What the last 23 years has done to our fan base

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Bobhaze, Feb 11, 2019.

1. DeathMonkey

DeathMonkey Well-Known Member

3,923 Messages
    6,542 Likes Received
    I just know that I really dislike Jerry's dad. If it weren't for him, Jerry would own the Chargers and would be screwing them up, not the Cowboys.

75boyz, Bobhaze and kskboys like this.
  2. kskboys

kskboys Well-Known Member

13,268 Messages
    15,236 Likes Received
    I was much more of a rahrah believer type before the 09 draft. At that point, I started opening my eyes and seeing the clusterfudge that was going on.

I've become mostly emotionless about the Cowboys. Don't like being that way at all, but that's what Jerry has driven me to.

CapnCook and Bobhaze like this.
  3. kskboys

13,268 Messages
    15,236 Likes Received
    Yup, I remember that, Artsy, it was on the old boards. Sad.

ArtClink, Buzzbait and DeathMonkey like this.
  4. kskboys

13,268 Messages
    15,236 Likes Received
    We tried. He closed down his own board because he didn't want to hear it.

ArtClink and DeathMonkey like this.
  5. ESisback

ESisback Well-Known Member

3,608 Messages
    3,715 Likes Received
    Where’s all this rah rah stuff coming from?

6. Idgit

Idgit Riding the Red Rocket Staff Member

56,039 Messages
    55,320 Likes Received
    Rarely is anybody ripped for not being a cheerleader or not drinking koolaid. But the incessant whining is ridiculous. And 23 years with no championship is not an excuse for it. I wouldn’t tolerate it from my kids, so why would I give the benefit of the doubt for it to a bunch of grown *** men on the internet? Because they’d disappointed in the outcome of a game? Please.

windward, ColoCowboy and ESisback like this.
  7. DandyTom64

DandyTom64 Well-Known Member

255 Messages
    352 Likes Received
    I may be greedy but I wouldn't mind if we were adding toe rings if our hands were full.

8. 75boyz

75boyz Well-Known Member

753 Messages
    640 Likes Received
    I am extremely similar to what you have described here. I dont post more often because the other so called fans(especially those over 50)that lash out at anything negatively posted are more concerned with maintaining their nice guy images I guess.
    I mean really. Are the over 50 something's of Cowboy Nation truly reduced to personal attacks because negative factual posts upset their upbeat lifestyle so bad?
    Makes me truly question those of us Landry Cowboy fans standards.
    That's right I am a Patriots fan for saying this...my bad. I'll go back to lurking.

9. Melonfeud

Melonfeud I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe. Zone Supporter

19,339 Messages
    30,072 Likes Received
    LoL,,,concercerning that "what have the past 23 years wrought us fans/lowered expectations",,,:lmao:MAN ALIVE, I will admit to recalled actually getting all happy & upbeat after clearly witnessing our #4 throwing a leading the receiver open type of pass earlier in this past seasons play, although ,it was only an over the middle 5 yds past the LOS completion,,,,but, still, ya-know,it kinda' made me greatful in seeing that,,,:facepalm:

:starspin:o_O:starspin:

75boyz, Vtwin and RGV_C_Los like this.
  10. Bobhaze

Bobhaze Well-Known Member

4,111 Messages
    12,324 Likes Received
    Seriously? Whining? It’s just the truth of the last 23 years. How is that whining? It’s an expression of frustration. This post was an observation of what the last 23 has done to some of us fans. That’s not whining.

kskboys, dreghorn2, Dodger12 and 4 others like this.
  11. Legend

Legend Well-Known Member

686 Messages
    427 Likes Received
    For the past 23 years, I have been watching the Cowboys SB highlights like Al Bundy reminiscing about his football glory days.

75boyz and Bobhaze like this.
  12. Bobhaze

4,111 Messages
    12,324 Likes Received
    My eyes were opened when Dave Campo was hired...then kept for 3 straight seasons. Campo was a good dude and position coach, but no one could possibly think he was the best we could come up with at HC. Unless your owner is an idiot or crazy. Or both.

Then when the Cowboys lost in the 07 divisional game after the 13-3 season with the #1 seed....and in post game comments, Wade Phillips made his pathetic comments about excuses, I knew we were in for a long dark tunnel. That’s when I knew JJ was ok with mediocrity. When your FO makes excuses the players take notice. And mediocrity is winked at.

kskboys and 75boyz like this.
  13. Idgit

56,039 Messages
    55,320 Likes Received
    Your post wasn’t whining. Your post referenced posters ripping other posters for not being cheerleaders when that’s not at all what happens. People get tipped for whining about the state of the team, and rightly so. That’s not remotely the same thing as ‘not being a cheerleader.’

windward likes this.
  14. Vtwin

Vtwin Power and Performance

3,095 Messages
    1,725 Likes Received
    I suppose it depends on your definition of ripped but from my perspective it most definitely happens. Post a legitimate criticism of certain players or coaches, aka not drinking the koolaid, and the fangs come out.

Reducing it to being about "the outcome of a game" kinda misses the point of the op.

In fact, if you hold you head just right and squint a little, it can be seen happening in the post I quoted here.

Buzzbait, Melonfeud, kskboys and 4 others like this.
  15. Legend

Legend Well-Known Member

686 Messages
    427 Likes Received
    I was excited with the hiring of Bill Parcells in 2003 and the Cowboys 7-3 start after three straight seasons of 5-11.

75boyz and Bobhaze like this.
  16. Idgit

56,039 Messages
    55,320 Likes Received
    Find an example of a legitimate criticism getting ripped maybe so I can see what you’re getting at?

I’ll be the first to admit I rip on whiners. I think it’s cringey. I’d never suggest otherwise. But I rarely rip on an honest attempt at criticism of the team, if ever. I might disagree with it, but that’s what the debate threads are for.

Melonfeud and windward like this.
  17. Bobhaze

4,111 Messages
    12,324 Likes Received
    Ok...I guess where I differ is whatever fans think about the state of the team is cool with me. I don’t always agree, but their perspective is their perspective. The only thing I don’t like is people “correcting” opinions. I’ve needed correcting on occasion regarding facts. Got it wrong and someone corrected me. That’s cool. That’s appropriate. Correcting someone’s opinion seems odd to me for an opinion forum.

18. 75boyz

75boyz Well-Known Member

753 Messages
    640 Likes Received
    Maybe a Positive Zone could be created, a Negative Zone and even a Reality Zone for those 3 classes of fans. Reality and Negative Zones might end up merging together eventually but it would be a start, wouldn't it?

Bobhaze likes this.
  19. 75boyz

75boyz Well-Known Member

753 Messages
    640 Likes Received
    Individual perception and opinion can't be corrected.

Legitimate criticisms being ripped are pretty much the status quo around these parts but then again, that's just 'my opinion.' Others may disagree.

kskboys likes this.
  20. Bobhaze

4,111 Messages
    12,324 Likes Received
    I honestly enjoy many posters I disagree with. Some have even influenced my opinion to change. I like that. I love this forum because of the variety. There’s nothing more boring than a bunch of fans towing around the same party line opinions. Variety is the spice of life. The world is always better with differences!