What Saturdays games taught us moving forward

Flamma

Reaction score
I was surprised the Bengals held on for the win. I don’t think they have any chance going forward in these playoffs. Weak up the middle now with just 2 healthy DTs, and they had absolutely zero pass rush as a result.

I agree. They basically got to be almost perfect on offense to make up for it. Scoring 35-40.

Flamma

Reaction score
Homefield should give you an edge which is why teams try and position themselves to get homefield in the playoffs. Homefield hasn’t been much of an advantage for the Cowboys during the regular season or playoffs.

Speaking of home field, I'm pretty sure the Bengals had a shot at 1st or 2nd seed, I forget which. They didn't go for it. I've seen teams not play for seeding in the past. I never understood that.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Speaking of home field, I'm pretty sure the Bengals had a shot at 1st or 2nd seed, I forget which. They didn't go for it. I've seen teams not play for seeding in the past. I never understood that.

Cincinnati tried to improve their seeding but hit the skids with three straight losses the final month of the season. They didn’t intentionally lose those games.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
cinci kicked like 4 fgs so they do win games. All fgs no but they did kick many of them and kept the raiders in it,.. the raiders nearly pulled it off so that not even the narrative. raiders once again had far too many penalties and want a learn from Saturdays games,

easy want simple,

stupid penalty's and TOs lose games. there wasnt an edge in this game cince was not better, pretty even matchup, they won because the raiders simply had far too many mistakes. we win most of our games the ones we lost were close and lost over TOS and Penalties.

play a clean game and we win.
Well, that's all the Raiders could muster all day long was field goals when they were into the 20.......................

Motorola

Reaction score
If y'all didn't watch any of the playoff games Saturday, let me tell you what happened.

The superior QB won.
The home team won.
All the analytics from the regular season doesn't amount to a baby bird dump now.

Apply all the above Sunday.

GO COWBOYS!
Same applies today.
Eagles QB -1st playoff game; Buccaneers QB- his 46th
49ers QB and Cowboys QB returning from missing most of 2020; the latter is the better in 2021-22.
Steelers QB on his last legs; Chiefs QB has a few warts - but his talents will overcome them today.

Flamma

Reaction score
Cincinnati tried to improve their seeding but hit the skids with three straight losses the final month of the season. They didn’t intentionally lose those games.

As far as I know, the intentionally didn't play Burrow against the Browns. Did I miss something? Was he not allowed to play?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
As far as I know, the intentionally didn't play Burrow against the Browns. Did I miss something? Was he not allowed to play?

I believe Kansas City already had the number one seed locked up heading into the final week. Not sure if I’m winning the final week of the season would have improved their seeding any. Burrow got dinged up in week 17 and they decided to sit him the final game.

Flamma

Reaction score
I believe Kansas City already had the number one seed locked up heading into the final week. Not sure if I’m winning the final week of the season would have improved their seeding any. Burrow got dinged up in week 17 and they decided to sit him the final game.

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure when I fooled with that playoff machine they had a shot at #1 seed. If not, then definitely the #2 seed. Winning by itself, no. They needed help. Just like the Cowboys needed help to get #3 seed.

GMO415

Reaction score
Dallas was the only home team to lose.
Dallas was the only home team to score the fewest points.
Dallas was the only home team to be penalized the most.
Dallas was the only home team to rush for the fewest yards.

This looks like a coaching issue to me.