What will we see tomorrow?

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
This team is an enigma, period.

Predicting how they will play on a week to week basis isnt possible anymore IMO. The coach cant motivate anyone. They are a poor fundamental team. They stink on special teams other than the kicker himself and perhaps the kickoff return guy. The defense cant rush the passer despite having a number of very good pass rushers available. The blitzes are basically a joke. The pass coverages are just horrendous. They rarely make any plays on the ball and have trouble getting turnovers or forcing bad plays.

We are 4-1, but we could pretty easily be 2-3 and the team absolutely sux at home, where we should be pretty dominant.

Who knows what we will see tomorrow. We should be able to score on them and make big plays, but I have zero confidence in the defense to do anything good. If they had trouble with a lousy Cinci offense with a beatup QB and a poor OL, I just cant see them amazingly stoning the Cards, who have a pretty good OL and a QB who can put up huge numbers. They can also run the ball some, in addition to having good receivers.

I see a game with both teams in the 30's. If the Cards have the ball last, hopefully we are winning by 9 or more.

EveryoneElse

Reaction score
I see a shoot out in the cards(no pun intended).

The winner scoring 40+ points.

Last team with the ball winning.

So yeah, basically what you said.

Hope we're 5-1 after the game.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
no shootout. you're gonna see a pissed off Cowboys team that plays mean,smart,phsyical,aggressive football on both sides of the ball.

at least i hope so....

cardsfanmd

Reaction score
Grettings from a card's fan,

I agree with the guys who said that the game will be a shootout. Both teams have very explosive offenses and both teams have injured secondaries.

All in all I think it will be a really exciting game.

The Cards have the third most sacks in the league on D, but Romo is very mobile and seems at his best (and occasionally at his worst) when running for his life. Jerry Jones could chase down Warner, but like Romo, he is at his best when teams try to blitz him. More than anything, I am glad we are playing the 'boys, just because it's a nationally televised game.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
A win, which will lead some people to think that things are hunky dory.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Bigg may have a thing or two to say come game time. He wasn't well liked by the fandom and the press.

Phantom

Benched
Reaction score
I am expecting nothing less than a BIG blow out. This is the time for our 'boys to show what they are made of. In that locker room they are pissed off and embarrased that they haven't dominated like they know they can. With all the media jumping off the band wagon and climbing over to the Foreskins and Midgets, look for this team to make a statement, and fry some bird tomorrow afternoon.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
cardsfanmd;2326170 said:
Grettings from a card's fan,

I agree with the guys who said that the game will be a shootout. Both teams have very explosive offenses and both teams have injured secondaries.

All in all I think it will be a really exciting game.

The Cards have the third most sacks in the league on D, but Romo is very mobile and seems at his best (and occasionally at his worst) when running for his life. Jerry Jones could chase down Warner, but like Romo, he is at his best when teams try to blitz him. More than anything, I am glad we are playing the 'boys, just because it's a nationally televised game.

That right there was a pretty good post. Three step drops are gonna kill us unless we go man and jam 'em at the line. JMO, of course..

Your comment on Jerry catching Warner................they'd both have to be in a phone booth. ;)

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
dbair1967;2326142 said:
This team is an enigma, period.

Predicting how they will play on a week to week basis isnt possible anymore IMO. The coach cant motivate anyone. They are a poor fundamental team. They stink on special teams other than the kicker himself and perhaps the kickoff return guy. The defense cant rush the passer despite having a number of very good pass rushers available. The blitzes are basically a joke. The pass coverages are just horrendous. They rarely make any plays on the ball and have trouble getting turnovers or forcing bad plays.

We are 4-1, but we could pretty easily be 2-3 and the team absolutely sux at home, where we should be pretty dominant.

Who knows what we will see tomorrow. We should be able to score on them and make big plays, but I have zero confidence in the defense to do anything good. If they had trouble with a lousy Cinci offense with a beatup QB and a poor OL, I just cant see them amazingly stoning the Cards, who have a pretty good OL and a QB who can put up huge numbers. They can also run the ball some, in addition to having good receivers.

I see a game with both teams in the 30's. If the Cards have the ball last, hopefully we are winning by 9 or more.

Harsh but true.

Brenda Warner

Benched
Reaction score
I see Kurt consoling Romo at the end of the game right after Kurt leads both teams in prayer, and Pacman punching a Cardinal cheerleader on his way to the tunnel.

EveryoneElse

Reaction score
Brenda Warner;2326508 said:
I see Kurt consoling Romo at the end of the game right after Kurt leads both teams in prayer, and Pacman punching a Cardinal cheerleader on his way to the tunnel.

Did you ever play football Mr. Brenda?

Achozen

Sounds From The Lair
Reaction score
Nothing different from the defense.

Offense will have a big game.

zeroburrito

Reaction score
should be a very close game. last team with the ball wins. we just aren't the same team we were last year(actually we are the same team from the second half of last year, thats the problem).

Boysboy

Reaction score
Like I said in other threads-in games we were expected to cakewalk through, we ended up either barely winning or getting waxed. However-we were expected to lose to the Browns and Packers by double digits, but we ended up waxing them both.

So what's in store for tomorrow? Honestly-I don't know. I feel VERY skeptical about tomorrow largely b/c of the way we played the last 2 weeks(No, these distractions over the last 2 weeks are really a mountain made out of a mohill). The Cards have fielded a very good team this year, they're at home, they're on the national soundstage, etc.

So ultimately, as long as we get a W, I'll be OK.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
I think its a blowout and Kurt Warner probably doesn't finish the game.

Brenda Warner

Benched
Reaction score
speedkilz88;2326527 said:
I think its a blowout and Kurt Warner probably doesn't finish the game.

I hope you're right. No need to keep my husband in the game when the Cardinals are winning by 28 with three minutes to go. I hear players can get hurt during "garbage time" but thankfully that hasn't happened to the Cardinals.