What would the last play have been?

glimmerman

Reaction score
Pick or knock down. Or pass short and out of bounds with no time left. Or Lamb goes up and grabs one but we get a holding call by Williams on the play..

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
it is a fireable offense that we didn't take one shot at the EZ on that drive. Not one. At the 40 and we decide to run a QB draw with no timeouts. I would fire the entire coaching staff on the O side of the ball and the HC for allowing it. Don't get me wrong, I have no faith that had we taken our shot that Dak would have came through, prob would have run in circles until he was sacked but to not even try is unforgivable. But MM is a huge upgrade right?

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
McCarthy said it ....it was going to be a 5 vertical...hoping to hit the skinny post to Schultz. Would it have worked????
What I find telling is....your paying Cooper 20 million to be your 3rd option in that situation. :popcorn:

I think that would have been your best bet. SF would have backed everyone to the endzone - looking in the middle of the field for Schultz at goaline. The throw would have had to be a rocket from Dak. About a 10% chance it works. Would have liked to have had the chance :(

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
They were looking for a manageable shot to the endzone. Dak would have forced a throw to the endzone and hoped for the best.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Dak made it seem like they had a specific play for that distance they were at. I think they had some kind of trick play they were gonna run?

Maybe some type of hook and lateral or a screen pass to Pollard or something. I don't think we would've seen Dak throwing into a crowded endzone? :huh:
its dumb to think the play would have worked, because they would drop 9 into coverage. all in the end zone and rush 2.....I would actually rush nobody and put 11 in the endzone and dare you to run it in...

what we should have done is put pressure on them to make two stops in the endzone. throw it twice to the endzone...two hail mary's....

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Dak made it seem like they had a specific play for that distance they were at. I think they had some kind of trick play they were gonna run?

Maybe some type of hook and lateral or a screen pass to Pollard or something. I don't think we would've seen Dak throwing into a crowded endzone? :huh:
Dak would have dumped the ball off to Zeke for a 5 yard gain.:laugh::laugh:

Dre11

Reaction score
IIRC Mike said 4 verticals, but the difference is I think you force 49ers to play close to a normal type defense than putting people in the endzone. From 30 you could possibly throw a little short of the goaline break a tackle and get in.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A Bones Fassel “special” where the punt team runs on the field then off again in a desperate attempt to confuse the opponent, then causing the 15th penalty and…game over.

dckid

Reaction score

Gosh how dumb is this organization!!!!
The last play. The last 5 minutes were a gift from the gods. The Cowboys did not deserve in any sense of the word deserve to win that game and I am happy they didnt. It would just reward terrible play and coaching and embolden Jerry even more. Thinking we are one something away!!!!
You cant be one step away every year guys and gals!!!
26 years is a trend!!!