What was your "white whale" toy as a kid at Chrismas?

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You'll shoot your eye out!

That I did not do BUT...

Along with the Crosman my parents bought me a metal target... On one side was a bell. The other side was a piece of flat metal that had a hole in the center... The idea being you put a BB or pellet in the hole in the center of the target and it would rattle the bell.

One day I was firing too close to the target and a BB bounced back and nicked me (I forget where it hit me).

Needless to say I stood a little further back from there on in.

Xelda

Reaction score
What is a "white whale" toy? Since you brought up a BB Gun, I'm thinking something that could be considered dangerous. I'll go with a new bike. Within 15 minutes, I was on my bed under concussion protocol.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
What is a "white whale" toy? Since you brought up a BB Gun, I'm thinking something that could be considered dangerous. I'll go with a new bike. Within 15 minutes, I was on my bed under concussion protocol.
The white whale is a reference to Moby Dick, in which Captain Ahab was perpetually chasing the whale that bit off his leg. So, in this scenario, the white whale would be the gift you always wanted, and finally got one Christmas.

Xelda

Reaction score
I hate to say it, but the box the washing machine came in. (We lived on a hill.) More thrills and spills with that box than any toy could provide.

EDIT! I like your avatar, MichaelWinicki. I enjoyed that show so much the one time I saw it. I remember it had two brothers, one was Winter and the other was Summer.

cowboyec

Reaction score
Chips motorized bike.....styled just like the tv show...rode it right into my parents bedroom yellin' LOOK WHAT SANTA BROUGHT ME!!!!!!!
rode that sucker forever...til it wouldn't keep a charge anymore.
loved it...now they have trucks,cars,jeeps,etc...but that Chips bike...never forgot it.

Cowboys_22

Reaction score
The gift I always wanted for Christmas was a BB gun. My older brother got shot in the eye (not kidding) so that messed it up for me. My dad would say nope, nope, & nope.

I have one now ;)

Btw my brother didn’t lose his eyesight but has always had problems with it.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
A couple come to mind......
One of those electric football games, the big playing field with the individual players whom you could set their direction{which never seemed to work}. Anyways ya plugged the thing in and it vibrated and in turn the men moved around. The game came with the Cowboys and the Dolphins.

Also remember a Evel Knieval stunk cycles like this...

Hardline

Reaction score
1200px-Atari-2600-Console.jpg