What snap counts from the 49ers game tell us about potential roster decisions

waving monkey

Reaction score
But you keep avoiding the questions.

What seat is McClay sitting on? And what results are you talking about?
Senior director of college and pro personnel. You know that.
Dak and I dont give a damn about your misguided opinion on Dak
Zeek if your missing on Zeek thats sad
JSmith
ZMartin
DLawrence
AHitchens that you completely whiffed on
Byron Jones
RGeogory if putting in the list thou its certainly debatable
Taco
Awuzie
Lewis
Woods
LVE
CWilliams
Gallup
How you have made your low opinions of this drafts known and I could care less,
I see a sharp increase in the talent though your looking for a turd to throw in every punch bowl.
We have missed on selection and theres not a club that doesnt.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
JSmith
ZMartin
DLawrence
Byron Jones
Taco
Awuzie
Lewis
Woods
LVE
CWilliams
Gallup
I see a sharp increase in the talent though your looking for a turd to throw in every punch bowl.

Yeah he's the 3rd guy on the totem pole. Sorry to make you look that up. Not a decision maker. He sits in the seat he's told to sit in. Off to the side. You'll see him if the war room cam pans around the room.

All you did was list a bunch of players. We all know who's on the roster. Then you said you see a sharp increase in talent. That's an opinion. Show me the results to prove that.

You got McClay sitting in a seat he doesn't really sit in and being responsible for all this increased talent we haven't seen evidence of in the form of tangible results on the field.

Is this just a Go Cowboys! thing?

waving monkey

Reaction score
Yeah he's the 3rd guy on the totem pole. Sorry to make you look that up. Not a decision maker. He sits in the seat he's told to sit in. Off to the side. You'll see him if the war room cam pans around the room.

All you did was list a bunch of players. We all know who's on the roster. Then you said you see a sharp increase in talent. That's an opinion. Show me the results to prove that.

You got McClay sitting in a seat he doesn't really sit in and being responsible for all this increased talent we haven't seen evidence of in the form of tangible results on the field.

Is this just a Go Cowboys! thing?

That you and I disagree is a shock isn't it
Ya I did look up his title I wasn't sure
I listed the guys that McClay did his due diligence finding the pieces the coaches are looking for.
If his input doesn't suit you is expected. RS you are truly full of yourself. You think that's a complement.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
JSmith
ZMartin
DLawrence
Byron Jones
Taco
Awuzie
Lewis
Woods
LVE
CWilliams
Gallup
You see every off-season teams are interested in McClay. Risen is blind and won't see it but the rest of the league sees McClays impact.

Beaker42

Reaction score
the problems pertaining to dez and the surprising retirement of witten have nothing to with mcclay. we responded to both situations as best we could given the short amount of time to react. we also addressed problems with swing tackles. nothing better coaching can't overcome.

Ok, I’ve been waiting for “better coaching” since Jimmy left ...... gimme a heads-up when it surfaces.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That you and I disagree is a shock isn't it
Ya I did look up his title I wasn't sure
I listed the guys that McClay did his due diligence finding the pieces the coaches are looking for.
If his input doesn't suit you is expected. RS you are truly full of yourself. You think that's a complement.

I'm weird. I'm one of those guys who needs to see results before I say mission accomplished. "It just seems better" doesn't work for me.

Odd that you had to look up exactly what it is McClay does after talking about how much the roster has improved since he sat in the seat. It's almost like you don't know what you're talking about.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Any debate on the subject of who really runs this team and makes the final decisions is humorous. The only difference in this team now and then are the voices that Booger listens to but those voices only offer advice, they do not make decisions.

McClay, Son and the others have his ear and he will listen to them just as he did to Lacewell but then he will make whatever decision he wants to make because he can. This is a man that has admitted he went against his own geologists in the oil business.

When you look at the financial success of the Dallas Cowboys since he bought the team, who do you think gets the credit for that? He does. He's always had voices that he's listened to and doesn't live in a vacuum but whether you like him or not, and I don't, the fact is Booger is his own man more than any other owner and that kind of man is THE decision maker. And he will be until he dies or retires.

Do you think it was a coincidence that the first owner he sought out was Crazy Al? Al wasn't always crazy but he was toward the end and he still made the decisions. His son was around just like Booger's is but Al made the decisions.

McClay gets the credit if a player is good and Booger gets the blame if he's bad. That's laughable because not one person here knows for sure what the hell goes on or how many misses McClay might have made but to state his value with the number of job opportunities he gets completely ignores the fact that Garrett was wanted by two, for sure, other teams as HC.

Watch All or Nothing and just pay attention to the dynamic when Booger is in the picture. Then tell me McClay or Son is running anything without his say so.

zekecowboy

Reaction score
I believe we have gotten off topic. The point of the article is suggesting that players who are participating in a higher % of special team plays is implying that Dallas Cowboys are wanting to more likely make the 53 player squad.

We finally got to see the 2018 Dallas Cowboys in live game action. Now it’s time to look at some playing timedecisions and what they could tell us about the eventual makeup of the team’s 53-man roster. While many players are already guaranteed a roster spot, many are competing for a right to wear the star. We’ve divided the roster into three groups:
  • Those certain to make the team
  • Those competing for a spot
  • Those providing training camp depth with virtually no shot at making the team

The default category for a player is “competing” if their status could be argued either way. Also, while offensive and defensive snap numbers are informative, decisions on many of those competing for roster spots will come down to their ability to contribute on specials teams. Keep that in mind as we look at each position group.

Finally, once final roster cuts are made the Cowboys are likely to make a move or two. This could be trading a player not likely to make the Cowboys roster, trading for a player currently on another team or picking up a player who was cut by another team. All things to consider.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/201...game-tell-us-about-potential-roster-decisions

isawoj

Reaction score
So, in 6 snaps Jeune had 1 catch and drew a pass interference call. I'd like to see if he can get a PS spot, but probably too many guys ahead of him.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m guess is by trying to read meaning into snap counts in the first preseason game we would get more of it wrong than right.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What do snap counts in the first pre-season game tell us? That the regular season is four weeks away.

waving monkey

Reaction score
I'm weird. I'm one of those guys who needs to see results before I say mission accomplished. "It just seems better" doesn't work for me.

Odd that you had to look up exactly what it is McClay does after talking about how much the roster has improved since he sat in the seat. It's almost like you don't know what you're talking about.
No your not weird your an average fan who doesn't know enough about the science and practice of talent evaluation so you have
to wait till they prove it. Do you think scouts can do that when their writing up reports.
Of course mission accomplished isn't at that stage but talent acquisition is.
Be at peace grasshopper

cern

Reaction score
Ok, I’ve been waiting for “better coaching” since Jimmy left ...... gimme a heads-up when it surfaces.
Richard will be our dc next year. Lal possibly the oc. Garrett's on the hot seat. Can't say if his replacement comes from within or from outside the organization.