What Saturdays games taught us moving forward

Silly

Reaction score
You could also say the OLine penalties killed any chance the Raiders had. You could also say the Raiders Dline got owned all game. Joe had clean pockets all game to pass out of. So Line play is very important!

I liked Devin Singletary. Speed and moves. He didn't seem to be attracted by the gravity of the defensive player like slow moving Zeke.

IslandCowboy

Reaction score
We have the better QB and are at home so let's see what happens. I am always critical of Dak but he is definitely better than Jimmy G. So we will see if this holds true.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
A few weeks ago the Pats had home field advantage throughout and yesterday they looked like Georgia could beat them. Glad BB got whooped…his system will be a miserable failure without a Brady…

That loss pretty much had nothing to do with the offense. Belichick's defense got stomped...couldn't stop Buffalo once.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Now I am not going to be as stupid as those that downgrade how great a coach BB was, we have seen that idiocy already here, but it might be time to wonder if he has burned out. All coaches do sooner or later.
Yep... keep drinking the kool-aid. Make up whatever excuse you want for what you are seeing, but three years in a row and pats are nothing special. You are simply seeing reality. Bill belichek will be just like other great coaches that no longer have a great qb. The difference in your argument and mine is I can actually point to coach after coach after coach as my proof, while you question if the greatness has become mediocre because said coach is "burned out."

GMO415

Reaction score
I would add- both teams that were behind at the end of the first qtr lost.
In other words, the team that gets off to the best start almost always wins in the playoffs.
Solid take Bullet. I was amazed at the NE stat that they have NEVER trailed in the half in over 44-45 games?

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
Both those teams were heavy favorites anyway, right? Hard to apply those games to predict the one today.

reddyuta

Reaction score
to me its shows the running game has to be factor,if our running game is a total dud like several games this year then we are in trouble.

CCBoy

Reaction score
163324qjuakg3n1t.jpg

Someone say something about a damn monkey?

8f1c4143936249.580230346edd4.png

603082b24b2ea0a9bfa793967202fc5d.jpg

Cowboys must stick to the script: Win! Win! Win!

Last edited:

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If y'all didn't watch any of the playoff games Saturday, let me tell you what happened.

The superior QB won.
The home team won.
All the analytics from the regular season doesn't amount to a baby bird dump now.

Apply all the above Sunday.

GO COWBOYS!

Somehow this will get flushed if the Cowboys travel to Tampa Bay next week.

blueblood70

Reaction score
First game - Field goals don't win games
Second game - TDs WIN GAMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope Dak and Co stick with the plan and score TDs, LOT'S OF THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
cinci kicked like 4 fgs so they do win games. All fgs no but they did kick many of them and kept the raiders in it,.. the raiders nearly pulled it off so that not even the narrative. raiders once again had far too many penalties and want a learn from Saturdays games,

easy want simple,

stupid penalty's and TOs lose games. there wasnt an edge in this game cince was not better, pretty even matchup, they won because the raiders simply had far too many mistakes. we win most of our games the ones we lost were close and lost over TOS and Penalties.

play a clean game and we win.

blueblood70

Reaction score
And thus it did.

No need to over analyze this.

not what i took from those games

easy want simple,

stupid penalty's and TOs lose games. there wasnt an edge in this game cince was not better, pretty even matchup, they won because the raiders simply had far too many mistakes. we win most of our games the ones we lost were close and lost over TOS and Penalties.

play a clean game and we win. they wont pout it in JG hands anyway so this wil be far different game then the Bills game..yes Josh went off and embarrassed BB and his team they looked unprepared and unmatched. this was bit of shock but wont be factor in our game. this isn't a heated division rivalry in game 3 rubber match and Bills and something to prove. THey played like they wanted to embarrass NE.

as much as our game will be competitive there isnt the bad blood and 3 games played.

so IMHO its about the team who makes the least damaging misteks.ie Penalties and TOs wins.

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
What I learned from Saturday's games;

1. Sitting outside in 5 degree weather doesn't look fun.
2. The home team with the better QB wins the game.
3. If you make stupid mistakes your chance of winning is rather low.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
It gives you an edge at QB, that's it.

Homefield should give you an edge which is why teams try and position themselves to get homefield in the playoffs. Homefield hasn’t been much of an advantage for the Cowboys during the regular season or playoffs.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
Don't overreact and think you're learning too many lessons from a game where one team had three chances to tie it from the 9-yard line at the end.

The Bills looked fantastic, but they were also incredibly inconsistent this season (Football Outsiders had them as the most inconsistent team in NFL history through the first half of the year, although they did settle down after that). This is a team that managed to lose to Jacksonville, after all. Again, don't overreact.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
It taught us that the Bills and Bengals have the best QBs right now not named Brady, Mahomes, or Rodgers.