What this team needs!

AKATheRake

Reaction score
You know what folks? We're always talking about which player we need to acquire or let go. Which coach we need to acquire or let go. What we need to do with our draft picks. What our owner should and shouldn't do. How we should handle this player and how we should have approached the game.

You know what? At times it's all very warranted and all necessary because we all want this team to be great and win. We're always looking for what needs to get done. Well there is one more thing that needs to get done and it is this.

The Dallas Cowboys need to learn how to play great games at the same time on both sides of the ball. Just solid games on both sides of the ball during the same game would do it, Period! I don't remember seeing this team do that in a very long time.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
dadymat;2474794 said:
how insightful.............

It's that simple my friend. As ridiculous as it is, it's that simple. Not very brilliant at all! Yet this team never seems to be able to do it. It's like a teeder todder every game. Either the offense is prolific and the defense is suspect, or the defense dominates and creates turnovers while the offense just gets by while giving up turnovers. This team just does not know how to play a complete game on both sides of the ball. For whatever reason, and I'm sure we can come up with many as fans, we just can't

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This team needs a better OL and an OC who is not adverse to running the ball more.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
I need to learn how to pick powerball numbers correctly.

Learning what you said just doesn't happen. You either do or you don't. Dallas be the don't

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The OP is right. The Cowboys have yet to show up on both sides of the ball when it counts the most. And don't get me started on special teams...

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Hoofbite;2474846 said:
Learning what you said just doesn't happen. You either do or you don't. Dallas be the don't

A Head coach who oversees the whole game plan and manages both sides of the ball's approach would be of great help. Tennessee is in no way the talented team that their record may suggest, but they have one hell of an overseer during the game dictating to both of his offensive and defensive coordinators. Instructing his coordinators of the approach he requires on their side of the ball to coincide with the current circumstances of the game that will make his team successful.

Absolutely, you have to learn it. It comes by learning it from someone, but that someone has to know it himself to influence it. Belichek, Coughlin, Fischer, Dungy, Gruden, Sparano are the type of 'someones" that seem to have it. Not sure, but maybe that Spagnuolo has it too. He's not obvious because he coordinates instead of oversees. Garrett see's his part of the game and Wade see's his part of the game. When the offense is on the field Wade isn't standing beside Garrett, not that he should have to, but he doesn't have a mic on either to communicate. How do these 2 communicate their approaches so that both sides of the ball are approaching the game to coincide in an effort to win the game together? This philosophy is not in Big D it seems.

Batman

Reaction score
In my opinion, what this team needs is for Jerry Jones to realize he is clueless when it comes to football knowledge and he needs to hire a good GM and let that GM do his job. This team needs a good coach he will not have to worry about Jerry meddling with things, and the coach will choose his staff as he sees fit. Until Jerry backs off, this team is always going to have some kind of problems.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
Boyzmamacita;2474868 said:
The OP is right. The Cowboys have yet to show up on both sides of the ball when it counts the most. And don't get me started on special teams...

There is nothing special about our special teams. :(

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Batman;2475038 said:
In my opinion, what this team needs is for Jerry Jones to realize he is clueless when it comes to football knowledge and he needs to hire a good GM and let that GM do his job. This team needs a good coach he will not have to worry about Jerry meddling with things, and the coach will choose his staff as he sees fit. Until Jerry backs off, this team is always going to have some kind of problems.

Jerry would just have one more person to meddle with.:D

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
AKATheRake;2474923 said:
Garrett see's his part of the game and Wade see's his part of the game. When the offense is on the field Wade isn't standing beside Garrett, not that he should have to, but he doesn't have a mic on either to communicate.

Hello?

amd_wadephillips.jpg

Don Corleone

Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2475050 said:
Jerry would just have one more person to meddle with.:D

That person would be a mere puppet. There would be no meddling involved. :laugh1:

MetalHead

Benched
Reaction score
AKATheRake;2474791 said:
You know what folks? We're always talking about which player we need to acquire or let go. Which coach we need to acquire or let go. What we need to do with our draft picks. What our owner should and shouldn't do. How we should handle this player and how we should have approached the game.

You know what? At times it's all very warranted and all necessary because we all want this team to be great and win. We're always looking for what needs to get done. Well there is one more thing that needs to get done and it is this.

The Dallas Cowboys need to learn how to play great games at the same time on both sides of the ball. Just solid games on both sides of the ball during the same game would do it, Period! I don't remember seeing this team do that in a very long time.

A lot of words,and not a single answer...is that you,Barry?

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
We need Wade to pull rank and coach the freaken offense. Yeah I said it and it makes sense. Wade needs to step up and take charge like a true head coach, or else he will go down in history as one of the greatest DC's pretending to be a HC to blow his shot at glory. All he needs to do is think of how he would shut down our offense (Besides letting Garrett do it) and play around that.:stetson:

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Sarge;2474843 said:
This team needs a better OL and an OC who is not adverse to running the ball more.

I will take one of each for Christmas.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
CowboyFan74;2475114 said:
We need Wade to pull rank and coach the freaken offense. Yeah I said it and it makes sense. Wade needs to step up and take charge like a true head coach, or else he will go down in history as one of the greatest DC's pretending to be a HC to blow his shot at glory. All he needs to do is think of how he would shut down our offense (Besides letting Garrett do it) and play around that.:stetson:

You got my vote. Whatever it takes to get the offense and defense coinciding to win a game equally. Garrett goes through no one on game day during his calls, I'm pretty sure of that. When Jimmy coached everything went through him during the game on both sides of the ball and he had Ernie Zampese, Norv Turner, Butch Davis and Dave Campo as coordinators. Parcells, same thing, even with Sean Payton and Tony Sparano as coordinators/assistants.

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
AKATheRake;2474791 said:

You know what this team really needs? To win games. It's that simple. :rolleyes: