties the Cowboys have brought in (Berry and IIoka) that they are looking for more of a SS-type to pair with Xavier Woods.

Presuming that is the case, it’s curious to me we haven’t heard much (really nothing) with regard to Kavon Frazier stepping into that role.

I thought he was a bright spot on special teams and played well in his limited snaps with the regular defense.
Heath played with one hand in the playoffs and at the end of the regular season due to a wrist injury.

Despite the injury to Heath, Frazier played zero snaps against the Rams and 5 snaps against the Seahawks.

JBell

That's still my Quarterback
Reaction score
Frazier is a limited player. Doesn't have great instincts and blew coverages in limited snaps.

Getting a starter to replace Heath would be an upgrade at two positions. The rookie to replace Heath, and Heath replacing Frazier.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Frazier is a limited player. Doesn't have great instincts and blew coverages in limited snaps.

Getting a starter to replace Heath would be an upgrade at two positions. The rookie to replace Heath, and Heath replacing Frazier.
I didnt notice him on defense at all after he gave up that TD in regular season game against Seattle. Horrible angle in coverage he took, and that may have been it for him

RamziD

Reaction score

Do they even play the same position? Heath is more of a FS and Frazier a SS.

JBell

That's still my Quarterback
Reaction score
Do they even play the same position? Heath is more of a FS and Frazier a SS.
Doesn't matter too much as the 3rd safety.
I didnt notice him on defense at all after he gave up that TD in regular season game against Seattle. Horrible angle in coverage he took, and that may have been it for him
Yeah that was it for him. Besides the two games early in the year where he filled in for Woods, he didn't play much at all.

In 2017 the Cowboys had three safeties on the field quite a bit, but with Richard last year that package disappeared.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Doesn't matter too much as the 3rd safety.

Yeah that was it for him. Besides the two games early in the year where he filled in for Woods, he didn't play much at all.

In 2017 the Cowboys had three safeties on the field quite a bit, but with Richard last year that package disappeared.
Jones was basically a CB in those packages.

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
I assume right now It's
Woods
Lloka
Heath
Frazier

And Thompson. I think a safety in the first couple of rounds is almost a given and Frazier and Thompson are going to have to work really hard to make the roster.