What things do you say to your animal friends?

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
I have a cat named Eleanor Roosevelt. Here are things that I say to her usually when I get home. Post your ways of talking with your animal friends.

"Hello, cat. Hello, friend. I'm home. I'm happy to see you, nice friend. Yes, you're my nice friend. Did you miss me? I always miss you. You're my nice friend. You're my nice funny kitty cat. You little cats are funny. I like my nice funny kitty cat. [she rubs against me] Yes, you're a member of my cat family. Are you a hungry kitty cat? I'll make sure you have enough. I'm sure glad I have such a nice friend."

Okay, your turn. What kind of animal do you have and what do you usually say to him or her?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Had to put my cat down this past Sunday - he sat on my lap for the past 16 years - I talked to him like he was a person.
He was a person, one that loved you unconditionally as an example of how persons should treat each other.

Sorry for your loss and you might want to consider getting another to show your love and share your grief.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I talk to my two dogs constantly; however, they're Havanese and don't speak English and I only speak Michael Scott Spanish, put el in front of the word and add an o to the end. They get that look that Pam gets on her face a lot.

I am assuming, like myself, you ask your pet(s) questions. Even if I stand there, arms crossed and foot tapping and say "well, I'm waiting", they don't answer. So, just for the lack of cooperation, when I ask them what they want for dinner and they do not reply, I am feeding them the same type of food everyday. Want variety? Stop being rude and ignoring me.

Actually, it's probably a good thing they can't talk and the main reason I don't have a talking bird. My language can get a little risque and I would have to put them up when guests were here but on the plus side, it would be cool to hang out drinking and cussing during games with my male dog. I would never allow my furry daughter to use that kind of language.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
**$$y-**$$kin's

* Now, as far as the wild/ untamed type?,,, It wasn't but a few years back,that I was toolin' around south of Arrivaca Az. early one morning & there was a good sized herd of desert mule deer herded up 30 to 40 head strong, just browsing & meandering about,50 yards off the starboard side of the road,well, I just stopped the truck in the middle of the dirt road,got out& started walking & talking to them long earred desert mulies like they were my gun dogs, or folks you were knocking back a first beer with,,,man alive, I got within less than 15 yards of them b-4 they bolted & thunder hoofed off,,,it was a pretty cool attunement kinda' moment,,, but I used to walk up on em' out in the Midwest woods during steady drizzling rain days& knock em' dead with birdshoto_O

cowboyec

Reaction score
talk to my buddy "oscar" all the time.
call him "oskie" for short.
part daschund...part chi-wa-wa.
i watch the Cowboys.....he watches for squirrels.....hates'm......and the eagles,giants and deadskins....but he hates the bushy tails more.
doesnt understand why they seem to think they can breathe the same air he does.

Cowboys_22

Reaction score
A stray cat adopted me a couple months ago...she thinks her name is Leave-me-alone. She follows me around like a puppy when I go outside. She tries to trip me. She’ll hide and leap out in front of me. If I sit down outside, she jumps on my lap and gets comfy.

I named her Cat but she likes Leave-me-alone better.

When I go outside and don’t see her, I start looking for her. She’s become my buddy. ;)

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
A stray cat adopted me a couple months ago...she thinks her name is Leave-me-alone. She follows me around like a puppy when I go outside. She tries to trip me. She’ll hide and leap out in front of me. If I sit down outside, she jumps on my lap and gets comfy.

I named her Cat but she likes Leave-me-alone better.

When I go outside and don’t see her, I start looking for her. She’s become my buddy. ;)
Ha,Ha,Ha, you ought to cherish that friendship Amigo, as cat's tend to choose who they wanna hang with, after they once having gone rouge lobo, SHEESE, mine runs around like a hyper active dog at nite ,when I'm ferreting in groceries from the back of the truck to the kitchen & follows me in& out of the house ,,,it's pretty funny