What Tony Pollard’s Numbers Make Clear

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Bobhaze, Sep 21, 2021.

1. Diehardblues

Diehardblues Well-Known Member

40,162 Messages
    23,728 Likes Received
    Elliott has become the most over paid under until utilized top RB in the league. Ridiculous

2. Diehardblues

40,162 Messages
    23,728 Likes Received
    Oh, you misspelled the All Time leading rusher. Lol

FYI you get about 20 minutes to edit a post.

I’m usually not a stickler on grammar but misspelling his name is an embarrassing moment for a great fan. And why I thought you must be speaking of someone else.

gp_cowpolk likes this.
  3. Diehardblues

40,162 Messages
    23,728 Likes Received
    Of course. Pollard is a nice compliment but if he started defenses would snuff him out.

jnday likes this.
  4. Jarntt

Jarntt Well-Known Member

915 Messages
    995 Likes Received
    Why in the world do people on this board keep saying this and acting as if it in any way has anything to do with our current RB situation and even worse think it somehow means Pollard shouldn’t be involved in our offense. Its like people find a “go to” line and just throw it out there even though it is completely irrelevant.

gp_cowpolk likes this.
  5. Diehardblues

40,162 Messages
    23,728 Likes Received
    The big play stats are interesting but not usually a big stat line for an every down starter.

I’d be curious what other top RB’s in the league “ big play” stat lines are.

6. gp_cowpolk

gp_cowpolk Landry Hat

11,399 Messages
    17,568 Likes Received
    Typos are typos they happen that is why they call them typos Now I am going to get medicated and make more typos

7. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

59,975 Messages
    66,828 Likes Received
    No it’s not a different game.

We see scrubs with less talent than Pollard come in and do well all the time.

The best move is just let them split carries but if Pollard ever has to “carry the load” then Dallas will be more than fine.

Bobhaze likes this.
  8. Diehardblues

40,162 Messages
    23,728 Likes Received
    This is actually one of the better perspective post in this thread.

9. gp_cowpolk

gp_cowpolk Landry Hat

11,399 Messages
    17,568 Likes Received
    Pollard is a good running back and I like him. All I said is the situation is very similar

CowboysWillRise likes this.
  10. TequilaCowboy

TequilaCowboy Well-Known Member

1,683 Messages
    2,193 Likes Received
    Not only that, Zeke is no Emmitt. No knock on Zeke, just Emmitt was very durable, consistent and had that burst for a long time. Also wanted to be the best.

Bobhaze likes this.
  11. CowboysWillRise

CowboysWillRise Well-Known Member

15,230 Messages
    22,223 Likes Received
    We need to go with what is working and the one two punch is great right now. TP has more talent than Hambrick ever came close to. Unfortunately he came to a team with Zeke. That is why he's a back up. When he started last year he went wild. I wouldn't put a ceiling on him yet. This is what, his third year in the league? We don't know how he'd perform on an extended run, but we know he's excelled when given the opportunity.

gp_cowpolk likes this.
  12. Diehardblues

40,162 Messages
    23,728 Likes Received
    Zeke still has the burst. He’s just not bursting the holes or getting around the corner.

16 carries for 75 yards is a serviceable day. If he averaged 20 carries a game at that pace he’d have near 1700 yards probably leading the league.

I still think stopping Zeke is #1 goal of defenses. Our record when he rushes over a 100 yards is very good. But he needs closer to 20 carries a game.

HanD and CowboysWillRise like this.
  13. gp_cowpolk

gp_cowpolk Landry Hat

11,399 Messages
    17,568 Likes Received
    I was not calling Hambrick better than anyone just stated that the situation was similar and it is.

14. CalPolyTechnique

CalPolyTechnique Well-Known Member

19,933 Messages
    31,269 Likes Received
    Sounds like you’re saying Zeke is not necessary and no longer an offensive weapon.

Shots fired Bob….shots fired.

15. CowboysWillRise

CowboysWillRise Well-Known Member

15,230 Messages
    22,223 Likes Received
    Yeah I see your point. Hindsight and all, but TP seems to be alot better back. It will be interesting to see how the team handles it.

gp_cowpolk likes this.
  16. gp_cowpolk

gp_cowpolk Landry Hat

11,399 Messages
    17,568 Likes Received
    When he takes Zekes job away from I will accept it if he can. Right now we have both use them. And Pollard has been getting more playing time I like him at the slot receiver position

ESisback likes this.
  17. john van brocklin

john van brocklin Captain Comeback

14,046 Messages
    10,529 Likes Received
    Transition to the better player
    It's what good teams do

75boyz likes this.
  18. ElGatoGrande

ElGatoGrande EGG

8,177 Messages
    4,990 Likes Received
    I'd agree, and to add to that, Dak seems to have turned the corner on holding the ball too long trying to read the defense, he's making the reads and letting it fly. Opposing defenses might have to stop loading up on the run and daring Dallas to pass,,, which should make Zeke more productive.

Bobhaze likes this.
  19. ESisback

ESisback Well-Known Member

7,893 Messages
    8,247 Likes Received
    Thanks Greg. Nice to NOT argue!

Diehardblues likes this.
  20. ESisback

ESisback Well-Known Member

7,893 Messages
    8,247 Likes Received
    Maybe they’ll add someone next year.