What to expect from Moore

glimmerman

Reaction score
:thumbup: I think what would be even slicker, would be the screen pass to #21 & he hurls it back ,on the over pursuing coverage, passing it back to the #4 who'd rolled out wide right into an uncontested lane of the field for 20 yds+:starspin:
Let do it..

glimmerman

Reaction score
I feel he will, he actually had a good game vs the Rams with 6 catches for 119 this 1st 100 yard receiving game and he will need to continue to improve because your right Cooper will draw the double coverage
And if the Dak and Gallup connection steps up then what do they do. Opens the run game big time.

Dre11

Reaction score
It’s really hard to predict some teams like the rams because they use same formations to run many more plays
If I can predict half our plays just imagine a DC who knows lots more than I do
Later in the year I think it got better and just a new play caller will help some
Any man calling plays will have tenancies so Moore is gonna be a bit unknown
I always wanted Dez running more crossing routes. His physical style seemed a perfect fit for that, cooper has great RAC ability so short passes can be big gainers

You could predict the Rams too. If you watched them every week like we watch the Cowboys, Dez not being a discipline route runner limited him. Also the middle of the field was Hewitt area to work.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Whst do you expect from a first year OC. He obviously isn’t going to come out with a whole new playbook and if he does there would be a huge learning curve.

I do think there will be some wrinkles put in. Maybe more motion and misdirection used. They say he will bring in some fresh new ideas and JJ says that’s exactly what he wants.

With a fresh and hopefully healthy O-Line and a star RB playing in a contract year I hope he keeps the smash mouth element and stays run first. But wondering what you all think he is going to bring to the pass game.

He will be calling the plays and JG has no new contract and his job could be completely relying on how well Moore does.

I have heard more than 1 ex Cowboy WR saying Linehan ran the same pass plays and lined everyone up in the same formations. Even Cooper was getting tired of the same plays.

How much do you think he shakes it up in his first year.

They'll use the same nomenclature for play calls even if he had all new plays.

It will be as much or more about the details of the plays than wiz-bang revolutionary plays.

It also appears that he likes to "probe" the defense either with motion or by making note of how defenses reacted on previous plays during the game.

Example:
They run play XYZ a couple of times and notice that WR/TE/RB X was open both times deep but Dak had gone to his primary read on the opposite side. Moore will try to come back with the player that got open deep as the primary read.

conner01

Reaction score
You could predict the Rams too. If you watched them every week like we watch the Cowboys, Dez not being a discipline route runner limited him. Also the middle of the field was Hewitt area to work.
Not many teams stopped the rams last year, and we sure didn’t predict them well
Dez discipline is a valid point though

glimmerman

Reaction score
They'll use the same nomenclature for play calls even if he had all new plays.

It will be as much or more about the details of the plays than wiz-bang revolutionary plays.

It also appears that he likes to "probe" the defense either with motion or by making note of how defenses reacted on previous plays during the game.

Example:
They run play XYZ a couple of times and notice that WR/TE/RB X was open both times deep but Dak had gone to his primary read on the opposite side. Moore will try to come back with the player that got open deep as the primary read.
You mean actual communication..

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
I think the broad strokes of this offense will look very familiar. We've got Zeke, we've got Cooper, and so of course the offense is going to flow through them. Getting Zeke his weekly 25 touches and Cooper about 8 targets dictates half your offensive playcalls alone.

What I'm hoping for is improvement with the smaller things. If it's 4th and goal on the 1, and the play call comes down to giving the ball to Jamize Olawale or feeding Zeke, feed Zeke. Get rid of the 3 TE sets. Don't have literally three receivers running curl routes on the same play. It's OK to call a different play on 2nd and long besides a Zeke gut run. Fixing details like that would net a huge offensive improvement alone without the need for a total overhaul.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I think the broad strokes of this offense will look very familiar. We've got Zeke, we've got Cooper, and so of course the offense is going to flow through them. Getting Zeke his weekly 25 touches and Cooper about 8 targets dictates half your offensive playcalls alone.

What I'm hoping for is improvement with the smaller things. If it's 4th and goal on the 1, and the play call comes down to giving the ball to Jamize Olawale or feeding Zeke, feed Zeke. Get rid of the 3 TE sets. Don't have literally three receivers running curl routes on the same play. It's OK to call a different play on 2nd and long besides a Zeke gut run. Fixing details like that would net a huge offensive improvement alone without the need for a total overhaul.
And make us less predictable...

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He has to fix the red zone offense.

Zeke had 6 rushing TDs, if my memory is correct.

Dak needs a lot of RZ work also.
RZ and 3rd down conversions and staying out of 3rd and longs.

The hardest OC to defend is one that is unpredictable on 1st down.

visionary

Reaction score
Whst do you expect from a first year OC. He obviously isn’t going to come out with a whole new playbook and if he does there would be a huge learning curve.

I do think there will be some wrinkles put in. Maybe more motion and misdirection used. They say he will bring in some fresh new ideas and JJ says that’s exactly what he wants.

With a fresh and hopefully healthy O-Line and a star RB playing in a contract year I hope he keeps the smash mouth element and stays run first. But wondering what you all think he is going to bring to the pass game.

He will be calling the plays and JG has no new contract and his job could be completely relying on how well Moore does.

I have heard more than 1 ex Cowboy WR saying Linehan ran the same pass plays and lined everyone up in the same formations. Even Cooper was getting tired of the same plays.

How much do you think he shakes it up in his first year.

There will be some smoke and mirrors stuff in the first game or 2
Then reality will set in when he gets figured out and Garrett homies will be gleefully rubbing their hands together as Moores struggles will give them a convenient excuse

DanA

Reaction score

“It’s interesting because I actually had another stop route on that play and they were, if you were watching, really sitting on those stop routes,” Cooper said. “And I was like, this is ridiculous. So when I broke the huddle I was kind of mad and I was like, Dak, come on. And he was just like, just run it bro. And I guess he thought about it again and he kind of signaled a go route and I was elated when he did that. And I took off, caught the ball, and scored.” - Amari Cooper

We've seen at least four WR complain about being too predictable. I don't think a single Rams WR has raised the same complaints.

Cowboys1fan

Reaction score
Not be so much of a 1960s we don’t care if you’ve loaded the box with 9 players we will still try to run straight ahead..

I expect more creativity and putting players in positions to succeed by scheme rather than beating their man one on one

Dre11

Reaction score
Not many teams stopped the rams last year, and we sure didn’t predict them well
Dez discipline is a valid point though

Didn't mean they didn't know what was coming. Every team has film and know each other well.

Dre11

Reaction score
“It’s interesting because I actually had another stop route on that play and they were, if you were watching, really sitting on those stop routes,” Cooper said. “And I was like, this is ridiculous. So when I broke the huddle I was kind of mad and I was like, Dak, come on. And he was just like, just run it bro. And I guess he thought about it again and he kind of signaled a go route and I was elated when he did that. And I took off, caught the ball, and scored.” - Amari Cooper

We've seen at least four WR complain about being too predictable. I don't think a single Rams WR has raised the same complaints.

And your point? They were running what was working, as a coordinator, you run a play until they stop it. No player complains when they're winning, just as none complained here when the team was winning.

Dre11

Reaction score

Did you miss him saying this?

www.foxsports.com/southwest/video/1362861635578

Dre11

Reaction score

en-us/sports/nfl/amari-cooper-says-he-had-no-issues-with-cowboys’-offensive-scheme/ar-BBSEfeO

Dre11

Reaction score

https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/ww...-game-with-dallas-cowboys.html?outputType=amp

sbark

Reaction score
Belecik exposed Goff, if he can't show he's grown past coach talking him thru def looks up to the snap, Rams fall back toward the rest of the nfc offensivly

He has to shake the college system qb traits.....Mcvay has to take off the training wheels