What Will Happen At Quarterback This Year?

What will happen at the position in the near future?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Note: The poll is single ballot only. A vote cannot be changed or edited after it is submitted.

Which event will happen in your opinion?

NFL Calendar: July 15

At 4:00 p.m., New York time, deadline for any club that designated a Franchise Player to sign such player to a multiyear contract or extension. After this date, the player may sign only a one-year contract with his prior club for the 2020 season, and such contract cannot be extended until after the club’s last regular season game.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Easy. Front office will sign him just like Lawrence & Zeke.

Why is everyone acting like this is anything we haven't seen recently?

bewp7

Reaction score
i read a tweet about all the quarterbacks who has been franchised tagged and there was only around 10 of them ever but most did not sign extensions until july! so that is what i think will happen with dak.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I think Cowboys will come to terms with Dak on a longer term deal. As for Dalton I think Cowboys would have signed a vet backup regardless of Dak contract.

davidariust24

Reaction score
Getting Andy Dalton was huge. This guy has never played with the offensive talent the cowboys have He is probably licking his chops at the opportunity. I hope an agreement is reached but having the leverage of Cooper Rush having to start is now gone for Dak and his agent. Dalton can win. Dak is more stout and rugged and can run but Dalton has more command of the field and with the talent level the cowboys have he is going to shine brighter than he ever has. He has Zeke to hand the ball off to. He had Benson for one season but he was no Zeke.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
If Dak signs a new contract then that means the signing of Dalton worked for the Jones’s.

You mean it will have had nothing to do with Stephen and Jerry saying that Dak was their QB all along or McCarthy saying he sees Dak as a franchise QB? All before Dalton was even signed?

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
If Dak signs a new contract then that means the signing of Dalton worked for the Jones’s.
how so?

Do you really think Dalton was signed as anything other than as a back up QB? You think Dalton is a threat to Dak? Do you believe Bigfoot is out there hiding from being found?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak has already said he is willing to hold out. So this poll is easy pickings.
When did Prescott state that? Before or after an established NFL starter was signed to the roster?

Prescott should have been very confident threatening a real possibility of holding out to strengthen his bargaining position in contract negotiations. Who would the front office wagered against him at that time? Cooper Rush?

One day, Dalton is signed. Soon after, Rush is waived. I could be wrong but I doubt Prescott is as confident about holding out as much now as he was before what has unfolded at his position during the last few days.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
This take was predictable.

Well.. It’s kind of obvious isn’t it?

It doesn’t take critical thinking to see that if Dallas had caved into Dak’s demands of a 4 year deal that Dak had won the negotiation.

If Dak suddenly takes a 6 year deal when he doesn’t have to tells me what Dallas did worked.

Dak can sign a franchise tag and and do this all over again next year while making top money.

Cousins laid out a blueprint for all of this.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
how so?

Do you really think Dalton was signed as anything other than as a back up QB? You think Dalton is a threat to Dak? Do you believe Bigfoot is out there hiding from being found?

Dalton was signed for several reasons and leverage in negotiations is 1 of those reasons.

You saying that using Dalton in negotiations is the equivalent to believing in Bigfoot is moronic.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
how so?

A lot easier to hide nowadays with people not going out. He may finally even get to do yoga in the plains out in the open like he's always dreamed of. Great time to be a Yeti.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
You mean it will have had nothing to do with Stephen and Jerry saying that Dak was their QB all along or McCarthy saying he sees Dak as a franchise QB? All before Dalton was even signed?

I believe Dak is their QB because I believe they think they will get a deal done.

Dallas never gave themselves an ounce of leverage in negotiations until now.

They put the wrong tag on him and yelled from the top of the mountains that Dak is our guy with no leverage while also trying to get him to sign under their terms.

They thought the Cowboy brand would persuade him or convincing him about winning QBs doing it on cheaper deals.

Dallas has been a sucker in these negotiations until now.

Now they can go into the season and get Dak Prescott like results for 3 million dollars if they need to.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
When did Prescott state that? Before or after an established NFL starter was signed to the roster?

Prescott should have been very confident threatening a real possibility of holding out to strengthen his bargaining position in contract negotiations. Who would the front office wagered against him at that time? Cooper Rush?

One day, Dalton is signed. Soon after, Rush is waived. I could be wrong but I doubt Prescott is as confident about holding out as much now as he was before what has unfolded at his position during the last few days.

He hasn't .......only thing close is when he said he would not attend any offseason programs w/o a new deal.