What vehicle do you drive and do you like it?

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What car, truck, SUV, etc. do you drive daily and would you buy it again?

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Ram Laramie 1500 w/Hemi with all the options, leather, top notch rims and tires, even got a locking bed cover that matches the paint color. It has been to Maine and back and the the PCW, Cali and Florida. It is almost two years old with 50K miles on it and not one problem yet, the tires are still in great condition. I will for sure buy it again in 2020 or 2022 but might get the Longhorn next, not sure yet.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Currently a 2017 Audi A4 though my lease ends around January 2020.

Do I like it? My 2017 is my second A4 in a row. (the first was a fire engine red 2014) I've never got the same care back to back before. I'm likely to get a 3rd.

I've had Mercedes (two C300s, and an CLK350), BMW (3 & 5 series, and X5), Land Rovers (just an LR3), etc. While I liked each of them, each also had things I didn't like so much. (well, I really liked the 5 Series, but when it came to get a new one, they changed the body shape and I hated it)

With Audi. I find it's the best of both BMW and Mercedes worlds without the drawbacks. I likely won't ever get another Mercedes. They have too many quality issues.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
My daily driver is a Lexus CT200h F-sport one of my favorite cars I’ve ever owned.

My weekend driver is my Chevy 2500 4x4 lifted 7.5 inches on 37’s

1LoyalCowboyFan

Reaction score
2013 Honda Accord sport, bought it in 2013 when they rolled out the 2014’s. Got a deal. Only time I think I’ll ever by a car. It gets me from point A to point B. Never had any issues. First and only car I bought once I got a decent job. I have 50k miles on it. I’ll drive it til it won’t vroom vroom no more.

I don't drive it everyday as I have an irregular work schedule. I love it enough to not trade it in. I’d buy it again.

Last edited:

DallasInDC

Reaction score
Currently a 2017 Audi A4 though my lease ends around January 2020.

Do I like it? My 2017 is my second A4 in a row. (the first was a fire engine red 2014) I've never got the same care back to back before. I'm likely to get a 3rd.

I've had Mercedes (two C300s, and an CLK350), BMW (3 & 5 series, and X5), Land Rovers (just an LR3), etc. While I liked each of them, each also had things I didn't like so much. (well, I really liked the 5 Series, but when it came to get a new one, they changed the body shape and I hated it)

With Audi. I find it's the best of both BMW and Mercedes worlds without the drawbacks. I likely won't ever get another Mercedes. They have too many quality issues.

Agree that Audi stands above both BMW and Mercedes.. in both quality and comfort. My wife has a GL 450 and the airnatic system is crap... multiple components breakdown so they can charge you $2k each time... my son drives a BMW... their interior is so generic you might as well be driving a 2010 Honda. I just bought my youngest son a new kia soul and it's interior is more luxurious than the BMW. Despite the Kias crappy engine (which is perfect for a 15 year old driver) the Kia is a very comfortable ride.

John813

Reaction score
Think my favorite DD I've had so far is a Gen 1 Roush Raptor. Really debating on getting another one or going a different direction(fast in street performance for a suv/truck)

Got the wife a new expedition for her DD. That 3.5 and 10 speed is a good duo.

Ram Laramie 1500 w/Hemi with all the options, leather, top notch rims and tires, even got a locking bed cover that matches the paint color. It has been to Maine and back and the the PCW, Cali and Florida. It is almost two years old with 50K miles on it and not one problem yet, the tires are still in great condition. I will for sure buy it again in 2020 or 2022 but might get the Longhorn next, not sure yet.

The new Rams are great. Have a 2019 currently. Interior is very nice.

GMO415

Reaction score
2010 Merz E 350. Yes I like it . Almost time for a new one, because this one has 173k miles .

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
‘05 Evo VIII MR. Owned since new and will never sell it. Drag raced it, auto-x’d it, even had more than a dozen laps on the Nurburgring with it. It’s now just a garage queen after being my daily driver for the past 14 years.

2014 VW TDI Sportwagen. Daily driver, gets double the MPG of the Evo. Not a bad vehicle, just not very exciting. It’s a post “Diesel-gate” TDI, so I bought it used for 12k out the door.

2013 Toyota Highlander. Wife’s car. Man, that thing has unbelievable fit and finish. Real quiet, rides smooth, etc. It guzzles gas like a madman, though. Barely get 15 mpg with it.

DBOY3141

Reaction score
mine. 2014 F150 Lariat. Love it. It's been from NC to SD to key West. 78K miles.

wife. 2009 Acura MDX. She loves it. 148K miles. No issues. She's debating on giving it to our daughter who is in college and getting another MDX.

JIMMYBUFFETT

Skinwalker
Reaction score
2016 Toyota Tacoma double cab 4X4. I've only owned 5 vehicles in my life and all 5 have been Toyota Tacomas, so yeah I kinda like them and will buy again. Since my wife and I have been married (20 years) all I've ever bought her is Toyota 4 Runners and she's on #4 now. My son who's leaving for college this year is on his 2nd Tacoma. If I was making a recommendation I'd recommend Toyota :D.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
mine. 2014 F150 Lariat. Love it. It's been from NC to SD to key West. 78K miles.

wife. 2009 Acura MDX. She loves it. 148K miles. No issues. She's debating on giving it to our daughter who is in college and getting another MDX.

My operations manager had an MDX and just bought another one. He loves them and I couldn't even get him to test drive anything other than an MDX.

DBOY3141

Reaction score
My operations manager had an MDX and just bought another one. He loves them and I couldn't even get him to test drive anything other than an MDX.
It's been a great car and knock on wood..still going strong.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
2009 Dodge Challenger R/T

I still like it a lot, but....rust.

My wife wants me to get rid of it, but I feel like I'd take a big downgrade with whatever I could get from the money I got for it, and I don't feel like paying more for anything.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
2016 Chrysler 300S - hemi. simply love it. *all* other 4 door cars have a jellybean profile and it drive me nuts. the 300 is the only one that's notched.

2001 dodge ram 1500 quad cab sport i've rebuilt. love it but it's been expensive. :)

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
20 years ago I thought I wanted a Mercedes...

Then I would get the car edition of "Consumer Reports" and my stomach would turn at the thought of spending that kind of money on a car that was so lowly rated– especially against vehicles costing 1/2 the amount.

And every couple of years I would again get "Consumer Reports" and then saw the same lousy ratings for Mercedes.

Finally I decided that if I wanted value then Mercedes was not the direction to go.

Never liked BMW body styles but they've had crap ratings too for years.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
20 years ago I thought I wanted a Mercedes...

Then I would get the car edition of "Consumer Reports" and my stomach would turn at the thought of spending that kind of money on a car that was so lowly rated– especially against vehicles costing 1/2 the amount.

And every couple of years I would again get "Consumer Reports" and then saw the same lousy ratings for Mercedes.

Finally I decided that if I wanted value then Mercedes was not the direction to go.

Never liked BMW body styles but they've had crap ratings too for years.
While there are some issues with Mercedes cars (like most others), the one big difference is the level of their support they provide.

That said, I would never buy one myself. I prefer vehicles where you can get service done no matter where you are.