What will be the top position battle in camp?

gmoney112

Reaction score
3-Technique - Collins, Hill, Wise, Hyder will probably get some looks here too. Crawford. Covington possibly just to see if he's got any juice for the position.
DE - All the dudes. Taco. Armstrong. Joe Jackson. Hyder.
CB - M. Jackson, Westry, Olumba, Goodwin competing for the 5th spot. Could carry 6 if they impress + Brown probably leaving next season and Byron in limbo
WR - The multiple speed guys we brought in, Guyton + Johnson. Noah Brown has his skillset, can he improve? Austin going to have to earn his spot. Another position we could carry another guy.
OL - not really many "battles", more interested in seeing CWill at G this year and RT snaps, and Hyatt lining up across the line to try and make the team
TE - Battle between Jarwin and Schultz. This is year 3 for Jarwin. He showed some things toward the end of the season in that monster game he had.

We could definitely go long on DL.

With all the position battles at the end of the depth chart at CB + Brown/Jones situation, Westry might get some snaps at SS in which case that'd be a very interesting battle, IMO.

WR starters is largely set, but all the speed brought in is going to be a lot of fun to watch. DBs going to see a lot of speed on the field, good.

Position battles are more interesting this year because we legitimately might carry 2QB and 3TE which opens up spots. DL, DB, and WR are all positions we could go long at. I think they learned a lesson last year trading Charvarius Ward who was an UDFA and ended up playing very well for the Chiefs in the Colts playoff game. If Westry has potential at SS or CB, they could keep him even in Jackson wins the 5th CB spot.

Last edited:

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I underestimate no one.
I only spit the truth.

Those guys have to take snaps, rather than be given them, from Witt.
I want them to succeed to no end, but there it is.

They not only have to show out in practice and pre-season, but be a bit Alpha on Witt and let him know:
These are our snaps, old man.
Can't believe it has come to this. Witt had better be all that.