What Was Your First Vehicle?

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Mine was a 1989 Nissan Hardbody truck. I was 17 when I got it in 1997. The customizing movement during the 90s was minitrucks. They were everywhere and everybody was in a club. I was infatuated with it through my late teens before I eventually fell out of it for cars. They were fun times and you don't see them, really, at all anymore. Pretty much a dead sport now. Back then though it was the thing. I had altered suspension with air shocks to lower it, a "C-Notch in the back frame so the rear axle wouldn't hit the frame, shaved the door handles, updated the nose, and had a bed box with 2 10" subs in it. Looking back, the truck was really a pile and it was silly, but, at the time I was just a kid and I thought it was the coolest thing on the planet. Funny how you grow up and out of things. I'm thankful for the experience though because it kept my head looking forward at something to work hard for, because I was passionate about it, and kept me from the wrong crowds and drugs.

Anyway, that was my first ride. What was yours?

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
68 Ford Fairlane. For some reason the accelerator kept wanting to go to the floor.

Mine was beige with a black vinyl roof. It had a 302 that was built to race.

23669090001_large.jpg

Hoofbite

Reaction score
1976 Chevy Monza. Was awful, especially in 2002. Radiator blew up on me the first day I drove to school. That was fun. Me and a couple friends get out of a car with a mushroom cloud over it and just walk the rest of the way. AM/FM radio I replaced with a less awful modern radio. 1 speaker worked and it was like center dash, just below the windshield. CD player-to-tape deck combo setup sounded awful.

Picture below isn't mine, but that's the model. Mine was maroon, both inside and out. Maroon everything. Literally, maroon interior, maroon exterior, maroon dash, console, and rims. It smelled like old people after it had been stored in someone's garage for years on end. All things considered, it was in good condition, but it just sucked. Pretty sure it only cost like $1,400.

Lasted me about 4 to 6 months. Totaled it in the mountains. They used the jaws of life to turn it into a convertible. I have pictures of the crash somewhere, maybe I'll see if I can find them. Doesn't look particularly bad but that's probably because it was built without crumple zones and light-weight metal. Hurt quite a bit, but it solved my "crappy car" problem.

https://lh3.***BROKEN***/proxy/qh_3-acjeEWX0cuBJEli2ic37UWEmTiKOciG2glBO-t57kEItjQw_4NX9EmfgoUDRUdEkzr-dznNivNeq4acO_hzROZDJaPYyz2ZLuLogzgA2fUsFbotU9_oYTPnWetXzANEfg

StarHead69

Reaction score
‘65 Impala SS in 1986

I admired it walking home from school for two years. Previous owner had souped it up.
327 with a 6-pack, racing transmission and clutch, fiberglass front end and side-pipes... no ac

One day he was waiting outside and asked me if I wanted to buy it, I said yes but I only had $900 saved for a car. He told me to go get the money... I ran home and back. He gave me the keys and the title.
Later (after being pulled over and having it searched for the third time) I learned that he skipped bail and left town.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
1976 Chevy Monza. Was awful, especially in 2002. Radiator blew up on me the first day I drove to school. That was fun. Me and a couple friends get out of a car with a mushroom cloud over it and just walk the rest of the way. AM/FM radio I replaced with a less awful modern radio. 1 speaker worked and it was like center dash, just below the windshield. CD player-to-tape deck combo setup sounded awful.

Picture below isn't mine, but that's the model. Mine was maroon, both inside and out. Maroon everything. Literally, maroon interior, maroon exterior, maroon dash, console, and rims. It smelled like old people after it had been stored in someone's garage for years on end. All things considered, it was in good condition, but it just sucked. Pretty sure it only cost like $1,400.

Lasted me about 4 to 6 months. Totaled it in the mountains. They used the jaws of life to turn it into a convertible. I have pictures of the crash somewhere, maybe I'll see if I can find them. Doesn't look particularly bad but that's probably because it was built without crumple zones and light-weight metal. Hurt quite a bit, but it solved my "crappy car" problem.

https://lh3.***BROKEN***/proxy/qh_3-acjeEWX0cuBJEli2ic37UWEmTiKOciG2glBO-t57kEItjQw_4NX9EmfgoUDRUdEkzr-dznNivNeq4acO_hzROZDJaPYyz2ZLuLogzgA2fUsFbotU9_oYTPnWetXzANEfg
My mother had a Monza that someone dropped a 302 into. Didn't take long for my brother to total that one.