What will our starting lineup look like?

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
When was he cut? He's still on the roster according to the Cowboys website.

I don't actually think he was cut, I think it'ss just that he was on a contract through the end of the season, and now they have to negotiate another contract if they want to keep him.
Well, I thought it was in the news feed zone but I'm not finding it now so I'm guessing it was a premature article that was deleted. I was wondering why he would be cut so quick when I read it.

quickccc

Reaction score
Lots of options & a long time before any of it becomes reality.

The only relatively strong feeling I have is that McGovern will earn a starting job (assuming health). (yes, i mean feeling. as in, i have nothing to back it up)

My biggest question is "Do we need a FB?". Unless we are going to use more than we have these last couple years, seems like we could use the roster spot elsewhere.

Good point.

- I should have question mark the LG spot with the likelihood that the two Connors could have a fierce camp battle for the starting LG spot.
While i think Williams is the better athlete, McGovern maybe a stronger anchor base blocker. Strength has been a past issue with Williams
though I thought he improved some this past year. Although game experience belongs to CW.

- I'm one of those who like the occasional solid lead blocking FB, (something current FB Jamal Olawele is very mediocre at) but I also think MM is going to
make good use out of the FB catching out of the backfield (ala Kuhn)
I even notice the Pats and Saints use the occasional lead blocking FB in certain spots and packages - I think it's a great different look and change up in run schemes on occasions.

- I'm very intrigued with how MM's offense will line up their backs as it's not the traditional one back or split formation. (as I saw on Voch Lombardi's YouTube-vids)
it's going to be interesting to see if MM gives in to Kellen's input of the RPO's on occasions, but frankly I want so much to see the QB under center far often vs
the shotgun RPO formations of the past.
Primarily because zeke just seems to run more effectively from deep one back formation handoffs than these draw-play in shotgun.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Is somebody going to tell him? Ok, fine. We don’t run a 3-4.....

garyo1954

Reaction score
Before the announcements on the offense and defense I would have bet we would be slow starters due to scheme changes.

We may still be slow starters but it won't be due to the scheme.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Too early to even speculate.......plus Forbath has been cut
He's a free agent dear. Dallas only signed him for '19 remainder season. He turns 33 in September which still in prime age for kickers.

With so many roster decisions to make and other needs for draft picks, Dallas might choose to just resign Forbath and treat him as the starter for 2020. It doesn’t mean they won’t bring in another kicker to training camp.

cowboyec

Reaction score
QB-Dak
FB-Anthony Sherman
RB-Zeke
WR-Cooooooop
WR-Gallup
slot-Cobb
TE-Jarwin
OT-Smith
OG-McGovern
C-Frederick